Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > A little request

A little request
iranfromthezoo
Senior User
Aug 27, 2006, 10:44 PM

Hey guys I know this is meant to be light hearted and stuff but I just needed somewhere to vent.

No one that is "close to me" is not here. I am just asking for your thoughts and prayers if that is okay. My heart is just in so much agony and my pain is so indescribable. I don't know why...it's just I feel so alone in a room full of people...like i have no connectedness with them. My dad who has been out of my life for practically my whole life is trying to start a relationship with me but it is usually just a silent stare because he doesn't understand anything about me and I can't understand a single thing about him. There is this girl who I am madly in love with...she brings the joy to my life but she will leave in may for the university of arizona which I will be stuck in Nashville...

Why do I feel this way...I have everything going for me...I know I am loved and well liked...I just don't have relationships with the people that matter the most to me..

My job is incredible I travel all over the us to go to concerts and hang out with bands (band marketing and merch guy)

but seriously if it is okay just think of me in your thoughts and prayers....I am just in a point of my life where I don't know if up is truly up and down is truly down.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 27, 2006, 10:51 PM

Don't worry about it dude... ...we all have these moments. It'll pass.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 27, 2006, 11:00 PM

It sounds like you may be having a mild anxiety attack? Like Doofy said, the feeling will pass.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 27, 2006, 11:15 PM

Dude, if you are serious about this, why did you post it in the PWL of all places ?
This is almost to much of a flamebait for some to sit still.

My tip: go to a church / synagogue / temple of your liking and talk to somebody.

-t

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 27, 2006, 11:29 PM

Sometimes I accidentally post threads in the PL which were intended for the lounge. iran probably did the same thing.

Speaking of Iran...

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 28, 2006, 12:08 AM

You'll appreciate the fact that your father is in your life. Maybe not now, but you will.

Oddly enough, my girlfriend went away to college - back when I was about 22. I kinda lost touch with her, but looking back, it probably affected my life in a good way. I moved away (from Nashville) , not long after she left. Then, 17 years later, I moved about an hour north of Nashville. My mother was participating in a experimental arthritis treatment - which, much to my surprise was being administered by the girlfriend I hadn't seen in 17 years.

It's funny how you remember people as being the same age *forever*. She looked nothing like I remembered her. Well, the fact that she was like 38 had something to do with it. We went out a few times and talked about our lives. And, dude, she had a boring life. Thank God I didn't spend 17 years married to her. Turns out her husband went to some 3rd world country for some sort of church missionary thingy - and ended up staying there...because he met some woman he really liked.

Anyway, I had a point to make but it got lost in translation.

Take it from this old guy - everything happens for a reason. A damn good reason. It may take you decades to finally realize it.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 28, 2006, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by iranfromthezoo
but seriously if it is okay just think of me in your thoughts and prayers....I am just in a point of my life where I don't know if up is truly up and down is truly down.
I'm thinkin' about ya brother. It's all good.
ebuddy

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 28, 2006, 08:29 AM

Maybe you're clinically depressed?

If you're drinking more than usual that might be the problem also - I know that alcohol depresses me for a couple of days if I drink it too much.

Why not move to Arizona? What's holding you back?

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 28, 2006, 10:07 AM

Take a deep breath and relax. Getting too wrapped up in how bad things feel right now KEEPS them feeling bad.

And remember, you're surrounded by people who want to help you, both physically, and in the odd, Internet kind of sense, by MacNN. Really.

I posted a little while back about my cat, and people came out strong to support me. It still hurts, but less because so many people who've never met me expressed their sympathy. It helped a lot. So look at all the folks who've come out and told you they're rooting for you-whether in so many words or not-and take comfort in that.

And breathe, ok? Just breathe. Things get better.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

iranfromthezoo  (op)
Senior User
Aug 28, 2006, 11:29 AM

you guys are awesome..thanks... cody I don't drink (under 21) yes I obey the law because if I don't I get fired from my job...

things are much better...it was just a rough weekend and I needed to be surrounded by people who understood the situation....

It's not easy for me to let this stuff go but im working on it.

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 28, 2006, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy
It's funny how you remember people as being the same age *forever*. She looked nothing like I remembered her. Well, the fact that she was like 38 had something to do with it. We went out a few times and talked about our lives. And, dude, she had a boring life. Thank God I didn't spend 17 years married to her. Turns out her husband went to some 3rd world country for some sort of church missionary thingy - and ended up staying there...because he met some woman he really liked.
You still shagged her though right?

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 28, 2006, 07:08 PM

No way. You've seen my girlfriend, right?

There's nobody that hot.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 28, 2006, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy
No way. You've seen my girlfriend, right?
There's nobody that hot.

-t

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 28, 2006, 07:28 PM

(this post has self destructed)

too much hotness.
( Last edited by Spliffdaddy; Aug 28, 2006 at 07:54 PM. )

moodymonster
Mac Elite
Aug 28, 2006, 08:14 PM

I don't really have any words of wisdom, but wish you well.

I find life is a series of peaks and troughs, and some people's troughs are deeper than others.

but then there are the peaks...

...and it can be that it's only when we're out of a trough that realise we were in one.

anyway, rooting for ya, fella

Forum Links
Forum Rules