Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Help! File are all showing up the same size in finder!

Help! File are all showing up the same size in finder!
PseuFighter
Forum Regular
May 13, 2001, 01:58 AM

Hey everyone, I'm running MacOS 9.1 on my 266MHz iMac and have run across my first big problem since erasing my hard drive and reinstalling OS 9 (then downloading 9.1) a week ago. The problem is that suddenly all my files (well more than 85%) are showing in the finder as being either 97k or 193k! Is it a virus, a preferene glitch, what??? Help please... When I do the apple-i for info, the files show up as that weird/false number, then show the actual memory size. I've also run across two "bombs" tonight. First while running Netscape 4.73, the other time when running IE 5. I've been working in GoLive 3 and Fireworks 3 tonight. I'm running RamDoubler 9.0.1 Below are some pictures of what I'm talking about.

Please help me, as I fear this problem could get worse. I keep everything on my hard drive and if it were to go bad I lose it all. I would network my other iMac to this one and send all my files over there, but I then fear that the other machine will experince similar issues.

Thank You!

Jarid
Let's show 'em why Macworld 2003 won't be like Macworld 2002.

Cipher13
May 13, 2001, 02:16 AM

Problem solved via IM - HD needed reformatting in HFS+ rather than HFS standard.

------------------

AIM: Cipher1387
mail: [email protected]

PseuFighter  (op)
Forum Regular
May 13, 2001, 02:23 AM

Thank you Cipher!
Let's show 'em why Macworld 2003 won't be like Macworld 2002.

Cipher13
May 13, 2001, 02:27 AM

Anytime

------------------

AIM: Cipher1387
mail: [email protected]

Forum Links
Forum Rules