Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > TiBook backlighting not working!!

TiBook backlighting not working!!
himself
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2002, 09:43 PM

I've seen a thread on this issue about a month ago, but I can't find anything on it via search... maybe someone can point me to the right thread or help to resolve the prob all together.

The subject line says it all. My Tibook starts up fine, but the backlighting refuse to work. I can see (faintly) everything on the screen, but nothing I do can revive backlighting... fidgeting w/ brightness controls, reset button, blasting the pram, and no issues with the Hardware test CD. It might even flash (very quickly) on startup, but not always. I've got a feeling that I should just send it back to apple (it's just over a month old, so warranty is fine), but I was hoping someone could provide a fix that doesn't involve sending it away for however long it takes... TIA
"Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows... how can you guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 10, 2002, 11:01 PM

Since it's flashing on startup, your LCD is perfectly fine. The inverter board is at fault.

himself  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2002, 01:33 AM

Originally posted by seanyepez:
<STRONG>Since it's flashing on startup, your LCD is perfectly fine. The inverter board is at fault.</STRONG>
Actually, It doesn't even flash anymore... It's funny because it worked fine when I attached an external display for an extended desktop... then when I went to use the 'book without external monitor, no backlight. I have the external monitor attached again, but still no backlight. Well, off to Apple Repair you go...
"Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows... how can you guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton

Forum Links
Forum Rules