Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > mp3

mp3
burb16
Apr 6, 2000, 03:50 PM

Could you please tell me why I can listen to mp3 files when streamed yet when I download a file it refuses to load. the download is either not recognised or a " looking for original.00047567b7.ietemp" error is reported.
I am using an imac with os9.

cheers

Cipher13
Apr 7, 2000, 04:42 AM

I haven't had that problem myself, but it seems the file got corrupted while being downloaded. Did IE crash when downloading, and did you get the file from the Rescued Items folder?
Try changing the creator to Mp3 and type to TVOD and try playing from QT Player. If you want mp3's its probably best to use Macster or something similar. I haven't got the URL on me but will post it here when found.
Also, I suggest you switch to Netscape Communicator - it really is much better than explorer. I assume you are using Explorer because of the "ietemp" thing.
Hope that helps somewhat...

burb16
Apr 7, 2000, 05:10 PM

Thanks for the help the file was corrupt. I did try netscape and it worked a breeze. I also downloaded macster which I was inpressed with also. Im still an very fond of the ie5 front end though and will keep tweeking till it gets sorted.

thanks again

Forum Links
Forum Rules