Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Neo-Progressivism is a cancer within our society

Neo-Progressivism is a cancer within our society (Page 12)
BadKosh
Professional Poster
Dec 10, 2015, 06:15 PM

How did this get from a discussion about neo-progressivism/progressives to another OAW racist one?

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 10, 2015, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
That's because there's nothing to address. The entire point is that you often make claims that a lot of people around here ... certainly not just me ... eventually begin to question.
Yeah, just ignore what I said pumpkin, it's better that way.

I suppose people are just supposed to be OK with this. "Free speech" and all that. The Citadel Minority Alumni association must just be "whining" when they called it out ....
I don't care what you, or anyone else, reads into that, it's not their intent to look like the Klan, unless you're going to say that anyone who has ever dressed as a ghost with a bedsheet is trying to be racist. I'd advise you, and others who have decided to get offended, to get the **** over it.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 10, 2015, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
How did this get from a discussion about neo-progressivism/progressives to another OAW racist one?
It's really all he thinks about. (Yet, somehow we're the racist ones.)

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 10, 2015, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Yeah, just ignore what I said pumpkin, it's better that way.
I'm not the one ignoring the point. Quite obviously. But you do you.

I don't care what you, or anyone else, reads into that, it's not their intent to look like the Klan, unless you're going to say that anyone who has ever dressed as a ghost with a bedsheet is trying to be racist. I'd advise you, and others who have decided to get offended, to get the **** over it.
Of course you don't.

OAW

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 10, 2015, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Oh so NOWHERE in this thread has the topic of racism on college campuses come up? And those of you and CTP's mindset sought to dismiss it out of hand? I'm just pulling this topic out of my ass JUST NOW? Really! The two of you haven't had all kinds of sh*t to say about any and everything minorities have had to say about their experiences on predominantly white campuses? Shall I show and prove? Not that I expect either of you to acknowledge proof in black and white because you are both quite predictable like that. But for the sake of those who are casually following the thread ... do you really want to challenge me on this? Or just keep it moving? Your choice.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Dec 10, 2015 at 11:21 PM. )

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 11, 2015, 02:01 AM

Oh so NOWHERE in this thread has the topic of racism on college campuses come up? And those of you and CTP's mindset sought to dismiss it out of hand? I'm just pulling this topic out of my ass JUST NOW? Really! The two of you haven't had all kinds of sh*t to say about any and everything minorities have had to say about their experiences on predominantly white campuses? Shall I show and prove? Not that I expect either of you to acknowledge proof in black and white because you are both quite predictable like that. But for the sake of those who are casually following the thread ... do you really want to challenge me on this? Or just keep it moving? Your choice.
Challenge you? Challenge? You? You? Go stir your racism and outrage elsewhere. If you think most of society isn't sick of that shit (and the whining going along w/ it), you're grossly mistaken.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Dec 11, 2015, 06:53 AM

Don't sheet-based ghost costumes usually come well below the neck?
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Dec 11, 2015, 08:32 AM

OAW
YOU are a "Johnny ONE NOTE" where all you do is thrash about your race. Get over it. Grow Up. There are lots of more productive thing you might be able to think about. The only way it comes up is YOU bringing it up every chance you get. Its beyond tiresome at this point. Perhaps this is ALL you have to offer? Pathetic.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 11, 2015, 02:11 PM

Challenge you? Challenge? You? You? Go stir your racism and outrage elsewhere. If you think most of society isn't sick of that shit (and the whining going along w/ it), you're grossly mistaken.
For the record, I didn't even comment in this sorry ass thread of yours until YOU made this post:

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants
I'm speechless. So you thought that the removal of Confederate symbols and statues would be the end of it? Oh no, not by a long shot.

Students demand Thomas Jefferson statue removed from university, call him 'racist rapist' - The College Fix

Welcome to the Progressive States of America.
So let's be clear here ....
  1. YOU introduced the topic of "racism on campus". At the University of Missouri which is in my neck of the woods at that!
  2. YOU were the "whining" about an African-American grad student having the unmitigated gall to have a problem with a Thomas Jefferson statue on the Mizzou campus when the man kept slaves.
  3. My very first post in this thread was in response to YOU dumbass.

And so we went back and forth on the entire Thomas Jefferson tangent. But wait it gets worse! Then you got your panties all in a wad about the situation at Yale ....

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants
The New Intolerance of Student Activism

It's time to run the intolerant, anti-free speech, cultural Marxists out of our colleges. Enough is enough.
And again I responded to YOU because you were all angry that black students weren't cool with dumb sh*t like this on campus at Halloween parties ...

You even broke out the emoticon and everything! I mean it's right there in black and white. YOU initiated this topic of discussion. But true to form you and others continue to demonstrate that reading comprehension and following the sequence of events isn't really your strong suit when stupid sh*t gets posted like this:

Originally Posted by BadKosh
YOU are a "Johnny ONE NOTE" where all you do is thrash about your race. Get over it. Grow Up. There are lots of more productive thing you might be able to think about. The only way it comes up is YOU bringing it up every chance you get. Its beyond tiresome at this point. Perhaps this is ALL you have to offer? Pathetic.
Naturally, the only way one can twist their lips to say something so demonstrably false is to overlook your post I cited above and their own comments ....

Originally Posted by OAW
I'm waiting for Rev. Wright , Rev. Sharpton and Van Jones to be investigated for racial hate speech. Hypocrites.
Selective reading again OAW? Double standard much, or perhaps you don't think they are racists spewing hate?
If any of these individuals were even remotely involved in the situation at hand then this might warrant comment. Since they don't I view it as mere deflection. At best.

OAW
So even though BadKosh baited me twice ... I let it go because his "Libs ad Dems!" caliber of right-wing bumper sticker commentary doesn't generally warrant a response. It was only when he decided to up the ante with this ....

Typical. compartmentalisation.

Its a bigger thing than you realize.

The problem is the black 'Culture' not race. My best friends include folks from the west indies, and friends who were black, but high income, so they were also denigrated. The "average to lower IQ blacks" are really the issue as they follow liberal BS, and indoctrination, and have become WORTHLESS in the job market.
... that I even engaged him in any sort of substantive manner. Again ... in RESPONSE to where he took the discussion. But of course, in the delusional minds of CTP and BadKosh ... OAW is the one who introduced issues of race into this thread. Documented proof to the contrary otherwise.

In any event, let me be clear on this note for both CTP and BadKosh. You can call me whatever you want. But I'll talk about whatever the hell I want to talk about around here. If you don't like it then there's an Ignore button at your disposal. But do please stop whining like a little b*tch. It's embarrassing.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Dec 11, 2015 at 02:34 PM. )

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 11, 2015, 03:58 PM

Racism!
Yeeeeah. Yet again you demonstrate how you can't see beyond your race agenda. How you need all things to pivot around race issues in the country. I agree, there's a very serious problem, and it's you (and people like you), who see something, automatically take offense, and then push to limit the freedoms of others based solely on your delicate sensibilities. Oh noes! That Halloween costume (seriously, a Halloween costume?) hurts my fee-fees! That statue (of someone who lived centuries ago) is of a founding father who was associated with slavery! (Something no blacks in this country have ever experienced.) Halloween costumes and long-dead presidents of an entirely different era? Gosh, those poor little cherubs, how will they ever survive in their educationally diverse Ivy League schools?

So, you think you're oppressed, while you sit in your comfortable chair, typing on your expensive computer, communicating via a system that allows you to connect with virtually anyone in the world, while waiting for the clock to reach 5pm so you can get started on your restful and leisurely weekend in the wealthiest nation in the world... I get it. You'll continue feeling the scourge of oppression until everyone thinks, behaves, and desires what you want, in the way you want, and it had better be right now, or else. "All we have to lose is our chains!" said the very wealthy, hyper-privileged son of a Fortune 500 executive. What a terrible burden.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present you OAW, representative of the Regressive Collective. Conform or be mobbed by cry bullies, the tyranny of the vocal minority. (and whiny man-child of ultimate privilege.)

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Dec 11, 2015, 08:07 PM

OAW, you STILL display your low IQ racist BS, and just can't get past it. It proves my point. I think you are not as wonderful as you assume you are, but are a typical black racist who can't get past the racist part of your identity. You sure don't post anything but crap to show your side, however full of BS and ignorance you want to display. You prove the premise that blacks are inferior,and see everything as stereotypes as racist as they are and can't get past it. you are pathetic.

ghporter
Administrator
Dec 11, 2015, 09:46 PM

And we're done.

This is why we can't have nice discussions. People stop discussing and start calling names. So no more.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules