Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > Are you running the altivec Beta Einstein App?

Are you running the altivec Beta Einstein App?
Shaktai
Mac Elite
Jul 3, 2005, 10:15 PM

A question has been raised as to if the optimized BOINC v4.44 client might be creating some problems with the BETA Einstein altivec enabled app. The approved version is v4.43.

If you are running the altivec app with the optimized BOINC 4.44, please be sure to report your successes and problems in this thread in the Einstein forums. Remember to include your computer OS version, configuration and if you are using the BOINC menu bar GUI, BOINC advanced GUI with BOINC Manager or the CLI.

Remember, if you choose to be a BETA tester, you have a responsibility to report on the BETA app so that the bugs can be worked out. It would also help to know if anyone is running the BETA Altivec Einstein app with the standard 4.43 and what results you are getting.

mikkyo
Senior User
Jul 4, 2005, 03:05 PM

The beta is working great for me.
I posted over there about it.

Shaktai  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 4, 2005, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by mikkyo
The beta is working great for me.
I posted over there about it.
Good. Mine froze on Einstein about the time I got on the plane for Manila. It ran Predictor for a couple of days after, but has done nothing since June 25th. I think the GUI's are part of the problem too. You're running the CLI aren't you? When/If I get back home on Thursday, I'll kickstart the G5 again.

MacStef
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 7, 2005, 11:01 PM

I was running v4.44 with the javalizard Seti and the beta Einstein. I was thinking the same as you guys. that it may be a problem with the Boinc 4.44. I am waiting to finish up this batch of Seti WUs, then I was going to reinstall Boinc 4.43 and try the Einstein again. Should have some results by the beginning of next week.

G4 DP 1GHZ 1.5GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.3.9...

I guess great minds think alike....lol

MacStef

Forum Links
Forum Rules