Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > The crap my school sends me...

The crap my school sends me...
anthonyvthc
Mac Enthusiast
May 2, 2004, 11:09 PM

Every day I get so much junk in my school email box (including several "Your mailbox is over the size limit..." ones...
Here is today's jewel:

"Be aware that the Library computer lab has run out of toner. we have ordered more but if you need to print anything out please go to the marcucella lab.

Please print sensibly.

Thank You,

Christopher Moran
Computer Lab Supervisor"

As life-altering as this has been for me, I'm sure you guys are twice as moved...

RedStar
Mac Enthusiast
May 2, 2004, 11:31 PM

The internet has run out of text.

Please refrain from typing until this is resolved.

Thanks,
Internet management

dillerX
Professional Poster
May 2, 2004, 11:32 PM

punt.
I tried to sig-spam the forums.
ADVANTAGE Motorsports Marketing, Inc. • speedXdesign, Inc.

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
May 2, 2004, 11:34 PM

I'm guessing that he/she sent that email out after a few hundred people asked him the exact same question.

Isn't it finals time? Sounds rather normal, but I'm so far out of college, it reminds me of a faint memory...

anthonyvthc  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 2, 2004, 11:36 PM

Originally posted by mitchell_pgh:
I'm guessing that he/she sent that email out after a few hundred people asked him the exact same question.

Isn't it finals time? Sounds rather normal, but I'm so far out of college, it reminds me of a faint memory...
My point is that there is just a ton of crap clogging everyone's email. He could just have easily put a sign on the printer.
My school sucks in so many ways; this is just one of them. Two weeks till graduation...

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
May 2, 2004, 11:50 PM

so why did you go there?

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

Ω
Mac Elite
May 3, 2004, 02:00 AM

I actually thought it was amusing.

But I guess the "You have failed the internet" crowd have passed judgement, therefore

Jaey
Mac Elite
May 3, 2004, 02:06 AM

Originally posted by _?_:
But I guess the "You have failed the internet" crowd have passed judgement, therefore
I almost beat the internet once.

It's true though. My school sends me a ton of crap that I don't need to read. Especially all of their tech problems that they refuse to let me fix.

Ω
Mac Elite
May 3, 2004, 03:31 AM

I send out the virus warnings to people where I work, and I am using a mac. Not sure what the IT department is doing, but when you are telling them that something nasty has surfaced (days ago)...

Mac Elite
May 3, 2004, 04:52 AM

What kind of library would run out of toner??

My school isn't bad for this. The only junk I get from them is from my student union.. i have no freaking clue how they got me email, and frankly I wish they would stop bothering me.

Also around election time for SU president I got a whole bunch of election spam from the candidates. I think it's pretty obvious who I didn't vote for.

Grrr....

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
May 3, 2004, 11:13 AM

Originally posted by _?_:
I send out the virus warnings to people where I work, and I am using a mac. Not sure what the IT department is doing, but when you are telling them that something nasty has surfaced (days ago)...
when i am not studying in college, i am an IT administrator. the worst thing is arriving at work and some user has decided to inform every member of the company that there is a new virus out.
sorry, i just had to say that

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
May 3, 2004, 11:22 AM

just wait until you get the one/two punch of alumni spam and alumni junk mail...

soul searching
Mac Elite
May 3, 2004, 11:32 AM

Originally posted by Jaey:
I almost beat the internet once.

Did you have trouble with the end guy? I hear he's hard.

Originally posted by Timo:
just wait until you get the one/two punch of alumni spam and alumni junk mail...
I never got junk email from my school until after I graduated. Now I get a few every month.

"I think of lotteries as a tax on the mathematically challenged." -- Roger Jones

Forum Links
Forum Rules