Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Skate Demo - Xbox 360

Skate Demo - Xbox 360
klb5090
Mac Elite
Aug 25, 2007, 04:15 AM

Hey Everyone,
i wanted to know if anyone else downloaded the Skate Demo for 360 on the marketplace. I have to say eversince Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 i've been completely let down by the series. Skate provides a fresh unique experience for the skate genre. After playing the 30min demo multiple times i'm ready for the realease. This game could be the come back of skate games. Everyone should def check it out. The new control scheme is amazying and even with the bigger learning curve than THPS this looks like it could be a winner. Any other impressions?

pyrite
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 27, 2007, 09:53 PM

hmm sounds like i might have to give it a look.. I've also been disappointed with all THPS since 2 and 3. THPS2 on Dreamcast was freaking perfect IMO. Will dl and give my impressions, it's honestly gona take a hell of a skate game to get me back into it tho! Far too into bioshock at the mo
Hear and download my debut EP 'Ice Pictures' for free here

Tar_heel
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 27, 2007, 09:59 PM

Yea I downloaded it kinda just not expecting much, and considering I havnt skated for almost 2 years lol, and even when i did i sucked lol, I wasn't looking too forward to it but when started playing it, IT WAS AWESOME lol, it's fresh and differnt, and just in real life, you have to think about how ur gona do that trick and stuff. It's not that easy at first, just like real skateboarding. Made me feel like i really was skating. Probally gona buy it Peace : )
White Macbook | 2.0 Ghz | 1 Gig RAM
Xbox 360 | Halo 2 | GRAW 2 | Gears of War | PreO'd Halo 3 Limited

klb5090  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 27, 2007, 10:34 PM

This defneitally the suprise of the year for me, i'm glad i'm not the only one addicted to this demo
I probably have 5 hrs logged in between killing Big Daddy's

pyrite
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 27, 2007, 10:49 PM

big daddys get quite easy IMO... upgraded shotgun with electro rounds works nicely when strafing around obstacles for cover - as do launched frag grenades. Big daddys are AWESOME foes, but not as hard as I thought.. I'll have to play through it on hard later I think

mutelight
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 28, 2007, 08:02 AM

I was very pleasantly surprised by this demo. A while back I watched some videos about the gameplay mechanics and it really interested me but I thought to myself it would have to be well done so that it wouldn't become boring and I really think they nailed it. This game has now been added to my list.

Dual 2.66Ghz Xeon Woodrcrests // 8800GT 512MB // 30" Apple Cinema Display // 8GB RAM // Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE // 64GB iPad LTE Verizon // Home Theater

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 28, 2007, 01:46 PM

I've been playing the demo since it came out and I really enjoy this game. I'll definitely be getting it when it comes out.

The one thing I have not been able to pull off, or have any ideaf if it's even possible, is a Darkslide.

pyrite
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 11, 2007, 11:23 PM

damnnnn i just played through the demo and it was FUN!!!

my holday schedule is packed lol... Halo 3, Orange Box, Mass Effect... and I just picked up Splinter Cell: CT and Psychonauts to play through in the interim. 07 is the biggest year of games ever its crazy. no skate for me

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 13, 2007, 04:58 PM

I'm not a fan of skating games at all and I thought the demo was fun.

I would never buy the game, but I found the control scheme interesting.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 15, 2007, 02:52 PM

by brother is into skateboarding, and does it in real life, and according to him and his firends this game kicks Tony Hawk's ass.

The demo has some odd physics issues at times though One of his friends pulled this off the other day:

skate. - Launching in the Air

-Owl

Naaaaak
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 2007, 03:51 AM

I expected this game to be EA's version of Tony Hawk so I expected similar everything. One button to jump, one button to do a grab, etc.

This demo surprised me in how much of an original effort it was. By comparison the latest Tony Hawk demo looks lame.
To be determined later.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 17, 2007, 10:18 AM

Skate came out on Friday and I suggest that everyone who enjoyed the demo buy the game. It's really good.
If anyone bought it and would like to play a game of Own the Spot or something sometime, my gamertag is emdeesee. Hopefully EA's servers speed up soon because it was fairly laggy yesterday and I constantly got knocked off.

Great game though. I have one or two issues with the controls and how difficult it is to pull off certain flips, especially when the challenge requires you to.

klb5090  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 17, 2007, 07:28 PM

also picked up skate on friday and it is truly awesome. anyone who played any tony hawk game this game is far and beyond any of the THPS since THPS2. The actual game is even more realistic and smooth then the demo i was addicted too. I'm also down for some xbox live
Gamertag : Kevin Bogues

Forum Links
Forum Rules