Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Canadian best sleeve / case for Al15"

Canadian best sleeve / case for Al15"
fnabki
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 23, 2003, 11:43 AM

Hi all,
A bit of an introduction first,
I am a Canadian guy who got his Powerbook AL15� about a month ago after waiting about 2 months to make the jump from the PC world (used to be an Amiga user). With my luck, I had to get spots on my screen like some of you here and then get a new (still defective screen) and then now hopefully will get a workable screen.

This is besides the point as what I need to know is what is the best of the best (available direct to Canada) sleeve or case I could get for the AL15". I know this was a tread on this but it stated mainly US only products (only available in the US I mean).

Let me know what you guys use, because right now I am using a real bad (too tight--spots cause?) CaseLogic sleeve.

Thanks!

Bonhomme7heures
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 23, 2003, 12:15 PM

I'm in the same situation as fnabki. I'm getting my 15" next week and I'm looking for a sleeve that won't get lost crossing the border.

And if somebody on this forum ordered something from Marware to be delivered in Canada, give me some impressions on the service.

www.marware.com/Overview_N_Laptop.html

stotan
Oct 23, 2003, 07:53 PM

Originally posted by Bonhomme7heures:
I'm in the same situation as fnabki. I'm getting my 15" next week and I'm looking for a sleeve that won't get lost crossing the border.

And if somebody on this forum ordered something from Marware to be delivered in Canada, give me some impressions on the service.

www.marware.com/Overview_N_Laptop.html
www.storeos.com sells marware and crumpler products. It doesnt show that they have the marware sleeves, but you can probably email the guy and ask. I think its a one guy store, but I ordered a crumpler bag and memory and got great service. He's based out of oakville, ON, so if he can get the sleeves, you won't have to deal with the who customs/brokerage fees of shipping directly from the states

jasonwood
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 27, 2003, 12:15 AM

Originally posted by stotan:
www.storeos.com sells marware and crumpler products. It doesnt show that they have the marware sleeves, but you can probably email the guy and ask. I think its a one guy store, but I ordered a crumpler bag and memory and got great service. He's based out of oakville, ON, so if he can get the sleeves, you won't have to deal with the who customs/brokerage fees of shipping directly from the states
Hi guys!

Jason here from Store OS... Thank you for your positive comments! Yes, I am a one man show, for now.

Since I started selling Crumpler products less than 3 weeks ago, I've been getting requests for all the various laptop bags, camera bags, shoulder bags, and pouches, so I set up a new area of my web site dedicated to Crumpler products. You can reach it by going to http://www.crumplercanada.com/

I now keep nearly every laptop bag in stock, and I'm increasing stock availability every 2-3 weeks.

I used to be a big fan of sleaves like the Marware Sportfolio's, but when I got my first Wack-O-Phone, all that changed. Despite being much bigger than the Marware Sleave, it has a much better shoulder strap design, and more comfortable backing, so it actually feels much lighter. At the same time, I'm getting much better protection for my PowerBook (the Marware case will not help much if you drop it), plus I can put way more in the bag when I need to.

I have removed the Marware bags from the web site, but you can still find them through the search engine. I can also get most other brands of bags, you just have to ask. Since trying the Crumpler bags, I know I wouldn't go with anything else!
--
Jason Wood
StoreOS.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules