Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Ever heard of an ADB wheel mouse?

Ever heard of an ADB wheel mouse?
Mithras
Professional Poster
Dec 31, 2001, 11:05 AM

I'm hoping to find a scroll-wheel mouse that connects via ADB. Anybody heard of one? Anyone seen one work under OS X?

I'd love to use a scroll mouse on my old Powerbook Wallstreet, but I'd love to use it without plugging in the klunky USB PC Card.

My searches thus far haven't turned up anything, but MacNN users always seem to know about obscure products...

Max8319
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 11, 2002, 12:21 AM

at macally.com they have a couple ADB mice, but appearently none with scroll wheel

PeteWK
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 12, 2002, 03:26 AM

Seems to me that my old secretary had a trackball that had a scroll function. And it hooked up to her Mac clone via ADB. If they're not out there new, eBay should come through for you.

PeteWK

Oink
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 12, 2002, 01:16 PM

Macally makes lousy mice. I bought two of their optical ADB mice to replace my Mousesystem's optical mouse. And found out they have no programmable three buttons, with the right button identical to the left! Completely useless, the pad worn off in less than a year

rjc3
Forum Regular
Jan 12, 2002, 10:00 PM

i think logitech used to include an usb -> abd adapter with their usb mice a few years ago during the transition to usb.

fulmer
Professional Poster
Jan 13, 2002, 11:37 AM

Originally posted by rjc3:
<STRONG>i think logitech used to include an usb -&gt; abd adapter with their usb mice a few years ago during the transition to usb.</STRONG>
I believe they still do. I bought a Logitech optical mouse--their generic 2-button + scroll wheel--at WalMart for like $15-20. It works perfectly and it included a little adapter. Not sure if it is abd, though.

l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 13, 2002, 03:38 PM

USB to ADB sure, but I doubt anyone made an adapter that let you plug in USB mice to an ADB port, USB is very complicated compared to the simple ADB

Amorya
Mac Elite
Jan 14, 2002, 10:02 AM

I've heard of ADB wheel mice... MacFormat did many group tests of mice and there were some in there. I'll check when I get home.

Amorya
What the nerd community most often fail to realize is that all features aren't equal. A well implemented and well integrated feature in a convenient interface is worth way more than the same feature implemented crappy, or accessed through a annoying interface.

Forum Links
Forum Rules