Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Concentration Camps and the American Gestapo

Concentration Camps and the American Gestapo (Page 2)
Waragainstsleep  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jul 29, 2019, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by el chupacabra View Post
So leftists are trying to shut down Jordan Peterson because he engages in shitty speech that leads to fascism? Or because it threatens their Marxist agenda?
You don't get to tar anyone short of Republican with the brush of extreme left lunatics any more than I get to do it the other way around. Almost no-one is trying to have Peterson and his ideas banned by law, they just don't feel that some of his ideas have any place in education or wherever. I agree with some of what he says, though he goes out of his way to say it ways that will piss off the left (probably because he knows it will please the right), some of his views are dumb and some are awful. Theres merit in introducing students to opposing ideas but its not a limitless concept. You wouldn't invite Epstein to give a talk on how best to seduce, drug and rape children at an Ivy League college, its just a difference in where individuals draw certain lines. If people want to outshout him, well that's not ideal but its the price of that precious free speech.

I didnt vote for Trump, wont vote for him 2020. Just saying this isnt fascism. The good thing about Trump is his trade war with China. No other republican (and surly no evil democrat) will take this on, which means anyone who supports breaking away from tyrannical China's TRULY FASCIST human rights violations must support Trump. If it were me I'd cease the wall & move all US manufacturing/trade out of Asia & into Mexico.
China is somewhere in between 1930s Germany and present day US. You cannot deny there are too many hallmarks of fascism to ignore the accusations. Perhaps your position is that China levelled out before it got as bad as the Nazis so maybe the US will do the same and should be left to do so? Doesn't sound like it.

So far nobody in the thread has shown anything that is fascist. Rebranding prisons & detention centers which have always been around, as "concentration camps" doesn't cut it. You guys have succumbed to marketing rhetoric. In the 1990's and earlier the US just shot most the people who they caught crossing the border illegally, and nobody called it fascism. Now days the US catches them, detains them, & you call it fascism.
Flagrant gerrymandering and electoral cheating to the point of treason, appointing corporate shills to offices, inciting racial hatred, holding rallies outside of election campaigns, separating migrant kids from families and then losing track of them, general scapegoating, inhumane description and treatment of immigrants and then encouraging people to cheer about it. Supporting white supremecists and other domestic terror groups by refusing to call them domestic terrorists, intimidation of opposing politicians, government agency flouting laws, invading homes, tramping peoples rights.
A lot of this list fits the germans and the Chinese. Why would you want to wait and see how close they get to wherever you've chosen to draw your facism line before complaining about it? Because the left are worse? Pull the other one.

Being on a hypocritical moral high ground isnt unique to the right (the left is more guilty). It's just that right & left cant agree on whats moral because morals are a purely relative social construct which classically has been based on religion.
As far as I know, publicly they agree pretty well. Its their actions that don't agree with established morality. And the right is epically more guilty of this.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Forum Links
Forum Rules