Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > MacOS 9.04 + Airport Installer

MacOS 9.04 + Airport Installer
gmsmith
Forum Regular
Apr 5, 2000, 12:27 AM

Had a bit of a problem today...

I downloaded the OS 9.04 update from Apple's web site (SU still doesn't see it). And then (I was doing a complete reformat and install) I tried to install the Airport Software (1.1) but it wouldn't let me install on the HD...said I needed MacOS 8.6 or better (I would hope 9.04 is better)

Anyone else have this problem?

wpackard
Apr 5, 2000, 10:56 AM

Take a look at the volume it's trying to install on. I noticed after installing 9.0.4 that the DVD player installer defaulted to my MacOS X HFS volume instead of the normal MacOS 9 boot volume (so of course I got the message you describe). Simply changing the target to my MacOS 9 volume fixed the problem. It took a second to notice this because I've never seen the installer default to the wrong volume before.

HTH...

Wayne Packard
[email protected]

gmsmith  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 5, 2000, 12:17 PM

I only have one volume on this machine

Thanks for the idea though.

Peace,
G

wdecker
Apr 7, 2000, 12:30 PM

Go to http://asu.info.apple.com/swupdates.nsf/artnum/n11570 and dowloaded the Airport 1.1 installer from there. It works with 9.0.4.

Good luck,

West

mrfezzy
Apr 7, 2000, 01:49 PM

Restart with shift key down. Then Install. I had to do this with both DVD 2.2 and Airport 1.1 from the CD. OOps! Actually I started off with all extensions off besides the Apple CDROM driver.

Forum Links
Forum Rules