Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Diablo III leaks?

Diablo III leaks?
nigeljedi
Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2001, 12:30 AM

I know there are people here who always seem to have the latest, greatest news on all that is Mac...so, any word of a Diablo III? I really enjoyed DII, but I'm anxiously awaiting a DIII. I know there is an expansion pack for DII, but I'd think Blizzard would be itching to give gamers a whole new adventure...
Any thoughts?

------------------
Enjoy Sunny Graphics/Illustration

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
May 4, 2001, 04:18 AM

wait a couple of years...after Warcraft 3

------------------
"Imagine the disincentive to software development if after months of work another company could come along and copy your work and market it under its own name...without legal restraints to such copying, companies like Apple could not afford to advance the state of the art."
- Bill Gates, 1983 (New York Times, 25 Sep 1983, p. F2)
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Archangel
Mac Elite
May 4, 2001, 12:19 PM

Uh, you will definitely be waiting many years for this game. They have to finish Warcraft 3 which won't be until the end of this year, and then I'm sure they will be moving right on to Starcraft 2. SC2 will probably take them 2 years to finish, so I'm predicting a D3 (if it is even done) sometime in the year 2004 or 2005)

------------------
I got a yellow slinky from Outpost.com

mac freak
Mac Elite
May 4, 2001, 05:11 PM

Actually, Bliz will take on two entirely different projects after War3 and the D2X (or so I've heard) -- a first-person shooter of some sort, and a Diablo-based MMORPG.

But who knows, I might be dead wrong...

------------------
Be Happy.
Be happy.

Archangel
Mac Elite
May 4, 2001, 06:44 PM

What are you saying? They aren't going to be making a SC2? If so, where did you find this information? I would be really really really really really really disappointed in SC2 is not made. Not to mention I think Bliz would be really freakin' stupid not to do it.

------------------
I got a yellow slinky from Outpost.com

Chimpmaster
Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2001, 08:25 PM

Keep in mind that warcraft 3 is meant to be a rts/rpg hyprid. It will have more role playing elements to it and be likely to satisfy diablo and starcraft fans alike.

I am very excited about it, but will have to make do with brood wars and diablo II for now.

Cant wait for the d2 expansion, btw.

MacBook Alu, 13", 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 256MB video
G5 Imac, 17", 1.9Ghz, 1.5GB RAM, 128MB video, built in isight, airport and bluetooth
Indigo iBook, 366mhz; 320MB RAM; CD; FW; Airport

Forum Links
Forum Rules