Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > AppleWorks 6.0 Font Problem

AppleWorks 6.0 Font Problem
voltsxamps
Apr 5, 2000, 07:24 AM

Recently I installed Appleworks 6.0 on my Wallstreet Powerbook G3 running OS9. It works fine and no problems found. However, when I installed the Appleworks 6.0 software on my PowerMac G3 running on OS 8.6, I now find that my default Times font has taken on a new appearance and does not print as clearly as it did before Appleworks 6.0 install. I've tried replacing the Times font from my Powerbook font folder, but the result is the same. Has anyone had a similar experience and if so, have they solved it?

Linda
Apr 5, 2000, 10:04 AM

Volt,

Look everywhere through your System Folder for more than one copy of the Times font. I've seen various configurations in clients' Fonts folders, most often there is an extra copy (or three) lurking in suitcases called things like "WordPerfect required fonts" or "Equation Editor required fonts" or "Illustration required fonts" or some such thing...

Feel free to remove Times from any of these folders--you only need, in fact, only WANT, one copy of Times open.

The difference in screen draw *may* be due to the fact that a Type 1 version of Times was installed, and you may have been used to seeing the TrueType version. If you dont' have ATM installed on your computer, the Type 1 version will look jagged on-screen when used at other than the supplied screen font sizes.

Please post back (or email me) if you would like more assistance than these few cryptic paragraphs provide.

Linda

Forum Links
Forum Rules