Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Promoting mac for malaysians

Promoting mac for malaysians
g_lid85
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 1, 2007, 09:38 AM

hello,im a malaysian who's dedicated to bring malaysians into switching to mac. for a community in which windows is being used by almost everybody, its hard to just simply ask somebody to change their platform into mac. So i made a blog trying to give informations to malaysians about whats a mac, imac etc. its a bit new but can you guys gimme some opinions about how to educate people on using mac for those who are not that tech savvy..? thanks. please visit my blog site and give your opinions on how should i proceed from here onwards...

Switching to mac

Randman
Posting Junkie
Apr 1, 2007, 10:35 AM

Contact a MUGs (Mac Users Group) in your city and meet some contacts that way. I know Kuala Lumpur used to have 1. Singapore has a pretty solid one if you can't find one very active in Malaysia.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

badsey
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 2, 2007, 02:51 PM

since you say nearly 100% use Windows in Malysia, I would focus on running Windows programs on your Mac.
-It's all about running the programs you need.

I would also focus on Widgets. I am a big widget believer.

It's hard to sell the Mac without using a Mac. =Using your Mac is the best way to sell the Mac. Don't work so hard trying to switch people. Allow people will make that choice themselves.

Forum Links
Forum Rules