Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Carrying Cases

Carrying Cases
EFFENDI
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2006, 06:18 PM

I'm trying to find a case for a Apple Keyboard - the kind you type on *(not a musiciancs keyboard) and a case or protective cover for a 17" LCD flat panel monitor.

I am trying to put together a mobile setup for my Mac mini (for use in long hotel stays) since I am not yet ready to jump to a notebook. I know, I know, "just sell it and get an iBook" .......
( Last edited by EFFENDI; Oct 19, 2006 at 07:21 PM. )
iMac G4 15" 800/512MB/60GB
iMac G5 20" 1.8/768MB/160GB
Mac Mini Core Duo 1.66/2GB/80GB
Mac Pro 2.66/X1900/3GB/3TB /Apple 23" Cinema HD Display

RogueSqdn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 19, 2006, 06:56 PM

You COULD get a MacBook and the mini-DVI to DVI connector, and use the keyboard, mouse, and LCD with the MacBook's lid closed while at home, and the MacBook itself (along with the mouse maybe) on the road.

At home I have the MacBook's lid closed and am using it with the Bluetooth Apple Keyboard and Bluetooth Mighty Mouse. The mini-DVI adapter is hooked up to my Dell 2001FP 20.1" LCD that does 1600x1200. (The LCD is what I used on my WinXP desktop, but as of tomrorow I'm dropping Windows and PC gaming altogether and getting an Xbox 360).
Rogue
-------

MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo w/2GB DDR2 RAM & Logitech BT MX1000.
"I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, makes you stronger!" -- Emperor Palpatine, Revenge of the Sith

EFFENDI  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2006, 07:18 PM

w00t for ditching the PC - I keep saying that if the only reason you (plural) are keeping your PC around is for games, then get a console.

I don't want to invest in a notebook right now, so getting a notebook is NOT an option unless someone buys my mini and LCD.

I've found a case for the Mini itself, but haven't found anything remotely close to a LCD or keyboard case. A large backpack isn't an option, because I just don't want things flying around inside of one. My portable setup isn't for gaming, however, do anyof you LAN Partyers have any ideas?
iMac G4 15" 800/512MB/60GB
iMac G5 20" 1.8/768MB/160GB
Mac Mini Core Duo 1.66/2GB/80GB
Mac Pro 2.66/X1900/3GB/3TB /Apple 23" Cinema HD Display

Forum Links
Forum Rules