Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Question to Canadians PB owners

Question to Canadians PB owners
jgcan
Forum Regular
Oct 4, 2003, 06:26 PM

Hi, I want to switch to a 17" PB and I was wondering about delivery delays. If I go on the Canadian Apple Web store, it says 3-5 business days to ship, is it accurate or will I have to wait longer (shorter)?

Are the ADC student orders shipped faster or slower (I know you need to order elsewhere than that website ...)?

Thanks for any info or experience.

Bonhomme7heures
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 4, 2003, 07:25 PM

Originally posted by jgcan:
Hi, I want to switch to a 17" PB and I was wondering about delivery delays.
Hi,

I ordered my 15" from a computer store that's on campus. I did the official order on the 6/10 and couldn't get a delivery date. I'm sort of number x out of 100. I hope it will arrive before the end of the month!!!

I don't mind waiting since it will be my first MAC.

stotan
Oct 4, 2003, 08:22 PM

Hi, I want to switch to a 17" PB and I was wondering about delivery delays. If I go on the Canadian Apple Web store, it says 3-5 business days to ship, is it accurate or will I have to wait longer (shorter)?

Are the ADC student orders shipped faster or slower (I know you need to order elsewhere than that website ...)?

Thanks for any info or experience.
I'd say the ADC student orders are probably shipped slower, cuz i've ordered one and its not here yet!

You have to order through apple's distributor (EMJ data systems) and it took them a week after apple released the new powerbooks before they updated the pricelist. I ordered one right after they upgraded the list (about 2 weeks ago). The guy from EMJ told me the warehouse in vancouver has not received any powerbooks yet, but the first one that comes in will be shipped to me. I'm pretty sure they have a warehouse somewhere in ontario, so if you order through EMJ on your ADC membership, you might have more luck. My guess is if you havent seen any of the apple resellers (like westworld) with the new powerbooks in their stores, EMJ hasnt received any from apple, since all resellers in canada has to purchase them from EMJ

jgcan  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 5, 2003, 07:48 AM

Well, doesn't look good but ...

I think I will order from the ADC Canadian Hardware purchase website that will be ready on Oct. 15th, maybe I will get more luck there since it will be like ordering from the Apple online store. Still no one that can tell me if the delay from the webstore is really 3-5 business days as they say when you order?

Bonhomme7heures, merci et bonne journ�e. J'�sp�re qu'on va appr�cier notre changement de M$ � Apple ...
( Last edited by jgcan; Oct 5, 2003 at 09:42 AM. )

fuddman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 5, 2003, 03:13 PM

I placed an order last sunday for a Al 15' 1.25ghz and just got a an email saying that they shipped the machine already.. So it was 7 days for them.. and they told me that it will ship on or before 10/10 so thats pretty good... I CANT WAIT FOR IT! hopfully I dont get any wierd spots... oh, I live in Toronto.

jgcan  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 5, 2003, 06:59 PM

Well it is what I thought it was, faster on their website, so I will order on the developer online store ... Thanks again all of you. BTW I am from Montreal.

bobette
Mac Elite
Oct 5, 2003, 07:11 PM

Well it is what I thought it was, faster on their website, so I will order on the developer online store ... Thanks again all of you. BTW I am from Montreal.
Hey moi avec! I ordered mine (AL15 1,25 superdrive) right after they updated the price list at the UdeM coop store (09-16). Mine has the french canadian kb which certainly will slow things down, c-o-n-s-i-d-e-r-a-b-l-y.....

Orders on the apple canada store give a 4-6 week delay for my baby. That's what the usual delay is like when I order new products with the french kb.

Oh well... faut prendre son mal en patience man!

J'ai command�le ipod 20Go avec pis pas de news...
this lounge is a poor substitute to the bbq.

jgcan  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 5, 2003, 07:45 PM

Originally posted by bobette:
Hey moi avec! I ordered mine (AL15 1,25 superdrive) right after they updated the price list at the UdeM coop store (09-16). Mine has the french canadian kb which certainly will slow things down, c-o-n-s-i-d-e-r-a-b-l-y.....

Orders on the apple canada store give a 4-6 week delay for my baby. That's what the usual delay is like when I order new products with the french kb.

Oh well... faut prendre son mal en patience man!

J'ai command�le ipod 20Go avec pis pas de news...
Merci bobette, since it will be my first Mac, I did not know if I should order with the french can keyboard, if I don't is it the same as with a PC, I mean you just choose french can in the OS and the keys act like on a french keyboard (even though it would not be written "�" etc ...)? Should I get the french kb and wait longer?

babajazz
Forum Regular
Oct 5, 2003, 07:55 PM

ordered the 15 inch on 09/27, got an emil from apple saying it would ship on 10/12...
just checked the site, it shipped today and sitting with fedex in taiwan. I should have it in the next 4 days. Looking forward to it.

babajazz
Forum Regular
Oct 5, 2003, 07:57 PM

no! dont get the french keyboard. Think about the possibity of wanting to sell your laptop to an ontario resident in the future! (just something to consider)...getting the american keyboard will also make sure you hold your beautiful mac much much sooner!
cheers

acadian
Senior User
Oct 5, 2003, 08:24 PM

Si vous �tes Fran�ais, achetez le clavier Fran�ais.
people ruin everything....

jgcan  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 5, 2003, 08:24 PM

Originally posted by babajazz:
no! dont get the french keyboard. Think about the possibity of wanting to sell your laptop to an ontario resident in the future! (just something to consider)...getting the american keyboard will also make sure you hold your beautiful mac much much sooner!
cheers
Well, even though I thought about it this way too, I have as much chances to sell it to another french canadian (that could well prefer a french kb, why is it good for us to work with an english kb and the reverse is impossible for english speaking people?) considering I live in Quebec ... but I get the point.

But my question was really, is it more a pain to work in french on an english Mac kb than on a PC kb for any mysterious reason I would not be aware of? I would only get the english kb to shorten the delay.

bobette
Mac Elite
Oct 6, 2003, 12:21 AM

Merci bobette, since it will be my first Mac, I did not know if I should order with the french can keyboard, if I don't is it the same as with a PC, I mean you just choose french can in the OS and the keys act like on a french keyboard (even though it would not be written "�" etc ...)? Should I get the french kb and wait longer?
J'vais te dire, ca fait longtemps que j'pitonne (des �tudes jusqu'� ma job actuelle) pis si ce n'est que pour �crire en francais des mails sans chercher l'ostie de c c�dille etc, ca vaut la peine d'attendre, cr� mo�!

Les touches sont reconnues, comme sur pc, mais c'est gossant pareil. Pis crois moi ca me torture d'avoir a attendre, mais ca vaut vraiment la peine, et ca doit etre mon 10eme mac...

Salut! Y fait frette!

bobette
Mac Elite
Oct 6, 2003, 12:24 AM

Originally posted by babajazz:
cheers
like no french canadians'll buy it!? LOL

Dude, we're more than a few hundred ya know?

french kb is well worth the wait.

BESIDES: since ours are built after the first rush batch (with all the snaffus and the white spotted displays and all that sh!t) we usually end up with perfect products from a well oiled manufacturing process.

It's true! C'est vrai en crisse a part de d'ca!

bobette
Mac Elite
Oct 6, 2003, 12:26 AM

Double post ! Aargh!

Bonhomme7heures
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 6, 2003, 12:39 AM

Double post ! Aargh!

Salut Bobette,

moi aussi je l'ai command� chez micro 2200. J'ai aucune id�e quand je vais recevoir mon 15".

En attendant, j'ai pens� placer mon argent. Quand l'ordi va finalement arriver, j'aurai asser d'argent pour le 17".

Bonne chance!

bobette
Mac Elite
Oct 6, 2003, 01:13 AM

Originally posted by Bonhomme7heures:
Salut Bobette,

moi aussi je l'ai command� chez micro 2200. J'ai aucune id�e quand je vais recevoir mon 15".

En attendant, j'ai pens� placer mon argent. Quand l'ordi va finalement arriver, j'aurai asser d'argent pour le 17".

Bonne chance!
ostie le 17"... drooll....

Quelle date t'as sur ta confirmation de commande?

Si je me fie aux exp�riences du pass� (1, quadra, 2 imacs, 1 ibook et 2 powerbooks achet�s l�)�� prend en g�n�ral 4-6 semaines avant que �� rentre. Faut pas �tre press�!

Mais c'est pas la faute du gars, c'est Apple qui fournit pas... Je dis �� parce que d'innombrables fois j'ai vu des osties de gnochons (souvent des ptits profs a la con) blaster le staff de M2200, vraiment pas cool...

Si t'es dans la premi�re batch de commandes (j'crois qu'ils en recoivent une 30taine de la shot) tu devrais recevoir le tien 4-6 semaines apr�s ta commande (ce qui veut dire dans 2-3 semaines, peut-etre avant mais ca serait �tonnant). On me disait qu'un lab a l'udeM a d�j� command� une batch de 10 (les osties )

Sinon les batches successives sont aux semaines suivantes. (livr�es le vendredi si c'est comme dans le temps).

Hey on devrait se partir un thread francophone! Les autres doivent penser qu'on leur parle dans le dos!

Bonhomme7heures
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 6, 2003, 07:32 PM

ostie le 17"... drooll....

Quelle date t'as sur ta confirmation de commande?
Ce qui est arriv�, c'est que j'ai command� le 12" avec graveur DVD le 17 septembre. Et apr�s y avoir pens�, j'ai opt� pour le 15" sans le graveur DVD par la suite. J'ai donc refait ma commande le 6 octobre... Donc, je vais le recevoir plus tard...

Mais c'est pas la faute du gars, c'est Apple qui fournit pas... Je dis �� parce que d'innombrables fois j'ai vu des osties de gnochons (souvent des ptits profs a la con) blaster le staff de M2200, vraiment pas cool...

Je sais, ils sont vraiment cool les gars au comptoir. J'�tudie � l'UdeM depuis 3 ans et je n'ai rien achet� d'informatique ailleurs depuis. En plus, ils �taient vraiment correcte avec moi quand j'ai chang� ma commande, m'expliquant qu'ils sont s�r de le vendre � quelqu'un d'autre. (m�me s'il �tait pas arriv�)

Hey on devrait se partir un thread francophone! Les autres doivent penser qu'on leur parle dans le dos!
Bof, j'y tiens pas particuli�rement mais sachant que je suis pas tout seul � communiquer en fran�ais, �a m'rend moi seul.

J'suis s�r qu'ils sont tous sur babelfish pour tenter de d�coder notre merveilleuse langue!

bobette
Mac Elite
Oct 6, 2003, 07:54 PM

Originally posted by Bonhomme7heures:

J'suis s�r qu'ils sont tous sur babelfish pour tenter de d�coder notre merveilleuse langue!
Whoa boy! qu'ils essaient de d�coder ca cimonaque, y vont en varger une shotte!

Forum Links
Forum Rules