Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > UT 2004 Patch 3186.1

UT 2004 Patch 3186.1
RyanG3
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2004, 01:18 PM

Just downloaded the new patch for UT 2004.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/22450

Won't be able to try it until this evening.

Post your experiences here.

I'm hoping the uncontrollable spinning Manta bug is fixed!

DamnDJ
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 27, 2004, 01:36 PM

Startup time seems a little quicker..

My game no longer crashes when I hit the "F" key for voice chat, although I am unsure whether or not the Mic actually works or not. When I hit the F key to say something, the green light on the iSight does not come up, nor has anyone responded to my "Can Anyone Hear Me" requests.

Perhaps the iSight isn't a support method of voicechat, but at least it doesn't crash the game.

Haven't received any server bans due to the MD5 skin error or been booted due to funky custom maps, but over the past few days, I haven't experienced them anyway, so I can't say if the patch has helped or not. I'll believe it does since the readme says so.

Other than that, everything else is the same.

I've only ever experienced the uncontrollable spinning mantra once, and that happened last night, pre-patch obviously. I thought the power core was trying to suck me in. I guess it's a bug and not a power hungry generator.

ARK
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2004, 02:43 PM

This is a new version of the game and not the demo correct?
- Dual 1Ghz Quicksilver /w 1G RAM, GeForce4 Ti, 17" Studio Display, Soundsticks, 10.4.11
- iPhone 3G 16G Black
- 30Gig Video iPod

- MacBook Pro or iMac (soon hopefully)

DamnDJ
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 27, 2004, 02:47 PM

Yes, this is for the full version of the game, not the demo.

ARK
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2004, 02:54 PM

Hmm well I will have to download it and try it out. I have a usb headset and it always crashed when I would try to voice chat with it. Hopefully it is fixed. I will post my findings when I look at it tonight.
- Dual 1Ghz Quicksilver /w 1G RAM, GeForce4 Ti, 17" Studio Display, Soundsticks, 10.4.11
- iPhone 3G 16G Black
- 30Gig Video iPod

Hydra
Senior User
Apr 27, 2004, 03:48 PM

It works fine even with the iSight's mic now

-Jerry C.

RyanG3  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2004, 09:02 PM

Well, I tried the patch and I still have the spinning Manta in FrostBite.
Strange and very annoying.

Everything else seems ok.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2004, 09:23 PM

Hosted on .Mac and exited bandwidth?! wtf?

edit: downloaded from MacGameFiles.com and installed, got it working.
( Last edited by NetworkShadow; Apr 28, 2004 at 01:20 AM. )
click one

ARK
Forum Regular
Apr 29, 2004, 01:35 AM

So you got the voice chat to work with isight?

Originally posted by Hydra:
It works fine even with the iSight's mic now

-Jerry C.
- iPhone 3G 16G Black
- 30Gig Video iPod

SteevAK
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2004, 02:51 AM

I'm glad it fixed the bug with the md5 check failure on the skin pack or whatever that was. I can finally play on official Atari servers!
#macnn: where all the real action is at.

ARK
Forum Regular
Apr 29, 2004, 09:38 AM

Well I tried the USB headset. While pushing the assigned key to chat doesnt freeze me anymore it also still doesn't work like it should. Still no voice chat with me.
- iPhone 3G 16G Black
- 30Gig Video iPod

emark
Forum Regular
Apr 30, 2004, 06:10 PM

I think what REALLY sucks eggs is that MACSOFT's "support" page doesn't list it - even to link to it...

somebody's dot.mac site is miss-linked or whatever....TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE FOR PRO PAID SOFTWARE....

#! - they need to have a real support site, or at least some active forums....even if they want to sponsor or link to MacGamer, or IMG, step up to the plate and take responisbility for the product....imagine that you want to engender warm fuzzies from your customers...people have suggestions, questions, tips, optimization research, to share and to discover...if not you're own, link from your site to active discussions....some of us are new to gaming/the gaming community...

since it's release, we Mac users have been stuck playing on non-standard servers....typically not full of competitors, and more often than not, slow, laggy places...the update is NEWS, which brings us to point #2

#2 - Especially for a company who doesn't have their own download/ftp site for updates, SEND ANNOUNCEMNTS TO THE GAMING AND NEWS COMMUNITIES UPON RELEASE with links to the ftp sites...immediately after you post the NEWS on your site.

#3 This may would be over the top: take the extra step...email your precious customers who've paid and registered that the update is available...(if this is cost prohibitive, or isn't relatively easily done/available, at least do the former). Opt in, of course.

#4 last thought: Atari servers make announcements on the front page of the "internet" tab....the message hasn't changed to my recollection....USE the space, keep people apprived of server/client updates?

Hope somebody in the MACSOFT considers something along these lines...I don't mean Ryan...he's on the programming, not business end...

OK, got to get off the damn soap box and go pump some flak into somebody...
( Last edited by emark; Apr 30, 2004 at 09:26 PM. )

SamuraiDL
Mac Elite
May 1, 2004, 02:00 AM

is this the 128 mb card?

Forum Links
Forum Rules