Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I've got questions, they've got a sales pitch.

I've got questions, they've got a sales pitch.
namannik
Senior User
Dec 7, 2002, 10:35 PM

Actually I didn't even have any questions. I knew exactly what I wanted when I walked into my local Radio Shack, and even told that to the employee who asked me if I need help finding anything. But he didn't listen, and he wouldn't leave me alone. The more I go there, the more I hat that place. Too bad it's like the only place to get electronic components.

mchladek
Mac Elite
Dec 7, 2002, 10:45 PM

Yeah, I worked at a Radioshack for a summer. It's not a fun place to work at either. Salespersons are paid on commission (which is why they always hassle you), and everyone I worked with was extremely greedy and cutthroat about getting sales. It was a very unpleasant place. I try to avoid it as much as possible.

Lerkfish
Dec 7, 2002, 11:16 PM

I once bought batteries there and they wouldn't sell them to me without getting my home address and phone number. I refused. I mean c'mon....batteries!

namannik  (op)
Senior User
Dec 7, 2002, 11:23 PM

Originally posted by Lerkfish:
I once bought batteries there and they wouldn't sell them to me without getting my home address and phone number. I refused. I mean c'mon....batteries!
To their credit, they've recently stopped asking for that for every purcahse. (Maybe there's a minimum total purchase amount required for them to ask now. I don't know)

Now, if they just weren't paid on freakin' commission.

mchladek
Mac Elite
Dec 7, 2002, 11:43 PM

Originally posted by Lerkfish:
Haha! Oh yes! I remember that. Employees' records show the percentage of customers they get the names/addresses of. If it falls below a certain percentage you get a pretty big lecture from your manager and his bosses (think of as the TPS reports in Office Space ). Radioshack has to get as many addresses as possible so they can send out even more junk mail

PorscheBunny
Mac Elite
Dec 8, 2002, 04:25 AM

Give them Admiral Poindexter's name, address , and phone number.

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...hreadid=134934

� or the SPAM king's, if it's still there.

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...hreadid=135062

� or name "Radio Shack" and address of the store. They didn't think it was funny when I did that back in 1994, until I threatened to not buy the $400 word processor that I was buying, then they got the joke.
*LADIES AND GENTLEMEN: THE BITCH HAS LEFT TEH BUILDING*

Forum Links
Forum Rules