Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Is this normal? (Just another picky new pb owner question�)

Is this normal? (Just another picky new pb owner question�)
sniffer
Professional Poster
Jul 18, 2004, 06:17 AM

I know this is picky, but I just wonder if this is normal. My PB rev C 12" is perfect in every way, so it's just the perfectionistic aura in this machine that's the reason I notice these crazy things.
It looks like the jackplug for both sound out and mic doesn't go all the way in, like I've illustrated in this picture:

It looks like the JackPlug isn't entirely in place, but everything works as it should, so this is strictly aesthetics. Studying the hole it looks like I can't push the jackplug further in, so it might be how it's supposed to be.
Thoughts?

Sniffer gone old-school sig

urrl78
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2004, 07:40 AM

Mine has about 1/32" clearance from plugging fully in. I would never send it in for repair as long as it is working though. That's a pretty blurry pic there...

d.fine
Mac Elite
Jul 18, 2004, 09:40 AM

15" AluPB, looks about the same as yours when plugged in, I think it's normal. As long as you're getting both channels ...

stuffing feathers up your b*tt doesn't make you a chicken.

cszar2001
Photo Architect
Jul 18, 2004, 09:58 AM

Yep - looks normal to me.
"Microsoft is a cross between the Borg and the Ferengi. Unfortunately, they use Borg to do their marketing and Ferengi to do their programming." Simon Slavin

Me on Flickr.

sniffer  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 18, 2004, 11:22 AM

Thanks folks. That's reassuring.

Sniffer gone old-school sig

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 18, 2004, 12:09 PM

It depends upon how far the cable sleeve rides up on the jack. I have cables where the cable sleeve sits snugly up against the aluminium of my 12" Powerbook. These cables will not fit properly in some other equipment I own.

-s*

Forum Links
Forum Rules