Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Whenever in 9.1, my finder keeps crashing with Toast 5.01!!!!

Whenever in 9.1, my finder keeps crashing with Toast 5.01!!!!
bcar473
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 13, 2001, 12:57 AM

I just loaded Roxio Toast 5.01 Titanium on my OS 9.1 Partition of my hard drive (I have OS X on the other partition), it keeps doing goofy stuff that I have NEVER seen on a mac! Like: it will have the finder crash for the strangest stuff and will not do anything except give me messages that the finder has crashed. I can go to anything on the toolbar or try to open anything because they will all close and leave me with the original screen that my GUI had when the crash started.... I run disk tools and disk first aid (booting from OS9 disk) and find nothing! It tells me that my HD is fine!

Has anyone else experienced this? I am running a dual G4 450 with 384 MBs of Ram and have dual partitions of OS 9.1 and OS X.

Aussiemac
Mac Enthusiast
May 13, 2001, 05:50 PM

Go to control panel and select extention manager,go to 9.1 all and make a copy,scroll down and click toast extentions,restart.
if this works one of your other third party extentions is coflicting with toast.
you will have to change back to your full extentions after you have burned your disk.
in your full extentions you can unclick the toast extentions when you are not burning a disk to stop crashing or find the other third party extention that is causing the problem,and take it of your system.
Aussiemac
iMac 21.5"-2.4GHz i5, 15"-2.66 i7 MacBook Pro, iMac Bondi G3/233 (still working), HTC Desire, Golf V GTI DSG

bcar473  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 14, 2001, 12:37 AM

thanks, I will try it.....does anyone know when they will be releasing Toast for OSX?

PowerBookDude
May 16, 2001, 08:51 AM

Originally posted by bcar473:
does anyone know when they will be releasing Toast for OSX?
Read this article http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0105/10.roxio.shtml

We hope to release a version of Toast 5 Titanium that supports OS X this summer

PBDude

sek929
Posting Junkie
May 20, 2001, 11:08 AM

With my CD-RW (a Lacie) I disabled the Toast USB support extension and it works alot better not, the general USB manager included in the OS works it fine. But in order to read CDs you need the Toast CD reader.

Of course this is all if you have a USB burner, which are problematic anyways.

O well, hope this helps a smidge.

------------------

bcar473  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 21, 2001, 10:46 AM

My setup is a firewire drive, so USB isn't an issue, but if I should shut down the USB extension then I will....

gray
May 21, 2001, 06:46 PM

Have you change the memory alotment, and have you done anything with the RAM Cache under your prefs? I found giving Toast at least 32 MB of RAM and adjusting the RAM Cache to 16 MB help the performance of my writing. I am using both a fast scsi and a firewire drive (on different machines).

Forum Links
Forum Rules