Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > How to make useful a non-native application in Mac OS X 10.5

How to make useful a non-native application in Mac OS X 10.5
Cruz Gonzalez
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2009, 06:01 PM

I had success compiling Linux binaries in my Mac using Xcode and wxWidgets. Here is my procedure and my problem with a specific application, hopefully some of you guys of the forum can help me.

I´ve been implementing an application which runs in Linux and Windows in my Mac (Leopard). The program is bwx-console, a GUI used to recover files backuped in a server using bacula. This is the procedure I´ve been following:
1.- Install Xcode 3.1.2
2.- Compile wxWidgets2.8.10 with different configurations like --disable-universal and --enable-x11
3.- Compile bacula-3.0.0 to extract bwx-console
4.- Adaping the configuration files with the server data
5.- Run bwx-console´s script

The script runs and set the connection with the server showing activity in the console, the complication resides in the hability to manage the windows. It doesn´t respond to keyboard neither mouse. Tabs are frozen and the only active buttons are the close-mini-maxi in the top. It always looks to be in the background, any other windows can be in front, even when they are not selected.

This message appeard when the close button is pressed: bwx-console(3946,0xa0504720) malloc: *** error for object 0x1033818: Non-aligned pointer being freed
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

Any idea of the possible cause?

Here is a recording of the sittuation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T2G8...e=channel_page

Forum Links
Forum Rules