Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > UPDATE: TOTAL US AIRTRAFFIC SHUT DOWN, incedents at trade center and Washington

UPDATE: TOTAL US AIRTRAFFIC SHUT DOWN, incedents at trade center and Washington (Page 5)
Demonhood
Administrator
Sep 11, 2001, 08:18 PM

I think this image (courtesy of latimes.com, msnbc.com, etc..) sums it up pretty well:

I just feel so........powerless.

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2001, 08:19 PM

According to the animations on TV, it appears that the 2nd plane flew right over my house.

I found that extremely disturbing, and haunting. I will most likely be up all night as I don't think it is possible being able to sleep after a day like today.

My father came home about an hour ago.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 11, 2001, 08:41 PM

edddeduck, like Ice said, I believe you misunderstood what I had wrote. I am heart broken by the loss of life suffered today. And I am mad. I am pissed that anyone would dare to do this, here, or anywhere else.

As for "Miami", how dare you presume to imply that we have no right to be proud to be Americans? You don't know me from Adam, but you won't hesitate to stereotype me. Typical. I wasn't born in this country, and yet I gladly served, in combat, as a U.S. Marine. And I don't want to see terrorism anywhere, here or abroad. If this attack had been in your country, I sure has hell wouldn't begrudge you the right to be hurt, shocked, angry and proud of your country. If you knew me, you would know that I by no means feel America is always right. I think we are wrong quite often. That doesn't give these cowards (and they are cowards, make no mistake about it. Only a coward would take innocent civilians, and use them as a weapon against other innocent civilians. The only brave thing they did was face death. And that still doesn't make them brave.) the right to inflict this horror on the people of this country. Yes, I want retribution. I want it fast and I want it to send a message. I want EVERY terrorist group to know that if they insist in hurting the innocent, that there will be a steep cost to pay. And yes, I want every nation in the world to do this. If you are a terrorist, your going to get your throat cut.

I lived almost half my life in Belfast, so I know a little bit about terrorism, more up close and personally than anyone should. I may not have been born here, but I was born a US citizen (My mother is a native born New Yorker) and this is my country. Yes, I want patriotism. I want all of this country to ban together in this tragedy. If that's a problem for you, I suggest you deal with it.

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: ThinkInsane ]
Nemo me impune lacesset

FormerLurker
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 11, 2001, 08:45 PM

"We will make no distinction between the terrorists who have committed these acts, and those who harbor them."

Thank you, Mr. President.

That's what I wanted to hear!!

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 11, 2001, 08:48 PM

Amen to that.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Kickaha
Forum Regular
Sep 11, 2001, 08:48 PM

I normally stay out of such discussions, but I need to just get some words out. I hope no one minds.

I've been watching this since just as the second plane hit the World Trade Center this morning. To be honest, I'm still waiting for the credits to roll stating that this is a Jerry Bruckheimer film. It's just not real.

Yet it is.

I've watched people die as their plane was used as a bomb.

I've watched people die as they were hit by an airliner in their offices.

I've watched people die as they burned to death.

I've watched people die as they jumped 900 feet to their deaths in desperation to escape burning.

I've watched people die as thousands of tons of concrete, steel, and glass tumbled down on them.

I've watched people die as they wait for rescue in rubble that will never be removed in time.

I've watched people... possibly *ten thousand* or more people... die.

For no reason.

I've watched heroes risk, and lose, their lives saving their fellow humans.

I've watched heroes rise from everyday people to assist strangers.

I've watched grown adults reduced to tears describing the deaths of complete strangers.

I've watched my own estimation of our humanity be buoyed by the actions of these noble ones.

For every reason.

We are under attack, in a state of war. Make no mistake about it. Various pundits have compared today to December 7th, 1941, missing one or two critical points. Pearl Harbor was a military base, populated by men and women who had chosen to fight for their nation. The World Trade Center victims had no such choice. 2400 men and women lost their lives at Pearl Harbor. Today's death toll may be four, five, or, some estimates say, ten times that amount. Pearl Harbor had a definite foe, a definite face, place, and country to direct an attack at. We have no such healing force today.

This isn't Pearl Harbor. This is worse.

We *are* in a state of war, and without a foe. So we will make one... even if it costs us much. bin Laden is the widest assumed perpetrator... but he was in Oklahoma City as well. We need restraint. We need cool heads. We need to find, beyond any reasonable doubt, who did this.

Then we need to take the war to them. We need to minimize the civilian casualties, or we're no better than they, but we need to take the war to them. And their funding sources. And their safehouse keepers. And any person, institution, country or organization that has helped them, cloistered them, or supported them.

We need to obliterate them from the face of the planet. If assassination is effective, we use that for surgical removal of particular persons. If tactical nuclear weapons are effective, we use that for wholesale removal of installations. We wipe them out. Completely.

Todays events have shown the worst and the best of humanity. We have seen death, horror, and destruction of innocence on an unprecedented scale... and we have seen a level of sacrifice, honor, and nobility to match.

We need to show the perpetrators of this crime, and any contemplating similar acts of war, that there is no place for them in this world. We will not tolerate their mere existance.

If the perpetrators are radical Islamic fundamentalists, we obliterate them where they stand.

If the perpetrators are insane Japanese communists (Red Army), we obliterate them where they stand.

If the perpetrators are, again, our own nation's population, we obliterate them where they stand. Waco be damned. This isn't an armed camp of society's borderline cases... this is war and mass murder. Acts of war are met with acts of war.

We have the strength. We have the means. We have the justification.

Give us a target, an appropriate, real target, and the people of this nation will give pause to all that may contemplate duplicating these acts of insanity.

I am not a nationalist man. I have never been a flag-waving, God Bless America singing patriot. Our nation has problems, we are not perfect.

But no one can justify this.

No defense can be justified.

No offense is too strong.

Give us the target, and we'll do the rest.

guerro
Sep 11, 2001, 08:59 PM

I am so very sad as I sit and watch over and over the damage done by the airplanes. I fight back tears as I watch the innocents leap for their lives, falling over 1000 feet. My gut wrenches as I learn of all the Police and Firefighters who were killed after arriving on scene so quickly. Who speaks for these people ? ? Who will tell their stories of pain and suffering? They didn't ask for this, but they are the ones who died. This is just sickening. I don't know what else to say.
Damn you all to the bowels of bloody hell ! - Stewart Griffin

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2001, 09:01 PM

Originally posted by Miami:
<STRONG>

see scott, that's why i don't like you. remember oklahoma, eh?
the real enemy here is religious fever, be it islamic or christian or any other flavour. people who think they're right in every possible sense. you better quit your church and try to think "�galit�, libert�, fraternit�". be nice to your neighbour and shut your mouth if you don't know what you're talkin' about.

in case someone's proven guilty, well, then let's proceed to the next step and think about how to prosecute them.</STRONG>
You don't like me because I say it was Bin Ladin?

This has nothing to do with "religious fever". That's just the excuse that people use.

Prosecute? We tried that. It failed. This requires a new method.

I have a friend of mine from Romania. He told me a type of swear that their solders say in battle, "Better his mother cries than my mother cries" then they shoot. We need to start shooting.

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: Scott_H ]

xyber233
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2001, 09:02 PM

President Bush said that he would seek action against the terrorists and those countries that are protecting those terrorists. That is a pretty strong statement. Doesn't that kinda hint that they know Bin Laden is behind this?

pathogen
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2001, 09:02 PM

Originally posted by Kickaha:
<STRONG>...I need to just get some words out. I hope no one minds.
</STRONG>
I feel very much as you, as you articulated it. I never wanted to see these things. And I will feel no pity for those who were guilty in this when they get theirs in the end.
When you were young and your heart was an open book, you used to say "live and let live."
But if this ever changing world, in which we live in, makes you give in and cry, say "live and let die."

guerro
Sep 11, 2001, 09:13 PM

Here is your killer

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 11, 2001, 09:17 PM

I like this picture better...

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: ThinkInsane ]
Nemo me impune lacesset

FormerLurker
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 11, 2001, 09:26 PM

Originally posted by Kickaha:
<STRONG>I normally stay out of such discussions, but I need to just get some words out. I hope no one minds.

I've been watching this since just as the second plane hit the World Trade Center this morning. To be honest, I'm still waiting for the credits to roll stating that this is a Jerry Bruckheimer film. It's just not real.

Yet it is.

</STRONG>
Well said, Kickaha.

Thanks for sharing.

mikithecrackhead
Senior User
Sep 11, 2001, 09:40 PM

bomb the hell out of afganistan and bomb now. one small nuke for Iraq. Then turn them around and have them face China and Russia. Bring it on and we will still stay standing.<font color = red> this is an act of WAR. </font>
We cannot sit there and investigate on who did this. We must bomb Now
At least at the Asylum, they treat me with respect.

SS3 GokouX
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 11, 2001, 09:42 PM

Originally posted by Demonhood:
<STRONG>I think this image (courtesy of latimes.com, msnbc.com, etc..) sums it up pretty well:

http://homepage.mac.com/~demonhood/latimesWTC.jpg

I just feel so........powerless.</STRONG>
After seeing the American flag on the far right of the picture, the Star Spangled Banner is now stuck in my head . And Demonhood, I think everyone feels the same way as you

"And I will rule you all with an iron fist! You! OBEY THE FIST!" -Invader Zim

mikithecrackhead
Senior User
Sep 11, 2001, 09:42 PM

the view from my window, until today...

R.I.P.
~fisherking

I can't beleive it's gone
At least at the Asylum, they treat me with respect.

Earth Mk. II
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2001, 09:43 PM

Originally posted by Demonhood:
<STRONG>I think this image (courtesy of latimes.com, msnbc.com, etc..) sums it up pretty well:

http://homepage.mac.com/~demonhood/latimesWTC.jpg

I just feel so........powerless.</STRONG>
That is an amazing picture...
/Earth\ Mk\.\ I{2}/

world runner
Sep 11, 2001, 10:10 PM

First let me express condolences to the all victims. This is very sad Day and I hope that I will newer again see something like this. I am against all attacks and violence (this one is one of the worst).

Now you are asking who is done this?
Before that, you must remember what your government have done in the past.

Just a few facts:

Killing of most native Americans.
Intended spread of drugs to black population.
Intended infection of various populations.
Drooping two Atomic bombs which have killed hundred thousands poor civilians.
Spreading military to all corners of the World and killing people from Vietnam to Panama.

You should ask why nobody attack country like Finland? Why in Portugal you can not find people who blow up buildings like in Oklahoma?
Why in Denmark nobody shoot kids in schools? Why Swiss do not have army sent to Lebanon? Wake up!!!
What your government is doing is wrong and you citizens are ultimate victims.

It is clear that American government is to blame for attacks. Today's attack is just respond to American politics toward own people and foreign people.

Kickaha
Forum Regular
Sep 11, 2001, 10:14 PM

Originally posted by world runner:
<STRONG>It is clear that American government is to blame for attacks. Today's attack is just respond to American politics toward own people and foreign people.</STRONG>
And scantily dressed women deserve to be raped, right?

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2001, 10:20 PM

<STRONG>First let me express condolences to the all victims. This is very sad Day and I hope that I will newer again see something like this. I am against all attacks and violence (this one is one of the worst).

Just a few facts:

Spreading military to all corners of the World and killing people from Vietnam to Panama.

You should ask why nobody attack country like Finland? Why in Portugal you can not find people who blow up buildings like in Oklahoma?
Why in Denmark nobody shoot kids in schools? Why Swiss do not have army sent to Lebanon? Wake up!!!

It is clear that American government is to blame for attacks. Today's attack is just respond to American politics toward own people and foreign people.</STRONG>

I'm not in the mood for you. I asked the Admins to ban you. Don't post here any more. Go away.[/LIST]

steve666
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 11, 2001, 10:31 PM

Originally posted by torifile:
<STRONG>

Are you really uninformed? I can only presume so based on your interpretation of the religion of Islam. What do you know about the religion? Can you cite doctrine that tells people to reign terror on innocents? Where in the religion does it specify that terrorism is ok? I didn't think you could find any examples... Why don't people like you think for a change rather than spew what the TV news anchors and newspapers tell you? Wake up and stop judging...</STRONG>
Islam is the only religion where clerics set up suicide bombers as martyrs for a cause. You don't see priests and rabbis sending people, young people to their death in a mission to kill innocent people. Muslim fanatics are the most dangerous on earth because they are so ****ing ignorant that they believe they are going to go to heaven by doing something forbidden by the 10 commandments. All muslims obviously don't believe this, but enough do to make Islam a threat to western civilization.

The CIA needs to step up surveillance of all muslims in the United States, the same way they do to white supremacists and other groups. Muslims are a threat in the United States, unfortunate but true. Those that are law abiding have nothing to fear. We must lose a little of our freedom and privacy in order to live in safety.

It must be done. It HAS to be done. Intelligence Agencies must target the larger community in order to find the dangerous cells inside that community. Its only common sense. Lets see if Bush and Congress has the spine to let it happen. For all our sake I hope they do................................................ ....................................

Korv
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 11, 2001, 10:31 PM

<STRONG>First let me express condolences to the all victims. This is very sad Day and I hope that I will newer again see something like this. I am against all attacks and violence (this one is one of the worst).

Just a few facts:

It is clear that American government is to blame for attacks. Today's attack is just respond to American politics toward own people and foreign people.</STRONG>
You're right you know.

But so is Kickaha. There is no possible defense or justification. None.

None.

Pansy president or not. Democrat or Republican. Right or wrong. We will find out who did this. We will kill them. We will obliterate any military that stands in our way. We will remove any goverments that obstruct us. Any organization or institution or nation that has participated, or does participate, in this act of terror will cease to exist.

I, like Kickaha, have never been a flag waving American. But I, like Kickaha, will feel nothing but justified when we obliterate those responsible.

Matsu  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2001, 10:37 PM

The US is not to be blamed. They more than do their part in the world. If they help, then they're meddling, if they don't help then they're abandoning? Get over it. You can't ask for aid without a degree of policing. Isn't it funny that those areas of the world least capable of policing themselves are precisely the ones that clamour the loudest about American intervention? Is America Corrupt? Yes. Is it more corrupt than any other country? ABSOLUTELY NOT! In fact America does a much better job of acknowledging her faults than any other modern nation.

To argue that today's events are somehow the fault of American Policy (because it is too intrusive or dominating on the world stage) is simply beyond idiotic. It's pretty clear that there are plenty of countries that have yet to demonstrate the ability to conduct themselves with decency. The world needs more American intrusion, not less. Simply put, the international and intellectual communities have to quit all the self- determination rhetoric, and accept that there are nations who've not earned the right to enjoy American style freedoms.

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: Matsu ]
Apple: bumping prices, not specs.

Macintosh
Banned
Sep 11, 2001, 10:41 PM

I think these words bear meaning today. They were said almost some 40 years ago by President John F. Kennedy. Innaugural address.

........."Let every nation know,whether it wishes us well or ill that we shall pay any price,bear any burden,meet any hardship, support any friend,oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of liberty. In the long history of the world only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shrink from this responsibility I welcome it.,,,,,,,,The energy the faith the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will liht our country and all who serve it. And the glow from that fire will truly light the world.

pscates
Sep 11, 2001, 10:44 PM

I thought my numbness and sadness peaked today around 1 or 2 PST. However, after arriving home (I drove home with my headlights on in memory of those lost today) and finally sitting down to watch the various angles of the plane attack on TV (I'd only seen fuzzy, sputtering web footage of one angle while at work), the actual collapse of the buildings, the grown men crying, people literally running for their lives, etc. I find myself more heartbroken and sad than I was 12 hours ago.

I finally quit holding everything about today in and just basically spent 5 minutes bawling like a baby just about 20 minutes ago. Oddly enough, I feel better. Felt good to finally get it out, I guess.

This, in my opinion, will ultimately surpass Pearl Harbor in symbolism, turning point, psychological impact, etc. Not to take away from what happened in 1941, of course, but on every level this is so much worse: peacetime, civilian targets, using Americans to kill other Americans, laying waste to famous, "always gonna be there" national landmarks, etc.

Someone above said it perfectly: I feel so helpless. I want to be in NYC in firefighter gear, digging people out and carrying them to a waiting ambulance. I want to do something.

It's gonna be a long night...

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2001, 10:45 PM

Originally posted by Korv:
<STRONG>

You're right you know. </STRONG>
No he's wrong you moron. First off most of that stuff happened 100s of years ago. Plus back then Europe was just as bad if not worse than we were. The people who attacked today don't care about that stuff. Also the US never shipped drugs to minorities. That's a lie. The A-bombs were a part of a war and once again the people who attacked today don�t care about that. Also it was only after WW2 our military went out into the world. When we were needed.

It�s simple. We were attacked today because we are on top. These psychos need someone to hate so they hate the guy on top.

saltines17
Senior User
Sep 11, 2001, 10:55 PM

Originally posted by Scott_H:
<STRONG>
I'm not in the mood for you. I asked the Admins to ban you. Don't post here any more. Go away.</STRONG>
**Applause**
---------------------------------
Sorry for not saying anything yet everyone, I just couldn't post anything until now.....I was just reading this thread...and reading...and refreshing........and reading....... I can't believe this sh|t. I don't know what to say.......Just.......

F�ck you.

(obviously said to the b@stards who did this and the f�cking palestinian bastards who were so f�cking happy...)

:furious: :@&#$%$*:

steve666
Mac Enthusiast

Just a few facts:

WorldRunner, if you were in front of me I would bitch slap you so hard your momma would feel it. How DARE you say that our Government is to blame for the death of thousands of innocent people. The US has made mistakes in the past but there is NO justification for what happened today. You're a ****ing moron............................................. ...............................

Scrod
Mac Elite

It's too bad that Afghanistan is on approximately the same latitude as the southern U.S. How long do you think the nuclear fallout cloud would stay around?
I abused my signature until she cried.

Macintosh
Banned
Sep 11, 2001, 11:02 PM

I think the only plan of action is to KILL everyone of those involved in the terrorism. Kill all of them as soon as possible. Ben ****in Laden will die in an American town square namely Time Square. Burn his balls then chop his ****in head off.

FERRO
Senior User
Sep 11, 2001, 11:15 PM

Once the people responsible for this act are pinpointed.... I hope it doesnt start World War 3... with everyone on high alert....

I dont think this will sink in until later.... hundreds... perhaps thousands died on this day....

� FERRO 2001-2002

Earth Mk. II
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2001, 11:22 PM

I don't think it should matter why this happened. Not yet anyway.

Now, imagine - just for a second - Imagine that the US simply and humbly mourned it's loss, rebuilt, and got on with it. Would whoever is responsible for this have a reason to strike again? Would they have a greater moral justification than if we fought back?

A great tragedy happened today, but violence begets violence... unless it stops somewhere. That'll take effort and courage. Are we up to it?
/Earth\ Mk\.\ I{2}/

pscates
Sep 11, 2001, 11:40 PM

No we're not, Earth Mk. II. At least I hope not.

If we do the things you suggest, we may as well roll over, clamp our windows shut, abandon our whole way of life and simply get used to being ****ed with, trampled on, terrorized, etc.

Yes, violence sucks. Violence for violence sake is nothing to strive for. But holy **** ...innocent civilian Americans were senselessly and brutally slaughtered this morning.

If we don't strike back with deadly, accurate and merciless force, I'LL pull an Alec Baldwin and leave the country. Because I don't want to live in a country too ***** , diplomatic and touchy-feely to seek punishment and retribution for the actions committed against it today.

Not to sound hyper-jingoistic and redneck, but someone's in line for a massive star-spangled ass whipping of mammoth proportions. And I for one can't wait until it's doled out.

You stand strong, you protect your citizens and borders. You strike back when attacked. You react with swift certainty. You do it with methodical precision and you show no mercy. You put all that ****ing money and machinery that we like to debate about so much into good use. Goddammit, if we're going to spend this much money on the military and military hardware, then by God I can't think of a more opportune time to see what we get for our tax dollars.

At this point (considering how the world is and where things seem to be heading), I'd much rather err on the side of being a badass than a ***** .

But that's just me. I tend to see things in pretty black and white/right and wrong terms. However, in this situation, I daresay I have the majority of people in this forum (and around the country tonight) seeing things my way.

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2001, 11:44 PM

Originally posted by Earth Mk. II:
<STRONG>I don't think it should matter why this happened. Not yet anyway.

Now, imagine - just for a second - Imagine that the US simply and humbly mourned it's loss, rebuilt, and got on with it. Would whoever is responsible for this have a reason to strike again? Would they have a greater moral justification than if we fought back?

A great tragedy happened today, but violence begets violence... unless it stops somewhere. That'll take effort and courage. Are we up to it?</STRONG>
Are we up to it? Is that rhetorical? You live in DC. You must know some military? Ask them if they are up to it.

Somewhere in a sub there�s a SEAL team with very itchy trigger fingers. We train these guys to go anywhere all the time to do what we want. They are ready and we have to use them.

Delta force teams have been training and training and training. They are sick of training. They are ready to go. Get them on a plane and drop them where they are needed.

Some Naval ship in god knows where is begging the Pentagon to launch their cruise missiles. Another has a bunch of F-14 pilots that refuse to take their flight suits off.

They are ready to die to keep America safe. They want to. We want them to. We need them to do this job for us and they very much want to do it.

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: Scott_H ]

sek929
Posting Junkie
Sep 11, 2001, 11:57 PM

(My post from another topic)

The time for this tip-toeing around bullshit is over...now its time to show everyone that something of this proportion will result in a ruthless attack by everything we have. But I do no agree with the nuke thing, thats the last thing we need to start in motion right now.

If we p u s s y this to death, we will end up killing maybe a few bad guys (or throwing them in jail) and leaving many more thinking that we have no balls, and something like this WILL happen again....if not something worse. We really need to scare a shitload of countries with our real military power now. Its a very barbaric tactic I know but we are dealing with very barbaric people here, and dicking around won't amount to squat.

Its time to kick some anti-US ass.

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2001, 12:09 AM

it's almost midnite.
every nite for 3 years i've stood by my window & admired the view.
i'm maybe twenty blocks north of the trade center...
i like the old buildings near me, then suddenly, behind them, the financial district.
the twin towers looked...amazing, proud. standing tall over everything.

sometimes, when it rained, or just a misty night, the towers would disappear in the haze, very surreal.

tonite, no haze, just an endless white cloud.
& the towers are not there.

the landscape has changed forever.

what a sad species we are!
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 12, 2001, 12:19 AM

I just recieved this as an email. I can't say whether or not this is true, but I rather hope it is.

From Jerry Pournelle's website:

Dear Jerry,

Following is a message which my one of my best friends passed along with
permission to distribute to those who might be interested. It fills in the
details that I missed in my original conversation with him and attempted to
relate to you.

Tom has given me permission to distribute the message - please feel free to
post it if you deem it appropriate.

Sincerely,

Art Russell Major, US Army (Retired)

Message Follows:

Today was a tragedy for all of America and to my family, a very personal
one. Lynn and my Niece Liz's husband, Jeremy Glick was on United flight 93
this morning. When the Hijackers took control of flight 93. Jeremy called my
niece who in-turn conferenced him to 911. Jeremy relayed to the police what
was happening as the hijacking unfolded. As our niece Liz listened, Jeremy
told the police there were three Arab terrorists with knives and a large red
box that they claimed contained a bomb. Jeremy tracked the second by second
details and relayed them to the police by phone. After several minutes of
describing the scene, Jeremy and several other passengers decided there was
nothing to lose by rushing the hijackers. Although United Flight 93 crashed
outside of Pittsburgh, with the loss of all souls. Jeremy and the other
patriotic heroes saved the lives of many people on the ground that would
have died if the Arab terrorists had been able to complete their heinous
mission.

Please offer your prayers for all of those who perished or were injured in
this tragic of all days and to our niece Liz Glick and her 2-month-old
child, Emerson, who are left without their loving Husband and Father.

May we remember Jeremy and the other brave souls as heroes, soldiers and
Americans' on United flight 93 whom so gallantry gave their lives to save
many others.

Lynn, our four adult children and I are headed to New York to be with our
family during this time of great sadness

All of my best,

Tom
If these folks took the oppertunity to try and stop the terrorist, sacrificing themselves, but saving God only knows how many others, than they are truly heros.
Nemo me impune lacesset

l'ignorante
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2001, 12:27 AM

Everybody here in Europe is sick of what happened, all democracies must unite against this kind of madness. More then ever Europe and the US will be allies, you can be sure.

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2001, 12:32 AM

Oh man. It takes me a while. I can look at plane and buildings falling and then....

One of the news stations was showing video from today. Some lady and her two kids were looking for their father. Just on the street with all the debris all over. The reporter is talking to the woman blah blah blah then one of the kids tells "DAD!" and their father just walks right up to them from the devastation.

Man, It's too much.

CaseCom
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2001, 12:39 AM

Think, that e-mail would appear to be credible as it is in line with this account from the Associated Press:

United said Flight 93 left Newark at 8:01 a.m. with 38 passengers, two pilots and five flight attendants.

Minutes before the 10 a.m. crash, an emergency dispatcher in Pennsylvania received a cell phone call from a man who said he was a passenger locked in a bathroom aboard United Flight 93. The man repeatedly said the call was not a hoax, said dispatch supervisor Glenn Cramer in neighboring Westmoreland County.

``We are being hijacked, we are being hijacked!'' Cramer quoted the man as saying, from a transcript of the call.

The man told dispatchers the plane ``was going down. He heard some sort of explosion and saw white smoke coming from the plane and we lost contact with him,'' Cramer said.

Also, Alice Hoglan told KTVU-TV in San Francisco that her son, Mark Bingham, 31, called her from aboard the flight at 9:44 EST.

``We've been taken over. There are three men that say they have a bomb,'' Hoglan said her son told her.

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2001, 12:40 AM

Originally posted by l'ignorante:
<STRONG>Everybody here in Europe is sick of what happened, all democracies must unite against this kind of madness. More then ever Europe and the US will be allies, you can be sure.</STRONG>
Please tell your leaders that. I don't have a lot of faith in them. Remember when the US wanted to teach Lybia a lesson? ****ing France wouldn't let us fly over their piece of crap dung heap of a country.

So if you're "united" with US then you need to move you war planes and arm your troops because anything less is rhetoric.

otis52
Forum Regular
Sep 12, 2001, 12:53 AM

Mentally exahausted after having had every emotion possible flow through me. I can only think that anyone who could possible say that we had this coming to us is a heartless bastard who deserves to stand along side the person who is responsible for this and recieve the same punishment . I have just finished watching a new perspective on the plane crashing into the trade center. This view was from the ground up giving you a good perspective of what the people in the streets saw. These were all everyday people who died, mothers, fathers, children, family and friends. Not political activists. So to all those out there who say that we deserve this tell that to the 5 year old child who's father was killed today saving someones live or simply going to work.
I wanted to be a artist but I became a graphic designer...
[url]http://c1g.net[url]

TNproud2b
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2001, 12:55 AM

America has stumbled across an opportunity to fix some problems - in order that our children will not have to fix these problems.

This is not a war against a handful of terrorists that crashed a few planes. This is a war against all terrorists and their supporters everywhere.

If you've ever threatened The United States, your life is about to become miserable.

Is this World War III ?

Yes. Except most people didn't figure it would be so one-sided in its outcome.

Please welcome Afghanistan. Our 51st state.
*empty space*

bewebste
Senior User
Sep 12, 2001, 12:55 AM

Originally posted by Scott_H:
<STRONG>

I'm not in the mood for you. I asked the Admins to ban you. Don't post here any more. Go away.[/LIST]</STRONG>
Hmm, I thought America was supposed to have this thing called "free speech". Seems that MacNN forums are going under martial law now. You may not agree with what he had to say, but you shouldn't ban him from this discussion because of it. Or are you afraid that he might have a point?

I saw this quote posted on macgamer.com. Mr. King was a wise man...

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2001, 01:00 AM

Originally posted by bewebste:
<STRONG>

Hmm, I thought America was supposed to have this thing called "free speech". Seems that MacNN forums are going under martial law now. You may not agree with what he had to say, but you shouldn't ban him from this discussion because of it. Or are you afraid that he might have a point?

I saw this quote posted on macgamer.com. Mr. King was a wise man...

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

Martin Luther King, Jr.</STRONG>

**** off. I'm not in the mood for you either. Go to hell.

nana2
Senior User
Sep 12, 2001, 01:10 AM

Originally posted by l'ignorante:
<STRONG>Everybody here in Europe is sick of what happened, all democracies must unite against this kind of madness. More then ever Europe and the US will be allies, you can be sure.</STRONG>
I'm afraid most of Europe lost any sense of freedom many years ago, living in their socialist nanny states as they do.

guerro
Sep 12, 2001, 01:11 AM

Look at these bastards laugh and celebrate our tragedy

Sick bastards. These should die.

[ 09-12-2001: Message edited by: guerro ]

elzinat
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2001, 01:20 AM

<STRONG> It is clear that American government is to blame for attacks.</STRONG>
ever hear that there are some things you just don't fu�k with?
to paraphrase scott, "i'm not in any fu�king mood to deal with stupid arrogant callous assholes like you."
deleted, banned, and moreover, you can just go fu�k yourself

"sometimes it's appropriate for there to be some level of irrationality in the response"
-a former secretary of state (forget the name) to Peter Jennings earlier tonight

[Edit: LOL tooki removed my admin status and blocked my ability to post for making this post and deleting that account. ]

[ 09-12-2001: Message edited by: elzinat ]

TNproud2b
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2001, 01:24 AM

I agree with that quote.
*empty space*

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2001, 01:27 AM

I heard on the TeeVee that there are people alive in the basement of the WTC. They're calling in on cell phones. Un****ingbelievable. I hope it's true and they get to them.

And those guys in the Pennsylvania plane? Un****ingbelievable. Real heros. Who knows how many people they saved.

Forum Links
Forum Rules