Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Tiger and accelerated mouse curve question..

Tiger and accelerated mouse curve question..
sniffer
Professional Poster
Jan 22, 2005, 09:06 AM

I know people have different opinions regarding this, but I drop in the question anyway. Please don't derail this into a debate about what platform solution has it right, who is right, and tell people to just freaking adjust etc. Most people don't have any issues with this, some do (like me obviously), and others might be new switchers that find the mouse acceleration difference from Windows to Mac OS X difficult to adjust to. It's just the way things are. Perspective vary.

I've used OS X since 10.0, and since day one I've found it hard to adjust to the built in no changeable mouse acceleration setting, and I too had to hack that plist file (I think it was) to get it work somewhat to my liking in the early days. To day I am depended on third party mouse drives to chug along happily. I would be relieved if it turns out I don't need to apply third party drivers in the next major update to get the one thing I want the most in regards to peripheral inputs.

Does any of you know if the Tiger betas let you change the acceleration curve on the mouse pointer? (Or if this is a planned feature?)

If no, I'll go click that OS X feedback button about this. (Or perhaps I should anyway. )

Sniffer gone old-school sig

DeathMan
Mac Elite
Jan 22, 2005, 12:01 PM

I'm holding out for a start button, an a task bar. When OS X has one of those, I'll switch.

Amorya
Mac Elite
Jan 22, 2005, 06:44 PM

I would doubt it, given that Apple has not added an option for this in 21 years...

Doesn't USB Overdrive or something do this?
What the nerd community most often fail to realize is that all features aren't equal. A well implemented and well integrated feature in a convenient interface is worth way more than the same feature implemented crappy, or accessed through a annoying interface.

Forum Links
Forum Rules