Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > All Contacts and iCal info gone

All Contacts and iCal info gone
PHoynak
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 30, 2009, 02:55 PM

I had an old .mac account that appeared on my new iPhone 3GS that was not working so I deleted it today while at work. Now all of my contacts and iCal events on my phone are gone

My Mobile Me account is there but its been over an hour and it still has not pulled the data off of the "cloud"... how do I get this fixed?

I checked my Mobile Me account online and the data is still there.

Thanks

PHoynak  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 30, 2009, 09:58 PM

Well after a few hours my contacts and iCal info came back... scary

ghporter
Administrator
Jul 1, 2009, 06:28 AM

I'm glad all was eventually made right. But this is one reason I'm not really sold on MobileMe as a resource. Depending on "the cloud" for my important data is scary enough. But knowing that "the cloud" may take an inordinate amount of time to get back with me is the deal breaker.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

kylef
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2009, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
I'm glad all was eventually made right. But this is one reason I'm not really sold on MobileMe as a resource. Depending on "the cloud" for my important data is scary enough. But knowing that "the cloud" may take an inordinate amount of time to get back with me is the deal breaker.
That's why I use Google (contacts and calendars) - instant.

Phileas
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2009, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
On the other hand MobileMe has saved my personal bacon several times. Also, when buying new hardware, getting your info onto the device is a snap. MobileMe and Time Machine make for a pretty decent backup solution.

Forum Links
Forum Rules