Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Looking for a Memory Stick Keychain

Looking for a Memory Stick Keychain
DJG3
Jul 14, 2003, 12:18 PM

Does anyone know of the existence of what I'll call a memory stick keychain for lack of a better term.

Bascially here's my dilemma: I just aquired an old 2MP Sony digital camera that works just fine for now. It had some warranty work on it after being submerged during a boating trip and my buddy just decided to buy a new one instead, and gave this one to me. Anyways, I would like to pick up a 128meg memory stick for it, however I dont want it to be a waste when the digicam decides to crap out. I've been looking around for something like this:

http://www.simpletech.com/products/c...ive/Bonzai.php

that would enable me to continue to make usage of this 128meg memory stick as a "usb keychain" style device afterwards. The closest method I've come up would be to purchase one of these:

http://www.googlegear.com/jsp/Produc...ductCode=80967

which I guess is essentially what i'm looking for however, I would like something a bit more portable and durable with a keychain attached or loop so I'm less likely to loose it. I have seached sony's website and i'm surprised they dont have something like this.
( Last edited by DJG3; Jul 16, 2003 at 05:47 PM. )
~DJG3

DJG3  (op)
Jul 16, 2003, 05:48 PM

bump!!!
~DJG3

DJG3  (op)
Jul 20, 2003, 10:10 PM

bump!!!!
~DJG3

CrazedVW
Forum Regular
Jul 20, 2003, 11:08 PM

I think I have what you're looking for. Its made by Lexar Media and can be found here:
http://www.lexarmedia.com/jumpdrive/jd_trio.html
Its called the Jumpdrive. I picked it up at Walmart for like $20 a couple months ago. Acts as a miniature USB drive for memory sticks.
Hope that helps.
MacBook Pro: 13"/2.26Ghz/4GB/500GB/SuperDrive (Mine)
MacBook Pro: 13"/2.26Ghz/2GB/160GB/SuperDrive (Wife's)

DJG3  (op)
Sep 17, 2003, 02:03 AM

Thanks...I was actually in Fry's Electronics up in the bay area today since i've finally had a chance to take a couple weeks vacation from my place down at school. So I immediately bought it for 20bux which is a very respectable price I might add.

Anyways I get home and go to try it out on my parents MDD G4 Dual 867. I pop in my 128 lexar memory stick (that i havnt had for more than a few weeks) inside the usb key and get this device power error. So i try pluggin in the usb key into the back of the machine, then the usb hub and still the same thing. I also have a 4port pci usb card in my G4 so maybe that might work, but I have to wait till tomorrow for that. Anyways what a bummer man, after all this wait. At least I can still use the memory stick in my old sony digicam, but as the cam is on its way out, id really hoped to hold onto the memory stick for a usb devices such as this. I'll wait to see what happens when I get to try it out on my MDD G4 Dual gig down in slo tomorrow when I get back...I hope it'll mount there. I'm also going to try it out on some PC's too and see what the deal is. Right now its late and nobody is around with any other machines I can try it out on.

Any ideas why it didnt work on my parents MDD G4. The drive shouldn't need drivers and its such a low power device I dont know why that message would appear.
Thx.

btw...the link in crazedVW's post is the exact product I'm talking about here in case there's some confusion

( Last edited by DJG3; Sep 17, 2003 at 02:08 AM. )
~DJG3

Forum Links
Forum Rules