Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > delete an app only appearing in menu bar

delete an app only appearing in menu bar
lionbacasp
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 4, 2018, 02:47 AM

I downloaded an app from an website hoping to lock the app for auto restart. however, it doesn't work as promised so I prepared to remove it.

The weird thing is that the app only shows up in menu bar and no app icon in Application folder so I can't delete them on my mac. any suggestion?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 4, 2018, 05:51 AM

Which app is it?

If it’s just a menulet, you can remove it by holding the Command key and dragging the icon off the menu bar. That may not stop it from relaunching after a reboot, though.

Check your User System preference for login items; sometimes they are listed there. Hovering your mouse pointer over the entry should show the exact location of the app.

lionbacasp  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 6, 2018, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
Which app is it?

If it’s just a menulet, you can remove it by holding the Command key and dragging the icon off the menu bar. That may not stop it from relaunching after a reboot, though.

Check your User System preference for login items; sometimes they are listed there. Hovering your mouse pointer over the entry should show the exact location of the app.
Cisdem AppCrypt 3 for Mac.

p.s it is not opening after reboot and the app icon is still in launchpad.

Edit: It was removed by another mac uninstaller called TunesBro.
( Last edited by lionbacasp; Dec 12, 2018 at 02:03 AM. )

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 7, 2018, 10:23 AM

If the app icon is still in Lauchpad, then it should be in the applications folder on your hard drive. If you drag it to the trash from there, that should be the end of it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules