Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Iran President: Israel Will Soon Disappear

Iran President: Israel Will Soon Disappear
Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Oct 20, 2006, 03:56 PM

Sounds like a pretty direct and unambiguous declaration of immenent genocidal intent. Even Hitler, YM"SH, wasn't this direct:

(CBS/AP) Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Friday that Israel no longer had any reason to exist and would soon disappear.

"This regime, thanks to God, has lost the reason for its existence," Ahmadinejad told a crowd of thousands gathered at a rally in support of the Palestinians in the capital Tehran.

"Efforts to stabilize this fake (Israeli) regime, by the grace of God, have completely failed... You should believe that this regime is disappearing," he said.

Ahmadinejad also called Israeli leaders a "group of terrorists" and threatened any country that supports the Jewish state, as millions of Iranians took to the streets for anti-Israel protests.

"You imposed a group of terrorists ... on the region," Ahmadinejad said, addressing the U.S. and its allies. "It is in your own interest to distance yourself from these criminals... This is an ultimatum. Don't complain tomorrow."

"Nations will take revenge," he told hundreds of thousands of supporters at a pro-Palestinian rally in the capital Tehran.

Ahmadinejad also called the U.N. Security Council "illegitimate," ahead of diplomats' planned circulation of a draft resolution on Iran next week.

Millions of Iranians took part in rallies held in every major city across Iran for "Al-Quds Day," the Arabic name for Jerusalem. Many became anti-American protests as well, criticizing U.S. support for Israel.

In 1981, the late Iranian leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini declared the last Friday of the Islamic fasting month of Ramadan as "Al-Quds Day," a day of protest to show the importance of Jerusalem to Muslims. Jerusalem is the third holiest site in Islam after the Saudi Arabian cities of Mecca and Medina.

A banner in Tehran carried a quote from the late Iranian leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini: "Quds is part of Islam's body."

Protests were also planned in Egypt and Lebanon.

The frequent saber rattling by the Iranian president has raised growing concerns in Israel about Iran's nuclear program, reports CBS News correspondent Robert Berger. Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said this week that Iran would have to pay a price, hinting broadly that Israel might launch a pre-emptive strike against the nuclear facilities. Some analysts say the only way Israel could launch a successful strike against Iran's well-fortified facilities, is to use its own tactical nuclear weapons.

Iranians "have to be afraid" of the consequences of their intransigence," Olmert told reporters on his way home from Moscow. "They have to understand that if they object to every compromise, there will be a price to pay."

A draft U.N. resolution on Iran is expected to be introduced in the Security Council early next week, and diplomats have said they would seek limited sanctions on Tehran for refusing to suspend uranium enrichment — a key process that can produce either fuel for a nuclear reactor or the material for a warhead.

On Friday, Ahmadinejad called the U.N. Security Council and its decisions "illegitimate" as long as it was dominated by the U.S. and Britain.

"What sort of Security Council is this? The whole world knows that the U.S. and Britain are enemies of the Iranian nation," he said.

The United States and Britain — along with France, Russia and China — have power to veto any Security Council measures.

"The time is over for such logic. Under such circumstances, the Security Council is illegitimate and its decisions are illegitimate," Ahmadinejad said, drawing chants of "Death to America" from the crowd.

Ahmadinejad has said the Nazis' slaughter of 6 million Jews during World War II was a myth, and that Israel should be wiped off the map or moved to Germany or the United States.

He warned Friday that the U.S. and other supporters of Israel were accomplices in Israeli attacks against Palestinians.

"Any crime committed (by Israel) today, any house demolished ... it will be the direct responsibility of the supporters of this (Israeli) regime ... This regime has nothing for you but loss," he said.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 20, 2006, 04:12 PM

heh. Israel will far outlast Iran.

yakkiebah
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2006, 04:29 PM

Not only that he also threatens Europe for it's support for Israel.

Iran says Europe may get hurt for backing Israel
TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Friday Europe was stirring up hatred in the Middle East by supporting Israel and warned it "may get hurt" if anger in the region boiled over.

"You should believe that this regime (Israel) cannot last and has no more benefit to you. What benefit have you got in supporting this regime, except the hatred of the nations?" he said in a speech broadcast on state radio.

"We have advised the Europeans that the Americans are far away, but you are the neighbors of the nations in this region. We inform you that the nations are like an ocean that is welling up, and if a storm begins, the dimensions will not stay limited to Palestine, and you may get hurt."
How many more warning signs do we need before we start to deal with this idiot?

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 20, 2006, 04:31 PM

So what's Europe gonna do about this problem?

Americans can't do anything right, so don't look to us for a solution.

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2006, 04:32 PM

This is the middle-east's problem.

Rumor
Oct 20, 2006, 04:34 PM

When need to send in lots of sheep that are armed with explosives.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

art_director
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2006, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy View Post
We definitely can't help while President Trustfund is at the helm.

yakkiebah
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2006, 04:39 PM

So what's Europe gonna do about this problem?

We wait until it's too late. Eventually the US liberates Europe and after a buch of years Europeans start to blame the US for acting too late. A bit like WW2 and Kosovo.

art_director
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2006, 04:44 PM

Maybe we could send them one of the Bush twins in trade for peace. I say send the plump one.

TheWOAT
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 20, 2006, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by art_director View Post
Maybe we could send them one of the Bush twins in trade for peace. I say send the plump one.
I think we should just send in your wife, since Iranians might appreciate her obviously lower standards.

art_director
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2006, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by TheWOAT View Post
I think we should just send in your wife, since Iranians might appreciate her obviously lower standards.
Aren't you clever...not...

probablecause
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 20, 2006, 05:43 PM

Let's just drop a nuke or two on em. Why did we make all those bombs? To gather dust in the silos? Much cheaper than sending in troops, installing puppet governments etc.

TheWOAT
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 20, 2006, 05:43 PM

Aren't you clever...not...
Yeah, kinda corny... Ill do better next time, I promise.

I just think the world needs the Bush twins, women who love to drink and probably could afford to pick up the tab as well.

As for Iranian President person, I can't help but be reminded of Mike Wallace's fluff piece on him. He did ask a couple tough questions, but let him off the hook each time. Sean Penn also comes to mind...

art_director
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2006, 05:48 PM

I just think the world needs the Bush twins, women who love to drink and probably could afford to pick up the tab as well.
You have redeemed yourself.

As for Iranian President person, I can't help but be reminded of Mike Wallace's fluff piece on him. He did ask a couple tough questions, but let him off the hook each time. Sean Penn also comes to mind...
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a complete nutjob. But then so is Bush.

art_director
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2006, 05:48 PM

Sean Penn solidified his place in the Moron Hall of Fame when he started shooting at helicopters during his wedding to Madonna.

Big Mac  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 20, 2006, 05:50 PM

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a complete nutjob. But then so is Bush.
You honestly think Bush is nuts? And you find equivalence between the two of them?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

TheWOAT
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 20, 2006, 05:53 PM

Sean Penn solidified his place in the Moron Hall of Fame when he started shooting at helicopters during his wedding to Madonna.
I also remember the pictures of him in Iran where he was 'frontin' like he was a rebellious teenager wearing weathered jeans, a white T and aviator glasses, like someone straight out of "The Outsiders"... He really really tries too hard. He is the GOAT Moron.

art_director
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2006, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
You honestly think Bush is nuts?
'Nuts' might be strong but anyone who honestly believes god put him in the White House has a tenuous grasp on reality. I also find his inability to admit fault or mistake to be half-cocked.

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
And you find equivalence between the two of them?
Their delusional views of their power make the comparison just, IMO. I think that history will judge Bush as being among the worst leaders this nation has had.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 20, 2006, 06:09 PM

Ok, now *NOW* you've crossed the line. Don't make me reach through your monitor screen and wring your scrawny neck.

She ain't 'plump', you blind doofus. She is freakin' HAWT.

Now take back what you said about the lovely Jenna Bush.

art_director
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2006, 06:22 PM

Ok, now *NOW* you've crossed the line. Don't make me reach through your monitor screen and wring your scrawny neck.

She ain't 'plump', you blind doofus. She is freakin' HAWT.

Now take back what you said about the lovely Jenna Bush.
When owners of all-you-can-eat buffets see her coming they lock the doors. She doesn't even qualify for 'Ruebenesque' -- she's too damn big.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 20, 2006, 06:26 PM

blasphemer

Sayf-Allah
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 20, 2006, 06:30 PM

Ah, loving this. The Iranian president is doing his best at baiting the West to attack him. The US won't do it because they are stuck in Iraq for the next few years. Europe won't do anything (as usual) and Russia/China will continue to support Iran economically and militarily.

And since it's a win-win situation for Iran no matter what happens this will continue. If no one does anything except the usual empty threats the Iranian president is more liked by the Iranian people and the ME people. Simply because he stands up to the Western hegemony. If anyone attacks (at this moment) Iran is in a situation where they can start the long awaited war in the ME.

An attack on Iran would lead to Iraq being even more unstable than it is now. US would lose ground there and control. Iraq would split up along sectarian lines. Turkey wouldn't like an independent Kurdistan in place and would act with the same terror as they usually do. Sunni Iraq would be supported by Saudi Arabia which would see another chance of spreading their extremist version of Islam. While the US is trying to figure out a way to get out of this mess they started Lebanon (read Hezbollah), Syria, Jordan, and the Northern African nations would attack Israel. When the dust settles everyone is worse off but his goal of uniting the Muslim ummah in the end would be the result on the ME side.

What's worst about this? The West is falling for it like a five year old child falls for an old pedophile offering ice-cream.

"Learn to swim"

deomacius
Senior User
Oct 20, 2006, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sayf-Allah View Post
Blah, blah, blah.

What's worst about this? The West is falling for it like a five year old child falls for an old pedophile offering ice-cream.
Insight into the mind of a twisted person...

You reap what you sow.

marden
Baninated
Oct 20, 2006, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar² View Post
This is the middle-east's problem.
Until the repercussions of it reaches out and touches your asses!

But you can't grasp that. Well good luck with the big elephant legged Crayola sized intellectual concepts thingy!

[Bogart]Here's laughing at YOU, kids![/Bogart]

Rumor
Oct 20, 2006, 06:49 PM

I wasn't able to find a really good picture of the twins together. They're not bad looking and seem to be following in thier father's footsteps. I also found pictures of Jenna's bush while looking for this.

( Last edited by Rumor; Oct 20, 2006 at 07:01 PM. )

marden
Baninated
Oct 20, 2006, 06:52 PM

When owners of all-you-can-eat buffets see her coming they lock the doors. She doesn't even qualify for 'Ruebenesque' -- she's too damn big.
Originally Posted by art_director
I can always find a reason to rip on the federal government.
But rather than showing a little class by restricting your criticism to the President, you go after his FAMILY.

You are a real piece of work.

Sky Captain
Mac Elite
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning
Oct 20, 2006, 06:54 PM

It's the leftist way. Attack the person. If their conservative.
Remember there are no fat-ugly leftists. Just perfect Utopians.
Perfect.
All men are created equal, but what they do after that point puts them on a sliding scale.

Rumor
Oct 20, 2006, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sky Captain View Post
It's the leftist way. Attack the person. If their conservative.
Remember there are no fat-ugly leftists. Just perfect Utopians.
Perfect.
There's fat and ugly any direction you look. Most "beautiful" people stay out of politics, especially women.

Sky Captain
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2006, 06:58 PM

Yeah I know.
But some people...
All men are created equal, but what they do after that point puts them on a sliding scale.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 20, 2006, 06:58 PM

Since when is Kate Beckinsale one of the Bush twins?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

marden
Baninated
Oct 20, 2006, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
There's fat and ugly any direction you look. Most "beautiful" people stay out of politics, especially women.
We never condoned criticisms of Chelsea Clinton. Why? Family members, especially the children, are off limits to those with scruples.

Rumor
Oct 20, 2006, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by marden View Post
We never condoned criticisms of Chelsea Clinton. Why? Family members, especially the children, are off limits to those with scruples.
Um, ok.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2006, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sayf-Allah View Post
If no one does anything except the usual empty threats the Iranian president is more liked by the Iranian people and the ME people.
If that's true, what does it say about the Iranian and ME people? The West has rejected Bush and Blair. The West has rejected the invasion of Iraq by huge margins. Even two-thirds of Americans reject it. Why don't the people of Iran and the ME reject this demagogue? Or, perhaps you're wrong and they do reject him, and it's just you who likes him?

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2006, 07:19 PM

Until the repercussions of it reaches out and touches your asses!

But you can't grasp that. Well good luck with the big elephant legged Crayola sized intellectual concepts thingy!

[Bogart]Here's laughing at YOU, kids![/Bogart]
I hadn't posted that trying to bait you, but I did realize later you'd probably be all over it, thinking I was serious.

Thanks for being predictable.

Sayf-Allah
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 20, 2006, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by BRussell View Post
If that's true, what does it say about the Iranian and ME people? The West has rejected Bush and Blair. The West has rejected the invasion of Iraq. Why don't the people of Iran and the ME reject this demagogue?
It's not about one person. Meaning it's not about Bush, Blair or Achmadinejad. It's about the general policies conducted by each nation. Both Bush and Blair have just continued the policy of supporting Western hegemony over the ME. Both have continued the policy of supporting the acts of Israel. And the list goes on of policies these two perpetuate and there will be no change in those policies after the next elections.

Same goes for Achmadinejad. He's simply doing what a politician in the ME needs to do to stay popular. He talks against the West, he baits them and shows that he can continue to do so without any repercussions. This keeps him popular.

It's not about rejecting a person. It's about rejecting policies and at the moment the policies that threaten the ME people most are the policies of Israel and it's supporters. Remove that threat and the ME people can start dealing with the next set of problems they face. That next threat is people like Achmadinejad.

(I hope you understand what I mean. )

"Learn to swim"

Sky Captain
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2006, 07:47 PM

The acts of Israel?
Oh you mean defending against destruction.
Yes, I see how that upsets the ME.
Especially Islamists.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Oct 20, 2006, 07:52 PM

What about Hilary Clinton? Was she off limits when she was first lady?

tie
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2006, 08:00 PM

How about we bomb Iraq back to the stone age? That'll shut this guy up.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 20, 2006, 08:02 PM

Chelsea Clinton is ugly. And she's got a police record as long as your arm.

(edited: you missed your chance to point out an error I made. Prolly won't get this chance again anytime soon. I must have confused Chelsea Clinton with Amy Carter...understandable, since they're both dog-ugly daughters of Democrat presidents. On a related note, we never seem to hear about Al Gore's son, either. A DUI on a freakin military base, and a reckless driving arrest for going 97mph the year before his DUI.)

Jenna and Barbara are hot hot hot - and only one of them has allegedly tried to buy booze with a fake ID.
( Last edited by Spliffdaddy; Oct 20, 2006 at 08:49 PM. )

marden
Baninated
Oct 20, 2006, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
What about Hilary Clinton? Was she off limits when she was first lady?
Just as Ann Coulter pointed out with criticism of the Jersey Girls when they stepped into the arena of partisan politics, Hillary Clinton was never JUST a family member, she was co-sub-President. And as such she was fair game.

marden
Baninated
Oct 20, 2006, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
Um, ok.
No one would object to your ogling them or saying nice, complimentary things, but criticism is a no no, I'd think.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Oct 20, 2006, 09:26 PM

No one would object to your ogling them or saying nice, complimentary things, but criticism is a no no, I'd think.
So, this comment by Spliffdaddy is a no no, you'd think?

Chelsea Clinton is ugly.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 20, 2006, 09:49 PM

I don't care what anybody thinks about my opinion.

Are you suggesting Chelsea Clinton is pretty?

Didn't think so.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2006, 10:10 PM

I don't care what anybody thinks about my opinion.

Didn't think so.
All of God's children are beautiful. Besides, looks who's talking. You ain't much of a looker yourself.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Oct 20, 2006, 10:24 PM

No less so than either of the Bush girls. I find both to be rather meh.

TheWOAT
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 20, 2006, 10:41 PM

Chelsea is around my age, so I can say that I do not find her attractive, while the Bush daughters, as well, I do not find attractive (although in certain pictures they show promise). IIRC, Gore had some decent looking daughters, no? This topic should really be explored in multiple, large jpeg, spirited discussion type threads.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 20, 2006, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
All of God's children are beautiful. Besides, looks who's talking. You ain't much of a looker yourself.
oh please.

I'm a damn good looking guy.

There's really nothing about me that could be improved to any significant extent.

I'm at least 50 times better looking than any Clinton.

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 20, 2006, 10:52 PM

I'd say she has "off beat good looks", which means she's good looking for an ugly person.

Still pick her in a second over the Bush twins.

Even if I got both of them.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 20, 2006, 11:00 PM

Al Gore's daughter >

edit: I think she's the one on the left

The lovely Chelsea Clinton - aka "subego's girl" >

The Bush twins>

Jenna

Barbara

I rest my case

TheWOAT
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 20, 2006, 11:18 PM

But can Chelsea get hyphy? Didnt think so.

Forum Links
Forum Rules