Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTT: 12" 1.33 PB G4 for windows laptop

WTT: 12" 1.33 PB G4 for windows laptop
mxpiazza
Forum Regular
Dec 10, 2004, 07:45 PM

I just transfred schools, and I need a windows laptop, so I am looking to trade. here are the specs:

12" Powerbook G4
1.33 GHz G4 processor
768 RAM
60 GB HDD
CD-RW/DVD combo drive
801.11g airport extreme
bluetooth
purchased september 2004
the computer is in great cosmetic shape

i'll take any offers on a comparable trade, and am willing to give/take cash as needed. i would like to get a dell 700m or a sony S270 or TR series, but am willing to listen on basically anything. email me or reply here with offers. i am willing to take cash offers on it, but would really rather work out a trade.

i have ebay feedback under "hoehnen.3" and am at 79, all positives. i have bought and sold on these and MacRumors forums, so no worries.

mubach
Dec 10, 2004, 10:50 PM

I have a HP pavilion ze5170 that I am willing to trade
2ghz pentium 4 processor
512mb RAM
40gig hard drive
CD-RW/DVD combo drive
Windows XP home
32mb ATI Mobility M6 graphics card
15" LCD
has two PCMICA cards so that in the event that you needed to add wifi you can
As a bonus I'll also include legal discs of Sims (original), Medal of Honor (alllied assualt), and Age of Mythology, since I can't play these on OS X.
----
Includes everything including the software/OS restore dics.
Little sign of wear, I hardly took it mobile and is not being used since I got my iMac G5
I am located in California, USA (if that helps)

if interested PM me or email me
mubach [at] gmail [dot] com

I've sold to another macNN user, "Zilla" he can vouch for me in terms of reliabilty etc
( Last edited by mubach; Dec 10, 2004 at 11:24 PM. )

mxpiazza  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 11, 2004, 12:29 AM

those systems are going for $680 Buy It Now on eBay, and can be had for less then that on normal auctions. seeing that the 1.33 GHz 12" is the top processor powerbook for that screen size, and my config, with 768 RAM, is selling new from apple for $1899 before tax, and used on ebay anywhere between $1400-$1500, so i am looking for a bit more in a trade.

i would accept $1450 shipped for the laptop, negotiable based on circumstances.

Geoff Thompson
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2004, 02:47 AM

How about a trade for a Gateway 7410GX? Its a rebadge of the eMachines M6805 A64 notebook.
A64-m 3000+
768MB PC2700 ddr
60GB hdd, 4200rpm w/8mb cache
Radeon 9600 mobility, w/64mb ddr ram
Broadcom 802.11g wifi
CDRW/DVD combo drive
15.4" Widescreen
About 7lbs weight and 2.5-3hr battery life...

I purchased it a few weeks ago. Actually its kinda funny because my original intent when I went to CompUSA that day was to get an iBook. Its a really nice machine, practically brand new, and no cosmetic issues, white spots on screen, dead pixels, etc. I also purchased a 2yr warranty with screen protection from CompUSA when I bought it. I think that its a reasonable trade for the powerbook, with me probably adding some cash in addition.. If you are interested give me a PM.

mxpiazza  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 11, 2004, 06:35 PM

with the service plan and the RAM you added, its a nice deal, i'm just looking for something a bit more sexy... if i have to go back to the dark side, iat least want a taste of the apple style. thanks for the offer though, it was a good one.

Maseeh
Forum Regular
Dec 11, 2004, 08:55 PM

Originally posted by mxpiazza:
with the service plan and the RAM you added, its a nice deal, i'm just looking for something a bit more sexy... if i have to go back to the dark side, iat least want a taste of the apple style. thanks for the offer though, it was a good one.

Explain Sexy

mxpiazza  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 12, 2004, 01:31 AM

like style wise... e.g. the sony TR series and S270 series, and the dell 700m... look at those systems compared to the plain old black plastic systems that are the wintel norms, and you see the sex appeal, which apple is #1 in, yet many pc makers are trying to emulate.

Maseeh
Forum Regular
Dec 12, 2004, 02:09 AM

Tryin to pick up the ladies i see

heh, jp, good luck

Cross
Forum Regular
Dec 17, 2004, 09:29 PM

I offered you two, lol at mac rumors.

Dell 9100 Laptop new and a Think Pad T40,
"I see you have the ring and I see that your Schwartz is as big as mine." -- Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

I stayed up one night playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and 4 people died.

Forum Links
Forum Rules