Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > What does this pref mean

What does this pref mean
NeonBoy
Oct 8, 1999, 11:36 PM

Hi,

I been cleaning my mac a lot and I usually go in the system folder to dig out some stuff because it got the most files of all. I came across this pref call...

ASLM Preferences
Expansion Manager Prefs
TSM Preferences

I think the system used this, but I trash it all the time and it keep coming back.

StratMan
Oct 10, 1999, 12:00 PM

NeonBoy,

Hey, what's up? The ASLM and TSM pref files refer to the Apple Shared Library Manager and the Time Synchronization Manager, respectively. Both of these vital managers are part of Mac OS 8.x and will regenerate their pref files if deleted. As for the Expansion Manager prefs, my best guess would be that it is generated by Mind Expander, a pre-Stuffit 5.x archive expansion substitute. Let me know if you have any other questions.

As for me, I am about to do some DNA fusion engineering on my Mac. Well maybe that's overstating it a bit, but upgrading my PPC 601 (@ 66 MHz) to a PPC 750 (@ 266 MHz) should make one heck of an interesting and trailblazing hybrid Power Mac 7100/G3-266. Life in the fast lane...

-StratMan

------------------
"The truth is out there."

NeonBoy
Oct 11, 1999, 09:07 PM

Yo Stratman thanx a lot!. That help me out and know better about computer. You're pretty good with a Macintosh, I'll be sure to ask you if anything come up.

Later

Forum Links
Forum Rules