Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > does anyone knows Iza ?

does anyone knows Iza ?
christianclark
Forum Regular
Aug 23, 2005, 08:44 PM

Does anyone knows Iza .... or anyone "still" have a 10.2.8 version of Maggra / Makki ?

Resexcellence doesn't have the 10.2.8 version.

i have tried to e-mailed to Iza as well.

Thanks

Christian

Hi I'm Mike
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 23, 2005, 09:10 PM

any reason 10.2.8 is still kickin?

Ozzpot
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 24, 2005, 04:41 AM

I believe I corresponded via eMail with him once, a very long time ago. Other than eMailing him, which you have done, I don't know what else you could do. I can't think of any site that would still be hosting this. Your only chance is to find someone who still has Jaguar and happens to have these themes. Unfortunately, a recent poll found that precisely zero Mac OSX GUI enthusiasts were still running Jaguar - so I'm surprised to hear that anyone has this problem.

If you really are still running Jaguar, you know you really should move on. You're missing out on a lot. Or is there some other reason you need a Jag version of these themes?
iMac G5 17" 2.0ghz 1.5gb RAM MacOS10.4 • iBook G4 14" 933mhz 768mb RAM MacOS10.4 • iPod Touch 16gb

smeger
Mac Elite
Aug 24, 2005, 04:58 AM

From my Jaguar test box:
Makki_X1.0

Merry Christmas!
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

christianclark  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 24, 2005, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Hi I'm Mike
any reason 10.2.8 is still kickin?
LOL LOL

I will NOT buy anything until the "second version" of G5 with Intel comes out.

I was gonna get a G5 this year but I'm gonna wait. I have a G4 desktop "Yikes".

by the way, I have heard from Iza.

Christian

christianclark  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 24, 2005, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Ozzpot
I believe I corresponded via eMail with him once, a very long time ago. Other than eMailing him, which you have done, I don't know what else you could do. I can't think of any site that would still be hosting this. Your only chance is to find someone who still has Jaguar and happens to have these themes. Unfortunately, a recent poll found that precisely zero Mac OSX GUI enthusiasts were still running Jaguar - so I'm surprised to hear that anyone has this problem.

If you really are still running Jaguar, you know you really should move on. You're missing out on a lot. Or is there some other reason you need a Jag version of these themes?

Ozz,

Believe me! i really want to upgrade to 10.4 or 10.5 but my Mac is G4 "Yikes" desktop. Actually my G4 is the first original which has the "350" Mhz chip. So to upgrade will be pointless, I think. If I upgrade, it will slow it down. Am I wrong or right?

As long as I may do my graphic design and plus sweet awesome itunes......until I may get the second version of Mac with Intel.

I really want to put this Mac on the self and tell people some history stories [ laughs].

Christian

christianclark  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 24, 2005, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by smeger
From my Jaguar test box:
Makki_X1.0

Merry Christmas!
Smeger,

Dude! Thanks.

Iza e-mailed me as well.

thanks

Christian

Ozzpot
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 24, 2005, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by christianclark
Believe me! i really want to upgrade to 10.4 or 10.5...
10.5? I'd like to upgrade to that too but we'll both have to wait a couple of years for it to be released!

...My Mac is G4 "Yikes" desktop. Actually my G4 is the first original which has the "350" Mhz chip. So to upgrade will be pointless, I think. If I upgrade, it will slow it down. Am I wrong or right?
Actually, unlike the World of Wintel, each edition of Mac OSX tends to be slightly zippier than the previous one, i.e makes more efficient use of the hardware, so you don't need to upgrade to be able to run the latest OS smoothly, it should infact make your old hardware seem slightly faster. Having said that, it is my belief that the reason for this particular attribute of OSX is that OSX increasingly takes advantage of graphics processing capabilities such as Quartz Extreme and Core Image, taking the load off the CPU. This, however only works on machines capable of those features, which yours is not.

So yes, it may be true in your case that Tiger or whatever would seem slower on your machine...

BUT IT'S SO AWESOME!! HOW CAN YOU RESIST???

iMac G5 17" 2.0ghz 1.5gb RAM MacOS10.4 • iBook G4 14" 933mhz 768mb RAM MacOS10.4 • iPod Touch 16gb

Hi I'm Mike
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 24, 2005, 03:48 PM

LOL LOL

I will NOT buy anything until the "second version" of G5 with Intel comes out.

I was gonna get a G5 this year but I'm gonna wait. I have a G4 desktop "Yikes".

by the way, I have heard from Iza.

Christian
i have g4 sawtooth running 10.4 runs great

siMac
Mac Elite
Aug 24, 2005, 04:04 PM

Ozz,

Believe me! i really want to upgrade to 10.4 or 10.5 but my Mac is G4 "Yikes" desktop. Actually my G4 is the first original which has the "350" Mhz chip. So to upgrade will be pointless, I think. If I upgrade, it will slow it down. Am I wrong or right?
Wrong.

My 350MHz G3 iMac Rev C runs much better on Panther than Jaguar. I would update it to Tiger, but it ain't got Firewire/DVD.
|\|0\/\/ 15 7|-|3 71|\/|3

christianclark  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 24, 2005, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by siMac
Wrong.

My 350MHz G3 iMac Rev C runs much better on Panther than Jaguar. I would update it to Tiger, but it ain't got Firewire/DVD.

hmmm....10.3 is kinda different than 10.2.8.

10.4 has no firewire ? I always thought Firewire is a basic standard for all Macs ?

Christian

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 25, 2005, 05:54 PM

hmmm....10.3 is kinda different than 10.2.8.

10.4 has no firewire ? I always thought Firewire is a basic standard for all Macs ?
He meant to say that 10.4 requires Firewire and DVD drive.

HytestA
Aug 25, 2005, 06:11 PM

I find that Tiger runs slightly slower than Panther on the Dual 450 G4 I use at work. The guy on the mac next to me is running Panther with no problems on his Single 450 G4 and the difference between Jaguar and Panther was quite noticable.

Hope that helps
...ill get my coat

G0Ducks
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 25, 2005, 06:37 PM

+1 this is so not customization anymore

Hi I'm Mike
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 25, 2005, 08:18 PM

post counts mean nothing go be a post whore on another forum.

G0Ducks
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 26, 2005, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Hi I'm Mike
post counts mean nothing go be a post whore on another forum.
I bet if I did a search here at the Macnn forums, I'd find one from you... I was just commenting on the "off-topicness" of this thread. Not that it really matters...

Gimme a break pal...

R

Jay Condon
Aug 26, 2005, 12:35 AM

Iv'e got tiger running on my old bondi blue g3 imac. No fancy effects with the dashboard and such, but it still hums right along.

And so as not to be drawn and qaurtered by the forum nazis, anyone know where I can find some cool swastika icons???

Hi I'm Mike
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 27, 2005, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by G0Ducks
I bet if I did a search here at the Macnn forums, I'd find one from you... I was just commenting on the "off-topicness" of this thread. Not that it really matters...

Gimme a break pal...

R
I bet you will not.

Forum Links
Forum Rules