Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Payback.

Payback.
muslimnuker
Banned
Sep 11, 2001, 09:44 PM

I was driving in my car early in the morning when I heard about hte 1st plane. I've been listening ever since. What has happened today is tragic, and is the most disgusting act of violence I've ever witnessed. I became sick, didn't eat anything, and the rage inside me has built up the entire day. Now I vent.

First off, today could have been avoided. It could have been avoided in 93, 98, and 2000. And it should have been. The SAME GUY attempted to blow up the trade center, he succeeded in blowing up our embassies, and he killed 17 sailors onboard the USS Cole. But we had a pansy for a president, who did nothing but start investigations. Now we have a red blooded republican president, and although he isn't too bright, he will flex his nuts.

Thank god.

Here is what needs to happen. Terrorists have family. They have pride. They have a homeland. Any country who's people cheered when they heard todays news, should be destroyed.

Why?

Every country who's citizens have anti american views, even if they are brainwashed, are threats. They support terrorists, both financially and theoretically, through their views of America. And even if it isn't their fault, they are not innocent. Egypt, Afganistan, Palestein, and Iraq. All of them should be taken to war. And be leveled. Completely. I mean, complete utter wastelands. Not one house left statnding, not one person alive.

Arabs have been fighting and bickering for over 2000 years, and today they killed over 10,000 of our citizens. It needs to stop. If we declare war, I'm enlisting tomorrow. I want blood. I don't care if that is sinking to their level, because if we 'occasionally' sink to this level to enforce and defend our way of life. I don't care if its racist. I don't care what anyone thinks. But I want them all dead. The little girl who cheered, the old man who handed out candy, all. Dead.

Hopefully, the president will call up Afganistan and say "look. You have people in your country who murdered our citizens. This is an act of war. Hand them over, or you take on their responsibility. "

Then blow them straight to hell.

- Ca$h

SS3 GokouX
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 11, 2001, 09:59 PM

Originally posted by muslimnuker:
<STRONG>Every country who's citizens have anti american views, even if they are brainwashed, are threats. They support terrorists, both financially and theoretically, through their views of America. And even if it isn't their fault, they are not innocent. Egypt, Afganistan, Palestein, and Iraq. All of them should be taken to war. And be leveled. Completely. I mean, complete utter wastelands. Not one house left statnding, not one person alive.</STRONG>
Meanwhile there are people anti-this country and anti-that country in America, should those countries bomb us to the ground, too?

If we declare war, I'm enlisting tomorrow. I want blood. I don't care if that is sinking to their level, because if we 'occasionally' sink to this level to enforce and defend our way of life. I don't care if its racist. I don't care what anyone thinks. But I want them all dead. The little girl who cheered, the old man who handed out candy, all. Dead.
You are a sick man. I hope you feel better tomorrow morning.

Then blow them straight to hell.
But is it possible to blow people down? I mean, must explosions blow people up, sideways, etc. but down?

Seriously, calm down. Reconsider your point of view on this whole thing after a good night's rest. Blowing them up will only make their friends want to blow us up, and then our friends will blow them up, etc... Yay, nuclear war. I think I'll go dance in the nuclear fallout.

"And I will rule you all with an iron fist! You! OBEY THE FIST!" -Invader Zim

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Sep 11, 2001, 10:06 PM

I'm all for blowing the crap out of whoever's responsible for this, and we should definitely have a much harsher policy on terrorists. However I think we should also try and comport ourselves with some semblance of honor. If we take retaliate against attacks and severely crush the perpetrators then they will become even rarer, if not disappearing altogether. But war isn't really necessary or appropriate unless we have a direct threat by another nation against our citizens.

steve666
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 11, 2001, 10:16 PM

Tell the Taliban they have 24 hrs to get Bin Laden, and another 24 hours to hand him over, dead or alive. If they don't, Kabul is rubble.

Tell Israel that since Palestinians find it joyful that thousands of Americans are dead you can do whatever you think proper to defend yourselves and we won't say a word. Push them into Jordan and wall yourself off. When a suicide bomber strikes, bomb his entire family and make his whole family martyrs. Its time to play by their rules since they aren't playing by ours.

Level The government buildings in Iraq. Tell Syria that they have one week to disarm and arrest all terrorists on Lebanese soil.

Its time to do what is necessary and become ruthless.......................................... ...............................

NeoMac
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2001, 10:18 PM

It's time for some old fashioned medievil vengence, that's for sure.
"Last time the French asked for more evidence, it rolled through France with a German flag." - David Letterman

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2001, 10:37 PM

It's gonna get more and more sickening the more people politicize this, as far as "It's Clinton's fault..it's Bush's fault" and all that assorted nonsense. But I know it's gonna happen. This is something that I hope united the nation, rather than further divides it.

As for payback, yep... it NEEDS to happen. Someone MUST pay for this, and that Bin Laden asshole needs to be rounded up, and strung up by his shriveled nuts. And I agree, if Afganistan wants to protect that asshole... turn the whole country into a crater if need be.

A real shame of it, before today I had some level of sympathy for the palestinians and their plight, and I thought of Israel as an equal agressor in that corner of the world, and that both were probably equally stuborn and to blame for the trouble there. Now I've ceased to have ANY sympathy for the palestinians. Screw them. Any group that would celebrate in the streets over thousands of innocent strangers dying, is an EVIL group of people who have an evil belief system. I see now that THEY ARE and have been the main cause of the trouble in that corner of the world, and I see clearly the hard-headed stuborness and outright evil that the Israelis have been putting up with.

I couldn't agree more; whatever Israel has to do now to defend itself, I'm all for it. More power to them. I personally no longer even consider palestine anything more than an illegal section of Israel that needs to be put under control. What a shame...I feel sorry for any *decent* palestinians (and yes, I realize there are) because your countrymen have DISGRACED you horribly with thier show of sheer wickedness and achieved the biggest pro-Israel push that could have been imagined.

Weather or not palestinian terrorists are to blame or not, decent people, a decent country, a country that deserves to be 'liberated' doesn't celebrate the deaths of innocent civilians. Screw thier 'cause'. Let Israel do what it needs to do to bring that area back under civilized control, and let the US and the rest of the world turn a blind eye to *whatever* has to happen. Anyone from that area that now wants to go on TV and whine about anything bad that comes down on them... one thing to say to them now... "HEY! Remember your asshole countrymen dancing in the streets over what happend in the US? SCREW YOU."

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Sep 11, 2001, 10:39 PM

The first thing we have to do is find out who did this. If recent reports are to believed, it could very well have been bin Laden, but until we have hard proof, making judgements is inappropriate.

If it was him, though, I say we do this: go to the banks where he keeps his money (mostly in Switzerland and the Cayman Islands, apparently). Demand his money as reparations. Then use his own money to fund his capture. And if it runs out, who cares; without his money he won't be able to fund terrorism anymore, so you've rendered him a nonthreat regardless. Without its head, the snake will die. Hiopefully, there's no need to bring military force into it, though if a group would willingly harbor the culprit after proof has been given, then they deserve to go down for protecting him (or her, or it as the case may be) to kill again.

And if bin Laden did do it, and we do capture him, well, frankly, I don't care what happens after that. Lock him up in the sex-crimes wing of the nastiest prison in the country for the rest of his life, for all I care. Or better yet, find some other nation that he's struck with even less-stringent prison standards, and extradite him there. There may be no hell to send him to, but I'd imagine that, even within the bounds of the law, we can probably get pretty darn close.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

simonjames
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2001, 10:43 PM

Cash - you've gone over the edge by wanting to level every anti-US country.

Don't get me wrong - the country that did this should be leveled - not by one nuclear bomb but by 20

Trying to weed out the ones who orchestrated this won't work as they'll be quickly replaced by some hotter head wanting revenge. Total and utter destruction of the country that harbours these animals - nothing else will suffice.

b-t-w - this hasn't just united America - it has united the entire Western World. We are all in shock and we promise to help the US 1000% to destroy these animals - to use their language "a jihad on terrorists"

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: simonjames ]
this sig intentionally left blank

RodriCO2000
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 11, 2001, 10:49 PM

We need a full Military retaliation and it better happen soon..

The terrorists wanted to spread terror but they failed, they spread anger and I can say that mostly if not ALL of us Americans are outraged and extremely pist off, This will not go unoticed, People, Countries whoever must pay for what they have done.

Never in my life have I been so pist off as to the sight of those fuc*ing people celebrating the death of thousands of people, I hope to see each and every one of those bastards dead. SOON....

They even used God, saying how he did Right by the deaths of thousands of people, I WANT THEM DEAD.

This is the time in whcih we, all of us Americans MUST come together, help eachother, attend our wounded and then ONLY then go at FULL force on whoever was responsible for this ACT OF EVIL...

Blow them off the face of this earth, show them who America really is...

Who is with me?

"For the land of the free..... And the Home of the BRAVE!!!!"
Its not the fact that life is fact, but that life itself is a fact of the unknown....

shmerek
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2001, 10:55 PM

I believe in retribution but not at the cost of a world war. And like CRASH HD I have lost any and all sympathy I had for the Palestinians after their sickening display. I was speaking to my mother on the phone today, she is one of the most caring compassionate people I have ever know and she has never wished pain on anyone but after seeing the Paslestinian celebrations she said they should all be liquidated.

I also believe that the US can't go randomly bombing a country and kill massive amounts of civilians because then they will be no better than the terrorists. You cannot condem someone for an action and then do the same thing ie. kill innocent people.

zac4mac
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2001, 10:56 PM

Don't focus frustrations on someone just because they are Islamic. We are Americans and we have higher principles.
Stay calm, stay mad. Never forget.

Find the bastards that did this and turn the capitol of the country harboring them into a glowing ashtray.
It's time for a mushroom.

As we said in the Navy... nuke 'em till they glow and shoot 'em in the dark.

shmerek
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2001, 11:11 PM

Originally posted by zac4mac:
<STRONG>

Find the bastards that did this and turn the capitol of the country harboring them into a glowing ashtray.
It's time for a mushroom.

As we said in the Navy... nuke 'em till they glow and shoot 'em in the dark.</STRONG>
Any talk of nuclear assaults is ridiculous. You don't think dropping a nuke on some country would draw condemnation for the rest of the world? What right does any government have to kill innocent people? None. The civilians under the Thalliban are suffering tremendously already especialy the women. The government there is blaming the their own people for the drought and misery saying it is because they haven't followed god's will. Christ they regularly execute there own people for nothing.

Let me say that my previous points are in no way trying to trivialize the tragedy of today.

muslimnuker  (op)
Banned
Sep 11, 2001, 11:18 PM

wow. My name hasnt been banned yet. Weird. Anyway.... sorry, whoever said that leveling their entire country is the wrong thing to do, screw you. Seriously.

I'm going to GUESS and say that approximately 20,000 people died today. That'd be the minimum. Here's another thing I thought of. Apparently, Bin Laden's bud was scheduled to go to court tomorrow. If indeed he does, I hope someone blows him away with a shotgun on national TV. If I lived in NY, I would. But I don't. But yeah, kill that f*cker on live tv to give a big FU to the terrorists. Maybe blow out his kneecaps first, then make him suck on it like...yeah. BAM. Brains everywhere.

I cried today.

I cried because I watched people, HUMAN BEINGS, jumping over 50 stories. The force that created todays events is disgusting and wrong, no matter what faith you follow. Same with any country that celebrates. Nukes aren't the answer, then it'd leave fallout and what not. But they all deserve death. I hope the war we get into is long and drawn out, I want the USA to &gt;ENJOY&lt; the destruction of all their crappy little buildings and cherish every moment moment they hit one dead on with a large caliber rifle. I want their blood spilled over miles, as a warning that no country, no organization, and no 'jihad' can do this to America.

Ever.

- Ca$h

simonjames
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2001, 11:20 PM

As a non-American and with an opinion that is fairly "the norm" for Australians I say that the rest of the world will not condemn America for nuking the country who did this - we expect America to do this and support you in whatever you may do in retaliation.

Make 'em glow

Scrod
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2001, 11:22 PM

It annoys me that people say we need to change our "policy" on terrorists after this act. Do you know why it annoys me? Because the word "policy" implies that we expect to be dealing with terrorists again in the future. Clearly, our only "policy" should be that we should never have to deal with them again.
I abused my signature until she cried.

robotmarkVIII
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 11, 2001, 11:28 PM

Shiiiiit, calm down!

Of course it's a terrible thing that happened, but it's an equally terrible thing to "level an entire country" to retaliate. How will that help things?

zac4mac
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2001, 11:28 PM

I don't suggest a nuke casually. Not by any means.
I was in the first grade during the Cuban missile crisis and still remember the nuke drills.

Our retaliation on this matter needs to be of Apocalyptic proportions; anything less will be a waste of time, energy and lives.

800+ dead at the Pentagon
thousands dead in New York.

you do the math

This **** HAS to stop.

robotmarkVIII
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 11, 2001, 11:29 PM

Shiiiiit, calm down!

Of course it's a terrible thing that happened, but it's an equally terrible thing to "level an entire country" to retaliate. How will that help things?

MuslimNuker: I know you'll go after me with all caps when I say this: but isn't your alias a little hateful? Considering there are many muslims living in america, and possibly many muslim people working at the trade center.

shmerek
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2001, 11:37 PM

<STRONG>wow. My name hasnt been banned yet. Weird. Anyway.... sorry, whoever said that leveling their entire country is the wrong thing to do, screw you. Seriously.

I'm going to GUESS and say that approximately 20,000 people died today. That'd be the minimum. Here's another thing I thought of. Apparently, Bin Laden's bud was scheduled to go to court tomorrow. If indeed he does, I hope someone blows him away with a shotgun on national TV. If I lived in NY, I would. But I don't. But yeah, kill that f*cker on live tv to give a big FU to the terrorists. Maybe blow out his kneecaps first, then make him suck on it like...yeah. BAM. Brains everywhere.

I cried today.

I cried because I watched people, HUMAN BEINGS, jumping over 50 stories. The force that created todays events is disgusting and wrong, no matter what faith you follow. Same with any country that celebrates. Nukes aren't the answer, then it'd leave fallout and what not. But they all deserve death. I hope the war we get into is long and drawn out, I want the USA to &gt;ENJOY&lt; the destruction of all their crappy little buildings and cherish every moment moment they hit one dead on with a large caliber rifle. I want their blood spilled over miles, as a warning that no country, no organization, and no 'jihad' can do this to America.

Ever.

- Ca$h</STRONG>
I saw the same thing you did Ca$h and I cried as well but are you saying that innocent HUMAN BEINGS that have nothing to do with this even except that they might live in the wrong country should be killed?? What the **** is that? How is that justice? How is that anything? How is that better than those ****ed up pieces of **** Palestinians celebrating? I want
justice not wholesale slaughter of innocent poeple.

robotmarkVIII
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 11, 2001, 11:38 PM

Here's a fairly insightful post I found on slashdot, which is an open letter. I thought I'd help spread it around:
Subject: What should be the response to violence?

September 11, 2001
�

Everyone,
�

As is often the case, the Economist seems to have the best story: America under Attack [economist.co.uk]

Also see The Economist front page [economist.co.uk]

One of the important points made in the article is that security in U.S. airports and on U.S. airplanes before the bombing was lax compared to the security in Europe.

The Economist article does not mention that the Bush Administration in the U.S. had recently increased its support for the Israeli government and therefore also Israeli violence. The Clinton administration, in contrast, was more careful not to do things which could be interpreted as an incitement to violence.

It is amazing to me that "intelligence" authorities claim that they did not have any idea that there would be an attack like this. Below is a link to an album cover from a band called "The Coup". It is black American "Party Music". The album was sold long before today's bombing. The album cover shows both towers of the World Trade Center in New York in flames:

The Coup -- Party Music, album cover shows the towers burning. [girlieaction.com]

Commentators on three of the largest U.S. TV networks, NBC, CBS, and ABC, have made comments that assume without debate that the U.S. will engage in military action in retaliation. One U.S. senator said on TV that the U.S. response should be comparable to the U.S. response to the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor. The U.S. response at the time of Pearl Harbor was to be the only country that has ever used nuclear weapons, causing genetic damage that continued long after Japan became a favored trading partner of the U.S.

Under the stress of conflict, people show how they truly think. It has always annoyed me that people who call themselves Christian often reveal that they don't really believe in the important messages of Christianity, and that they don't even understand those messages.

Basically, Jesus Christ's idea of not returning violence with violence means that we can protect ourselves, but that any response must be the true minimum necessary to achieve security. This is a theory that can be recommended even to the majority of people in the world who are not Christian. The theory seems to fit the facts. The facts seem to be that violence always has severely negative side-effects that overwhelm any effect that might be seen as positive.
�

This is my reply to the many people who are recommending violence as an answer to violence:

Do you have any thought that violence in retaliation might be a mistake, and might just invite further violence?

The U.S. government (not necessarily the U.S. people) has a history of thinking that violence is the answer. The U.S. killed 2,100,000 people in Vietnam and maybe 150,000 people in Iraq. The U.S. has bombed 14 countries in 30 years, killing a roughly estimated 3,000,000 people.

These people had mothers and fathers, friends and families and wives. Most of the citizens of the U.S. had, and have, no idea of the beliefs of the people that their government killed. Most people in the U.S. cannot even locate the countries the U.S. government bombed on a map of the world.

No matter how violent a country is, or how many people a violent country kills, there is still an inexhaustible supply of people in other countries who also want to engage in violence. Violence can be unending. Do you want that?

No matter how angry you are, there are thousands of people who are more angry than you. Do you want them to attack you?

The Bush administration recently increased U.S. support for the violence of the Israelis. This was sure to make the people being killed by the Israelis unhappy. Do you find it surprising that some of them are motivated to violence also?

There are many countries where people are severely distressed by Israeli violence. Recently there was a TV news story about street violence in which Israelis were killed. The Israeli counter-attack was shown on TV: A helicopter fired rockets at a building, causing huge explosions. It is not important in this instance whether the Israelis are the aggressors. What is important is that a significant number of people think they are the aggressors.

The problems between the Jews and the Arabs have existed for 3,300 years. The Jews say that they are the "chosen people" of God. The Jews say that Arabs are descended from an illegitimate child of their tribal founder, Abraham, and a slave girl.

It is not difficult to understand the thoughts of the Arabs. It is not difficult to understand that it is annoying to live next to a group of people who claim that they are superior, and that Arabs are inferior. It is not difficult to understand that it is annoying to live near people who claim that you are a descendent of a bastard and that God doesn't like you as much.

It is also not difficult to understand that the constant claims of the Jews of superiority over everyone else (including people of European descent like me) is mentally de-centering to Arabs who happen to be psychologically conflicted. Mentally de-centered people engage in violence. It's that simple.

Does the U.S. really have a place in a dispute that began 3,100 years before the founding of the country? How many people here really understand this dispute? What percentage of the citizens of the U.S. can even find Israel on a map of the world? I think the percentage is low.

I find the arrogance of my Jewish friends annoying, too. However, there are many differences between myself and the terrorists. I am less conflicted. I am better educated. It doesn't matter to me what other people have been saying for thousands of years; I don't believe Jews actually are superior. I don't live in an area where I am at risk of being killed by Israelis. I am not Arab, so I am not the target of the strongest claims of Jews that they are superior.

Violence is caused by mentally de-centered people. Being violent makes mentally de-centered people even more mentally de-centered. That's why violence is not a good answer to violence. Prevention is a good answer. Better understanding is a good answer. Being charitable long before any problems begin occurring is a good answer. But violence is not a good answer to violence.
�

Regards,

Michael Jennings

simonjames
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2001, 11:40 PM

In response to robotmarkVIII - How will that help things?

It will send out the strongest message that this sort of krap will be met with quick and total retaliation. Countries will think twice about harbouring terrorists. Anything less will be the wrong message

In response to owenc - Jennings is a complete tosser. "Turning the other cheek means you'll just get slapped again". He should take his religious krap and shove it where the sun don't shine.

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: simonjames ]

sek929
Posting Junkie
Sep 11, 2001, 11:47 PM

Originally posted by zac4mac:
<STRONG>I don't suggest a nuke casually. Not by any means.
I was in the first grade during the Cuban missile crisis and still remember the nuke drills.

Our retaliation on this matter needs to be of Apocalyptic proportions; anything less will be a waste of time, energy and lives.

800+ dead at the Pentagon
thousands dead in New York.

you do the math

This **** HAS to stop.</STRONG>
I agree wholeheartidly.....the time for tip-toeing around bullshit is over...now its time to show everyone that something of this proportion will result in a ruthless attack by everything we have. But I do no agree with the nuke thing, thats the last thing we need to start in motion right now.

If we ***** this to death, we will end up killing maybe a few bad guys (or throwing them in jail) and leaving many more thinking that we have no balls, and something like this WILL happen again....if not something worse. We really need to scare alot of countries with our real poiwer now. Its a very barbaric tactic I know but we are dealing with very barbaric people here, and dicking around won't amount to squat.

Its time to kick some anti-US ass.

muslimnuker  (op)
Banned
Sep 11, 2001, 11:58 PM

Yep. We need to open a can, and go quasi WW2 style where every citizen contributes to one complete ass kicking **** talking curb jobbing bad mama jamma. Seriously, we need to &gt;LEVEL&lt; a country. If you hated us, I don't htink you'd risk having everything you've ever KNOWN napalmed and destroyed.

Our entire US fleet is being armed and moving into position to defend our country. SWEET. Did you know our naval fleet classifies as the 3rd most powerful unit int he world?!

I love the navy. If I enlist, thats where I'll be.

- Ca$h

PS:I'll make a statement about my name.

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2001, 12:11 AM

<STRONG>...

I love the navy. If I enlist, thats where I'll be.

- Ca$h

PS:I'll make a statement about my name.</STRONG>
My father was in the Navy. He made Captain before he retired. Many of the peace nicks and America haters here would tell me I should be ashamed of that. I am not. I am very proud of what our military men (and women) do for us every day.

It's time to use them for real. Time to defend our country against those who threaten us. No more ****ing around. No more useless UN meetings. No more ****ing ***** European "allies".

Time to act to defend the country.

simonjames
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2001, 12:35 AM

Scott_H - why are you bad mouthing Europeans? Have you bothered to read the statements of the British Primeminister or the French President on this matter? No, I thought not.

Stop being a redneck please- use your brain - Europeans are not your enemy

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2001, 12:52 AM

Originally posted by simonjames:
<STRONG>Scott_H - why are you bad mouthing Europeans? Have you bothered to read the statements of the British Primeminister or the French President on this matter? No, I thought not.

Stop being a redneck please- use your brain - Europeans are not your enemy</STRONG>

Are they? I heard them. The talk a good talk but they often don't come through.

simonjames
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2001, 12:56 AM

Yeah? The same can be said of America in WWII - where was America then?

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2001, 01:11 AM

<STRONG>Yeah? The same can be said of America in WWII - where was America then?</STRONG>
Yup. Took us a while. We wanted to stay out of it. But you have to agree that when we came on board we were ready to go.

Can Europe do the same now? We'll see. I doubt it. I'm sure they will have a meeting to discuss having another meeting about if they should have meeting very soon now.

zac4mac
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2001, 01:18 AM

&lt;&lt;Yeah? The same can be said of America in WWII - where was America then? &gt;&gt;

uhhh, can you say Normandy or Berlin or Tokyo or Okinawa or Paris etc?
We'd all be speaking German(or Japanese) if not for Patton, MacArthur, Churchill and Truman.

BTW, Scott, Britain has been flying with us for 10 years over Iraq, France and Australia(I know it's not in Europe) too sometimes.
Everybody else is too small or timid.

superlarry
Senior User
Sep 12, 2001, 01:20 AM

scott.. history class has told me that the U.S. had a terrible time deciding what to do in WWII because we needed to help europe but were also being attacked ourselves on the west coast. we had to split our rather tiny number of troops. this also explains a lack of support in quantity in europe. we also did not have enough troops ready and trained for the job, causing more delay, as well as an arseload of novice troops being made fun of along the battlefield by europeans. just trying to clarify things ;c)

TNproud2b
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2001, 01:23 AM

um,

there have been over 200 nuclear detonations on the face of the earth.

Yeah, I figure a couple more won't much matter.
*empty space*

otis52
Forum Regular
Sep 12, 2001, 02:04 AM

Forget about the nukes these people need to be tortured. I can only think of some of the lyrics from a Wu Tang song.

"Torture mutha f@!kers, Yo i'll take that motha f@!ker sew his assh@!e shut and keep feed'n him and feed'n him and feed'n him"
- WU TANG -
I wanted to be a artist but I became a graphic designer...
[url]http://c1g.net[url]

PsyOpsLabs
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 12, 2001, 02:17 AM

I can't urge my fellow American's strongly enough to understand that the military actions of people like Osama ben Laden are not in any way related to true Islamic beliefs. Such anti-human radicals are no more representative of the true practice of Islam than Tammy Faye represents Christianity.

Yes, the attacks on the WTC and the Pentagon were acts of war, but they are not Islamic in nature. Most Muslims around the world denounce these actions without reservation.

America is strong in part because of our tolerance, something the religious fundamentalist minorities, like ben Laden, never understood.

Send support for the troops that will go overseaes to eliminate this threat, but also protect the honorable Muslims living here in the States. There's a lot of anger in the streets, and I fear for my Arab friends here.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2001, 02:39 AM

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. Until the whole world goes blind.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [♬] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2001, 02:55 AM

Originally posted by - - e r i k - -:
<STRONG>An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. Until the whole world goes blind.</STRONG>
You know what? You're right. Let's just forget about it.

****ing loser.

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2001, 02:59 AM

Originally posted by PsyOpsLabs:
<STRONG>I can't urge my fellow American's strongly enough to understand that the military actions of people like Osama ben Laden are not in any way related to true Islamic beliefs. Such anti-human radicals are no more representative of the true practice of Islam than Tammy Faye represents Christianity.

...</STRONG>
I have friend that are Muslim and from Jordan. They are some of the finest people I know.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2001, 03:12 AM

Originally posted by Scott_H:
<STRONG>

You know what? You're right. Let's just forget about it.

****ing loser.</STRONG>
Yes, Mahatma Ghandi eventually did end up losing out. Man, he was such a jerk.

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2001, 03:23 AM

Originally posted by - - e r i k - -:
<STRONG>Yes, Mahatma Ghandi eventually did end up losing out. Man, he was such a jerk.</STRONG>
Oh oh oh I see now. You're from Europe. Ready to wag your finger at the US. Please **** off. For real.

[ 09-12-2001: Message edited by: Scott_H ]

godzookie2k
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2001, 03:36 AM

As angry as I am all this talk of bombing and leveling, well shi+ while we are at it should we put every Arab in this country in a concentration camp while we are at it? **** , Ireland has been bombing the **** out of Great Britain for years, Great Britain is an ally, should we jail all the irish too? Ahh, and shi+, the Israelis are the agressors over in the mid east apparently, should we jail all the jews too? We would start running out of population pretty fuc*ing fast in this melting pot we call home.

Who are we to decide the fates of innocent people because a few rotten apples spoilt the bunch. I agree, I'm pretty pissed off too, I want vengence as much as NY needs blood, but not 100% of palestien or whereever you choose as your target is backing these fuc*ers killing off innocents sinks us to their level. Does the responisbility of being a world power/first world country/super power not force us to be the mature ones in this situation? Find the bastards who did this, then step up so it doesn't happen again. don't level an airport in palestein to get even, an innocent is bound to get hurt. I think everyone needs to take a deep breath here, twirl around on their front lawn until they fall over, AND THEN start thinking a little more rationally.

On another note, pulling the religion card and saying God will sort this out or God wouldn't recommend slaughtering middle easterners is stupid. Need I remind the courtroom that more people on this planet have killed and died in the name of God than any other cause?

AND yet another note: if slaughter is the only answer, ---fu*k it kill off that entire section of the globe and let god sort em out

Nick

"So who is bringing the guns into this country? I couldn't sneak a plasitc pellet gun through customs over in London" -Eminem "Who Knew" The Marshal Mathers LP

I'm not one to quote eminem, but this is a great example of America's security lax ness in relation to the rest of the world.

godzookie2k
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2001, 03:42 AM

AND ANOTHER THING! Has anyone thought that, MAYBE this wasn't a middle east operation at all? We all thought that Oaklahoma (sp, I know) was for sure a middle east thing at first.

There are no facts in this case. We DONT KNOW who/what people/etc. were behind this. All we know is what Dan Rather and Connie Chung are telling us, and come on, they told us that Al Gore would be president. so lets get the facts in first before we start looking for bullseyes. A friend of mine told me that all the Arab kids in her high school had to be moved to the guidance office today because they were being severely harassed by fellow students. Please, lets not let our anger cloud our thinking too much. I pray (ok I'm not the type, I HOPE) that this does not get out of hand. some horrible things happened today, lets hope more horror doesn't come out of it.

Peace out cub scouts
Nick (again....)

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2001, 03:52 AM

Originally posted by Scott_H:
<STRONG>

Oh oh oh I see now. You're from Europe. Ready to wag your finger at the US. Please **** off. For real.</STRONG>
As you would know, Ghandi was actually from India. India is in Asia in case you wondered.

Again you use the "European ready to wag your finger at the US". What maked you think I'm against the US? You're scaling this to a worldwide-level where I am representing Europe, and you the US.

You also argue like you've been cornered up. I'm not blaming you or the US for this. I'm merely stating that this talk of revenge is an act of blind anger, and it's natural to feel this way. I'm as shocked by the events as you are. But I've had a night to sleep on it. And I've realised that you can't just live by the old testament "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a life for a life" rule anymore. Not when you take into account the mass-destruction weapons and crazy people in the world.

You think you can just go ahead and find the responsible, take them out in public and shoot them and be over with it? Fine, you go ahead and think that. Let's hope world leaders have more rational thinking than you.

Cipher13
Sep 12, 2001, 05:20 AM

Originally posted by godzookie2k:
<STRONG>AND ANOTHER THING! Has anyone thought that, MAYBE this wasn't a middle east operation at all? We all thought that Oaklahoma (sp, I know) was for sure a middle east thing at first.

There are no facts in this case. We DONT KNOW who/what people/etc. were behind this. All we know is what Dan Rather and Connie Chung are telling us, and come on, they told us that Al Gore would be president. so lets get the facts in first before we start looking for bullseyes. A friend of mine told me that all the Arab kids in her high school had to be moved to the guidance office today because they were being severely harassed by fellow students. Please, lets not let our anger cloud our thinking too much. I pray (ok I'm not the type, I HOPE) that this does not get out of hand. some horrible things happened today, lets hope more horror doesn't come out of it.

Peace out cub scouts
Nick (again....)</STRONG>
No, we don't KNOW... but...

Apart from being organised by a country itself, how many known terrorist regime's are capable of the level of organisation, planning, synchronicity, et al, displayed here?

Try hijacking 4 planes, levelling the twin towers of Manhattan and the Pentagon and getting away with it, ID undivulged... quite impressive.

[ 09-12-2001: Message edited by: Cipher13 ]

Scrod
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2001, 05:24 AM

Originally posted by Cipher13:
<STRONG>..ID undivulged... quite impressive.</STRONG>
Well, this isn't much of a feat, considering the perpetrators killed themselves in the process.

Cipher13
Sep 12, 2001, 05:32 AM

Originally posted by Scrod:
<STRONG>
Well, this isn't much of a feat, considering the perpetrators killed themselves in the process.</STRONG>
Do you think the masterminds of it went down with the rest of the crew? Or that they're now just planning another strike with their expendable army?

Scrod
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2001, 05:38 AM

Originally posted by Cipher13:
<STRONG>

Do you think the masterminds of it went down with the rest of the crew? Or that they're now just planning another strike with their expendable army?</STRONG>
Of course not! And I'm sure the CIA has a very good idea of who they are! When I said "perpetrators" I was referring to the fools to piloted those planes into the buildings. However, it's far easier to plan an attack when you don't have include an escape method for yourself. We may never know with absolute certainty who the actual suicide pilots were.

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Sep 12, 2001, 05:51 AM

Originally posted by CRASH HARDDRIVE:
<STRONG>A real shame of it, before today I had some level of sympathy for the palestinians and their plight, and I thought of Israel as an equal agressor in that corner of the world, and that both were probably equally stuborn and to blame for the trouble there. Now I've ceased to have ANY sympathy for the palestinians. Screw them. Any group that would celebrate in the streets over thousands of innocent strangers dying, is an EVIL group of people who have an evil belief system. I see now that THEY ARE and have been the main cause of the trouble in that corner of the world, and I see clearly the hard-headed stuborness and outright evil that the Israelis have been putting up with. </STRONG>
Uh... I wonder what kind of experiences (and daily hell) could have made some of them so bitter towards the so-called democratic world? Gee, I wonder.

You guys crack me up with all your talk of "nuking" and sending in "recon"... but I don't suppose most of you have seen real war? And no, Quake Tournament doesn't count, kids.

Don't worry, they're soon going to broadcast all of you joe-sixpacks on TV. You'll be able to pretend you're on the WWF... and the whole world will soon be able to hear how if only we could all pack handguns (mandatory) and carry samurai swords, our nation would be protected from the world's scum. Yeah! Yeah! It'll be just like the Matrix, Die Hard and Red Dawn all rolled up on one. Cool!

Wolverines!!!

moki
Ambrosia - el Presidente
Sep 12, 2001, 06:02 AM

Originally posted by PsyOpsLabs:
<STRONG>Send support for the troops that will go overseaes to eliminate this threat, but also protect the honorable Muslims living here in the States. There's a lot of anger in the streets, and I fear for my Arab friends here.</STRONG>
I hope I'm right by saying that people will not be persecuted by ethnicity in this country. Despite claims that America is racist, we're one of the few countries in the world that has such a diverse mix of non-homogenous people.
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Sep 12, 2001, 06:37 AM

<STRONG>Stop being a redneck please- use your brain - Europeans are not your enemy</STRONG>
Exactly.

And speaking as an "'merican" in Europe... pretty much everybody in Amsterdam was crowded around the tv's... watching the news in horror. Everyone was very cool to me, and asking me if I was okay, how was I feeling, did I have family there (yes), etc. I didn't hear a single anti-american slogan... and there's a good number of middle-eastern, african, and asian people in this town.

Nobody know's when/if the next attack will be. Or where. A European city could be next, for all we know.

So Scott_H, insteading of puffing up your chest so much, you may wish to reallocate some of that oxygen to your brain for a moment. The world is a big place... no one is safe from attack.. and we all need to stick together.

Don't worry, we'll all have a chance to "hunt" and "punish" the bad guys in due time. But we still need to figure out who they are, first.

[ 09-12-2001: Message edited by: daimoni ]

Cipher13
Sep 12, 2001, 06:55 AM

Originally posted by Scrod:
<STRONG>

Of course not! And I'm sure the CIA has a very good idea of who they are! When I said "perpetrators" I was referring to the fools to piloted those planes into the buildings. However, it's far easier to plan an attack when you don't have include an escape method for yourself. We may never know with absolute certainty who the actual suicide pilots were.</STRONG>
Hence, it is QUITE a feat - this operation was co-ordinated extraordinarily well...

It would be extremely difficult. You say yourself you're sure the CIA has a good idea who they are - well, as of yet, as far as the public knows - this guy is still anonymous.

It was brilliant, sadly.

MikeM32
Banned
Location: &quot;Joisey&quot; Home of the &quot;Guido&quot; and chicks with &quot;Big Hair&quot;
Sep 12, 2001, 07:09 AM

I'm totally with Ca$h's original post here.

No time for worrying about waging a "safe payback" and simply taking out whoever is responsible. It's time to send back the message that we will not tolerate this kind of cr_p.

I mean going in and taking out the countries that harbor and support these terrorists, screw the innocent. They killed innocent lives on our side, now it's our turn.

I was disgusted by the footage of these people celebrating the event. These people need to die along with the rest. Women, Children whatever. This is war, and as such we need to retaliate against all those responsible, and all those who harbor or suppport this heinous act.

Mike

Forum Links
Forum Rules