Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [ANN] new BBX GUI Overlay Kit - BBX OMEGA�

[ANN] new BBX GUI Overlay Kit - BBX OMEGA� (Page 16)
phillryu
Mac Elite
Dec 26, 2003, 02:03 PM

It was Christmas yesterday. And he has released a few glimpses, and a big big teaser showing the basic surface and LED style on this thread.

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Dec 26, 2003, 02:06 PM

Originally posted by phillryu:
It was Christmas yesterday. And he has released a few glimpses, and a big big teaser showing the basic surface and LED style on this thread.
It's christmas season. And ooooooooo a teaser poster!! OMFGWOW!

again... suggestion, say it with me, suggestion.

Chris

Frisbee
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 26, 2003, 02:12 PM

Dude, wasn't watercolor the default theme for early Windows XP builds long before you had the idea to port it to the official build- It couldn't have been nearly as hard to make as omega, considering you were just basically copying MS' watercolor?

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Dec 26, 2003, 02:18 PM

Originally posted by Frisbee:
Dude, wasn't watercolor the default theme for early Windows XP builds long before you had the idea to port it to the official build- It couldn't have been nearly as hard to make as omega, considering you were just basically copying MS' watercolor?
Yes it was a port, but considering the tool's we had were basic at that time, no it wasnt very easy to recreate. Plus I had to redesign various part's of the theme. I'm not saying he should have it done by now. AGAIN, I'm simply suggesting that next time he doesnt mention the theme until it's ready for release to save him some heartache.

Honestly, can't you people read? Or do you just look to pick flame wars all the time?

I think it's the later.

Chris

CiN FuL
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 26, 2003, 02:33 PM

im from the neowin board, and ive been reading this for a while now... i was just wondering

didnt bbx post about how on christmas day he was going to post some new information on omega?

maybe i misread something but anyway, happy holidays

phillryu
Mac Elite
Dec 26, 2003, 02:35 PM

No, he said that on Christmas, I would show a little more info. Unfortunately, it was a misunderstanding. Right now, target date is New Years. Sorry guys

neo_2510
Dec 26, 2003, 04:39 PM

would be nice. Only talking about this and that isn't satisfying.

Common show as something....

fireside
Professional Poster
Dec 26, 2003, 05:02 PM

what the hell is the point of waiting 4 damn days phil? last time i checked, christmas is a little bit more gift giving time than new years. and by "few glimpses" you mean "one glimpse."

phillryu
Mac Elite
Dec 26, 2003, 05:21 PM

There are other things that need to be prepared, besides the mini Omega reveal. Sorry. Maybe in a few days I'll give out a bit more info.

fireside
Professional Poster
Dec 26, 2003, 06:08 PM

oh, im sorry it takes so long to take a screen shot and post it on the web.

neo_2510
Dec 26, 2003, 06:59 PM

Originally posted by fireside:
For sure

christianclark
Forum Regular
Dec 26, 2003, 07:29 PM

Originally posted by Sage:
Ha ha, you're funny! Thanks for brightening up my Christmas with a heavy dose of idiocy.
No sweat. I was so bored.

Christian

christianclark
Forum Regular
Dec 26, 2003, 07:31 PM

buahahahaha! william bart is far from a college kid, idiot. and if you even read this entire thread, he gave plenty of warning that it might not be done by christmas. but he did say he might give us a real teaser as a christmas present. c'mon billy, its christmas time!
LOL LOL..

I didn't said about William. I was talking about ShapeShifter.

Christian

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 26, 2003, 07:44 PM

c. clark, you crack me up. saw you in the resX forums as well, you take this theme thing a little too seriously man, honest. if you want to rock a "dark theme" use titanium and try to find a girlfriend (other than jill) until omega hits. after omega drops feel free to praise and all that as long as there is no more whining. please.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 26, 2003, 07:45 PM

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Dec 26, 2003, 08:50 PM

D, you are the man!

Originally posted by d4nth3m4n:

phillryu
Mac Elite
Dec 27, 2003, 12:23 PM

Fireside, I am sincerely hoping that January 1st will be a pleasant surprise for you and other MacNNers here, for more reasons than an Omega peak. Please be patient... at least there's a pretty solid date to wait for

CiN FuL
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 27, 2003, 02:50 PM

Fireside, I am sincerely hoping that January 1st will be a pleasant surprise for you and other MacNNers here, for more reasons than an Omega peak. Please be patient... at least there's a pretty solid date to wait for
as long as i come here on jan 1st and see more than one screen shot (that is what im expecting for now) i should be happy...

i think come january 1st, either people are going to be really pissed off, really excited, or really dissappointed.. we will see

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Dec 27, 2003, 03:07 PM

I think everyone should forget about Omega until it's done, the less you think about it the sooner it will seem to finally arrive. If BBX posts a preview that would be cool, but you guys shouldn't count on it.
click one

Ozzpot
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2003, 05:12 PM

NetworkShadow is right. Leave Bill alone and put Omega to the back of your mind for the moment. Jeez, I'm as much of a GUI freak as anyone else, spend hours haunting Mac forums and haven't had a girlfriend for months, but even I have things to look forward to come new years other than a bloody OS X theme. Get some fresh air for God's sake.

If social interaction is too daunting, surely there's something else to obsess about.
Perhaps Clearasil are bringing out a new spot cream, or maybe there's a new dice-based RPG on the way. Oh the excitement.

At the very least, maybe you could start pestering JoE950 about his "Lord of the Rings" style themes he's making. I know they're not exactly the slick, dark futuristic style you may be after, but they're looking pretty damn cool.

Bill is making something very, very special for all of us, for free. Let's just let him get on with it and it will be here quicker than you think.

A watched pot never boils.
iMac G5 17" 2.0ghz 1.5gb RAM MacOS10.4 • iBook G4 14" 933mhz 768mb RAM MacOS10.4 • iPod Touch 16gb

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Dec 27, 2003, 05:33 PM

Originally posted by Ozzpot:
If social interaction is too daunting, surely there's something else to obsess about...Perhaps Clearasil are bringing out a new spot cream
ROTFL!

Ozzpot
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2003, 09:53 PM

I was wondering if Omega might be followed one day by "Alpha" - the ultimate light theme?

I know there are enough light themes already, but if Omega raises the bar as much as the hype surrounding would suggest, we may need a new light theme of equivalent quality.

Perhaps Bill will resurrect BBX Platinum? That was cool. It was a Kaleidoscope theme, icons, desktop pics, an Audion skin...

Maybe that's what that "Mirakaine" thing is about.

When, Bill, When?!?!

Joke!!
iMac G5 17" 2.0ghz 1.5gb RAM MacOS10.4 • iBook G4 14" 933mhz 768mb RAM MacOS10.4 • iPod Touch 16gb

phillryu
Mac Elite
Dec 27, 2003, 10:23 PM

BBX has mentioned "Utopia" before, which is a white plastic / black rubber theme I believe. Something he said would match my iBook well

Mike S.
Senior User
Dec 27, 2003, 11:31 PM

I thought it was Omega == Darth Vader and Utopia == Storm Trooper

phillryu
Mac Elite
Dec 27, 2003, 11:51 PM

And what is stormtrooper armor made out of?

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Dec 28, 2003, 12:30 AM

err....I made a booboo...

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Dec 28, 2003, 12:30 AM

For Bill, high density polycarbon mesh with a hypersleek 20mil overlay of blast proof casing.

For us, plastic.

And what is stormtrooper armor made out of?
( Last edited by digitaljames; Dec 28, 2003 at 01:06 AM. )

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Dec 28, 2003, 12:32 AM

Originally posted by digitaljames:
For Bill, high density polycarbon mesh with a hypersleek 20ml overlay of blast proof casing.

For us, plastic.

lol That's why we love him.
click one

fireside
Professional Poster
Dec 28, 2003, 12:49 AM

For Bill, high density polycarbon mesh with a hypersleek 20ml overlay of blast proof casing.

For us, plastic.

20 milliliters of casing? or do you mean 20 milimeters?

Beyonder
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 28, 2003, 01:02 AM

For us, plastic.

Priceless!!!! LOL!!!

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 28, 2003, 03:07 AM

Originally posted by CiN FuL:
i think come january 1st, either people are going to be really pissed off, really excited, or really dissappointed...
Not that I care either way

fireside
Professional Poster
Dec 28, 2003, 03:35 AM

stop lying bbx.

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 28, 2003, 03:48 AM

--- redundant post ---

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 28, 2003, 03:49 AM

Originally posted by NetworkShadow:
I think everyone should forget about Omega until it's done, the less you think about it the sooner it will seem to finally arrive. If BBX posts a preview that would be cool, but you guys shouldn't count on it.
Exactly. I originally wanted this thread to be a place to post progress updates, teasers and sneak peeks... but it's becoming a bit crazy. So unless I have something along those original lines to add I'm probably going to be scarce for a while. Again, my apologies for the delays to those who feel they deserve them - my thanks to those who are just chillin' and letting this bird slow-cook. I really did underestimate the amount of madness a heads-up on this would generate (and I certainly didn't forsee the delays) - to top it off the pressure is quickly spoiling my enthusiasm - so I'm outa' here for the time-being.

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 28, 2003, 03:54 AM

stop lying bbx.
No it's true - I've been on a huge downer lately because I've been so worried that it won't live up to everyone's expectations... so I'm just going to ignore all that and finish it up in isolation (from opinions and expectations)... if I don't I'll go insane, that's all there is to it

Cerbero
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 28, 2003, 08:07 AM

Originally posted by bbxstudio:
No it's true - I've been on a huge downer lately because I've been so worried that it won't live up to everyone's expectations... so I'm just going to ignore all that and finish it up in isolation (from opinions and expectations)... if I don't I'll go insane, that's all there is to it
Good for you. There are some crazy people in this thread
Take all the time you need, I'm sure the result will be worth the wait.

kovacs
Mac Elite
Dec 28, 2003, 09:42 AM

BBX I'm chillin'

It's free so I don't think people have the right to call you a liar, you could have handled this release a little bit better though...

ArcticBear
Dec 28, 2003, 02:10 PM

Wow, I made it to the end of this thread!

Hope the work is coming along nicely on Omega. /encouragement

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Dec 28, 2003, 02:12 PM

Originally posted by kovacs:
BBX I'm chillin'

It's free so I don't think people have the right to call you a liar, you could have handled this release a little bit better though...
I agree it's absurd that anyone should feel BBX owes them anything. We'll eventually get the best OS X theme ever made, for free too! Let the guy work his graphic magic, when it's done if it's everything you hoped for, send him some money to thank him for all his many hours spent making it for you. So until then, just watch this topic for new updates from BBX, and keep cool. I am one of the biggest BBX theme fans around, and I'm keeping my cool.
click one

pup
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 28, 2003, 02:24 PM

Ya'll should be ashamed, calling BBX names, and bugging him about stuff. If you are in so big of a hurry for this, why don't you download Theme Park and make your own. Leave the guy alone, and let him do his work, his way, on his time. If it were up to me, I'd lock this thread until everything was ready, and reopen it with the ann.

But I guess those who need to whine and b�tch, have to.

codywalton
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 28, 2003, 04:08 PM

Hey BBX, take your time and finish it off to make it the most kick ass theme ever. I'd rather wait for that than get a rushed less than perfect version.

I think why people are getting so upset is that you gave them a timeframe of it being out before christmas. Well that's come and gone and Omega is not out. It's just frustrating. What you should have done, and should do from now on, is develop it in secret. Don't tell anyone, then just release it without a lot of fanfare. Like Max did with Aluminum Alloy.

Keep up the good work. Hope it gets released soon.

Anderton
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 29, 2003, 02:40 PM

Originally posted by christianclark:
Well ....f**k off then. BBX Omega supposed to be out by now. It is Christmas Eve and I have waited a few months for BBX Omega to come out. To Hell to ShapeShifter. To Hell to William. To Hell to BBX Omega. I am not going to waste my time & money on stupid college kid's project. I was going to buy ShapeShifter but I will never use ShapeShifter or BBX Omega. You are such a team of liars!

Christian
LOL. Serious. Christian, do your self a favour. Get a life�

The theme will come out when it's done. Nuff said.

MacDog
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 30, 2003, 12:30 PM

hehehehehe...

My commentary on the long wait for Omega!

Just trying to lighten the mood!

kovacs
Mac Elite
Dec 30, 2003, 12:36 PM

Originally posted by MacDog:
hehehehehe...

My commentary on the long wait for Omega!

Just trying to lighten the mood!

fireside
Professional Poster
Dec 31, 2003, 08:21 PM

so you're going to give out the omega preview at 12:01am, right? like a real man?

Frisbee
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 31, 2003, 08:40 PM

so you're going to give out the omega preview at 12:01am, right? like a real man?
He better...

Hobeaux
Dec 31, 2003, 08:48 PM

Originally posted by bbxstudio:

cheer up, i'm sure it'll be spiffy.
damn straight--or on the rocks, i'm not picky.

Ozzpot
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 31, 2003, 09:03 PM

Hey stop pressuring Bill. It's almost bullying now, that's why he got upset and left us.

He knows as well as us that his theme is going to be amazing, but he's worried that all this hype is going to lessen the impact when it is finally released. Just be patient, try to forget about it for the moment. It will be with us soon. Let's leave Bill alone for the moment.

phillryu
Mac Elite
Dec 31, 2003, 10:03 PM

I am going to give out the preview tomorrow, at midnight somewhere (which could be California) but expect this sneak peak within the next few hours. Meanwhile, you can watch the glowing box.

http://www.macthemes.net/

div
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 31, 2003, 10:15 PM

Meanwhile, you can watch the glowing box.
Finally, a good use for Flash�.
;)

I look forward to seeing what's in the box.

\ lata
\ div

Forum Links
Forum Rules