Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Running Restrospect Desktop 5.1.175 on Panther

Running Restrospect Desktop 5.1.175 on Panther
barrysharp
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2003, 12:19 PM

Can anyone confirm if the Retrospect Desktop App runs without problems under Panther ?

I'm using Retro 5.1.175 to backup three Macs. My iMac DV/400MHz is the server machine and my wife's iBook 2USB and my Ti Powerbook 1GHz are clients.

I plan to upgrade the iMac with Panther and run it there for a few days to ensure no problems etc. I will not do a clean install so that my apps don't have to re-installed.

Any advice on the above would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards... Barry Sharp

CatOne
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2003, 01:43 PM

Originally posted by barrysharp:
Can anyone confirm if the Retrospect Desktop App runs without problems under Panther ?

I'm using Retro 5.1.175 to backup three Macs. My iMac DV/400MHz is the server machine and my wife's iBook 2USB and my Ti Powerbook 1GHz are clients.

I plan to upgrade the iMac with Panther and run it there for a few days to ensure no problems etc. I will not do a clean install so that my apps don't have to re-installed.

Any advice on the above would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards... Barry Sharp
I successfully made a backup with 5.1.167 on Panther a couple days ago. Didn't try to restore, but it seemed to work fine.

barrysharp  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2003, 01:55 PM

CatOne -- thanks for your feedback.

BTW did you have to tweak anything Retro related to get success, or did you simply run a stock backup as done pre-Panther ?

CatOne
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2003, 03:00 PM

Originally posted by barrysharp:
CatOne -- thanks for your feedback.

BTW did you have to tweak anything Retro related to get success, or did you simply run a stock backup as done pre-Panther ?
Competely stock -- did an immediate backup.

Actually I did it to a remote server over AFP, not to any local disk. But it worked fine. Slow (about 45 minutes to backup 2.5 GB over the network), but worked fine.

Biggerfoot
Forum Regular
Oct 25, 2003, 10:29 AM

Has anyone tried Retrospect 5.0 and 10.3 yet?

Forum Links
Forum Rules