Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Just ordered BTO

Just ordered BTO
wschultz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 26, 2004, 04:54 PM

I'm so pumped. I traded in my 15" iMac through PowerMax and just ordered the 12.1" iBook BTO (60GB, BT, AE). Should be here in about 2 weeks (I hope). I'm looking forward to having a portable mac and surfing from my couch/bed/coffee shop/etc. I've ordered the 512MB memory also, so it should be pretty zippy with 758MB total. What else? Hmmm.... I was going back and forth between 12" ibook and 15" PB but in the end decided that for my needs the ibook was perfect (then I can spend the extra $ on other things like a new bike and digicam).
I'm sure I'll be an active participant in the iBook forum - probably w/ more questions than answers, lol.

W

wschultz  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 6, 2004, 02:48 PM

Woohoo - iBook should be here tomorrow

Applefreak01
Senior User
May 6, 2004, 03:46 PM

Cool. Portable Macs are the so cool. I don't know what I would do without my iBook.
[Riding a circus elephant]
Peter: Look Lois, the two smybols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a fat white guy who is threatened by change. - Family Guy

heresiarh
Dedicated MacNNer
May 6, 2004, 03:48 PM

Congrats.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
May 6, 2004, 03:52 PM

Congrats man.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
May 6, 2004, 04:17 PM

now for the inevitable- pics?

heresiarh
Dedicated MacNNer
May 6, 2004, 04:22 PM

hmm.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
May 6, 2004, 04:49 PM

Originally posted by heresiarh:
hmm.
Post-count-hike posts are quite annoying, you know.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

cold aspiration
Mac Enthusiast
May 6, 2004, 06:28 PM

Originally posted by wschultz:
I'm so pumped. I traded in my 15" iMac through PowerMax and just ordered the 12.1" iBook BTO (60GB, BT, AE). Should be here in about 2 weeks (I hope). I'm looking forward to having a portable mac and surfing from my couch/bed/coffee shop/etc. I've ordered the 512MB memory also, so it should be pretty zippy with 758MB total. What else? Hmmm.... I was going back and forth between 12" ibook and 15" PB but in the end decided that for my needs the ibook was perfect (then I can spend the extra $ on other things like a new bike and digicam).
I'm sure I'll be an active participant in the iBook forum - probably w/ more questions than answers, lol.

W
Congratulations! I have the exact same thing and it is so great.

Oh I think you meant 640mb of ram because if you have the 512, there is only one slot in the ibook for the ram and 128 built in so you have to take out 128 in order to insert the 512 stick.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
May 6, 2004, 06:52 PM

Originally posted by cold aspiration:
Congratulations! I have the exact same thing and it is so great.

Oh I think you meant 640mb of ram because if you have the 512, there is only one slot in the ibook for the ram and 128 built in so you have to take out 128 in order to insert the 512 stick.
check this out- the new ones have 256 on the LB.

heresiarh
Dedicated MacNNer
May 6, 2004, 07:04 PM

yes they do.

discotronic
Mac Elite
May 6, 2004, 08:00 PM

Originally posted by heresiarh:
yes they do.
AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Most of your posts are nothing but b*llsh*t. For the most part you say nothing. Look back on your posts. At least post something better than (these are your actual posts):

iMacs are very pleasant looking.
yes they do.
Sounds like a good idea.
good one.
it looks like you are stuck.

You seem to be giving a response only to get your post count over 1000. When you do post something with more than 6 words you say something totally off the wall like: eMacs are basically useless. Give us a break!!

wschultz  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 7, 2004, 12:39 PM

Lucky Day - well, the iBook came in this morning... it was like "ooohhh aaaah" when I was opening it! It is UBER cool! Holy crap. Oh - and I got my BlueTake BT mouse -- that looks uber cool in person too! Very small, and the blue is a metallic like color - very schwank.
I'm charging it now, then am going to a coffee shop with wireless to do setup & play
Oh - it's going to look great in the new Booq PowerSleeve (which I got on Tuesday).

Forum Links
Forum Rules