Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Macbook Pro wakes up from sleep wierd

Macbook Pro wakes up from sleep wierd
reemas
Senior User
Nov 2, 2008, 06:36 PM

Sometimes when I open my MBP lid (this is the brand new all aluminum macbook) I get a frozen desktop with these weird bars that go from left to right. Looks like the macbook is powering up or something. then everything is back to normal.

does anyone know what this is and why it only happens on my macboook and never on my iMac?

Cold Warrior
Nov 2, 2008, 06:38 PM

How long does it last? If it's just a couple seconds, it's just the GPU power up. The bars are indicative of GPU operations -- usually a malfunction if they stick around but a couple seconds as the machine wakes up doesn't appear abnormal.

reemas  (op)
Senior User
Nov 2, 2008, 06:40 PM

i'd say like 10-15 seconds? this doesnt always happen, but usually after sleep periods of more than a couple hours.

Cold Warrior
Nov 2, 2008, 06:41 PM

10-15 seconds is too long. I'd return it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules