Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Battery won't charge on 1ghz Tibook

Battery won't charge on 1ghz Tibook
Jim Paradise
Mac Elite
Jun 17, 2005, 04:38 AM

This evening I swapped out my current battery for an older one that I hadn't used in the past two years. For some reason it won't charge. Did I screw something up?

jasong
Mac Elite
Jun 17, 2005, 08:35 AM

Unfortunately, you did. Batteries need to be used occasionally. After two years of disuse, the battery likely discharged to the point where it can't recharge.

A trick I saw on the net once was the pop the battery in and out a few times (like 10 or so). The idea was that the power from the PowerBook would act as a "jump start" to the battery. This was for the Pismo/Lombard machines and I have no proof it ever worked, but you may as well try it.

Good luck.
-- Jason

Jim Paradise  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 17, 2005, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by jasong
Unfortunately, you did. Batteries need to be used occasionally. After two years of disuse, the battery likely discharged to the point where it can't recharge.

A trick I saw on the net once was the pop the battery in and out a few times (like 10 or so). The idea was that the power from the PowerBook would act as a "jump start" to the battery. This was for the Pismo/Lombard machines and I have no proof it ever worked, but you may as well try it.

Good luck.
Damn, that's a shame. I'll give that a try, though. Thank you.

asodamiac
Senior User
Jun 18, 2005, 06:27 AM

http://www.apple.com/batteries/notebooks.html

batteries are a bit expensive too..
15" Powerbook G4 | 1.67, 1.5gb, 128VRAM, SD
20" iMac | 2.66, 2gb, HD 2600
Dell 2408WFP

Forum Links
Forum Rules