Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > iChat AV fix needed really bad.

iChat AV fix needed really bad.
Zitax
Forum Regular
Feb 19, 2004, 08:52 PM

How doeas an iMac G3 400 Mhz can receive a videoconference invitation ?
Just receive it to see, not 2 ways. when it's received the message is this comp doesnt support videoconference, anyone can help me with a fix ?
Thx in advance.

Developer
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 19, 2004, 09:12 PM

Your Mac doesn't fulfill the minimum requirements for video chat (with iChatAV).

There is some shareware that hacks the check for these minimum requirements out of iChat, but it's a hack so it might not work correctly or break things, and you might have no fun video chatting anyway on your Mac.
Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side: "Hey! how do I get across?" "You are across!" Nasrudin shouted back.

Zitax  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 19, 2004, 09:24 PM

Originally posted by Developer:
Your Mac doesn't fulfill the minimum requirements for video chat (with iChatAV).

There is some shareware that hacks the check for these minimum requirements out of iChat, but it's a hack so it might not work correctly or break things, and you might have no fun video chatting anyway on your Mac.
Thx for the link, I will see how that works.

JellyBeen
Senior User
Feb 19, 2004, 10:54 PM

Originally posted by Developer:

Works perfectly here. Just make sure you quit everything thats running. Including the finder.
20"iMac intel 2.66 Duo: 4GB RAM : OS 10.6.6

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Feb 19, 2004, 10:57 PM

Originally posted by JellyBeen:
Including the finder.
?

ryju
Professional Poster
Feb 20, 2004, 08:32 AM

Originally posted by JellyBeen:
Works perfectly here. Just make sure you quit everything thats running. Including the finder.
I usually have a few things running (including the Finder) when I'm in a video conference. No problems, ofcourse not as good as say a new Mac.

iMac G3 400MHz, 1GB RAM.

Forum Links
Forum Rules