Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Vista is better than OS X

Vista is better than OS X
anonymac
Baninated
Mar 17, 2007, 06:43 AM

Vista is superior to OS X. It's faster, more compatible, easier, and has virtually every feature that OS X does. Flip 3D must be making the expose developers take a dump in their pants because it is such a brilliant feature that is better implemented than expose.

Sophus
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 17, 2007, 07:19 AM

Sure... Ehmm... Maybe you should stay off that crack Mr. Troll...

You got to do better than that if you want to start a flamewar. A little more subtle the next time and you might just make it.
;-)

Visualize
Forum Regular
Mar 17, 2007, 07:24 AM

It's your right to say this. I haven't tried Vista in dual boot on this iMac yet but I do have it running in Parallels. And I must say that i'm not that impressed. Okay, the speed is not up to par because of Parallels but I don't think it's superior to OS X. I for one looked forward to coming back into OS X after having tried Vista Ultimate.

Maybe a dual boot - with proper speed- will change my mind. But I doubt it. My Windows XP experience lasted approx. 3 days.

ciao.

badsey
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 17, 2007, 07:45 AM

I always swore that Win2000 would be my last version of Windows, but after awhile I did go WinXP <sp2. WinSP2 was horribly slow for me and WinVista needs more ram = slower. I was not impressed with WinVista RC1.

I believe WinBorg is the better alternative here.

OSX is much quicker than any WIndows of the last 8 years. With dual/quad core the difference is even more measurable. Microsoft better get its' act together quickly.

Vista may be necessary for the new MS Office stuff. --> Good reason to go Win Vista.

Philip J. Fry
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 17, 2007, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by anonymac View Post
Vista is superior to OS X. It's faster, more compatible, easier, and has virtually every feature that OS X does. Flip 3D must be making the expose developers take a dump in their pants because it is such a brilliant feature that is better implemented than expose.
More compatible? Have you read the reports about Adobe/Symantec software not working?

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 17, 2007, 09:15 AM

Vista IS more compatible with more than 100,000 viruses.

ghporter
Administrator
Mar 17, 2007, 10:01 AM

anonymac, trolling will get you nowhere here. Thread closed.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules