Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Got a great deal on Kijiji!

Got a great deal on Kijiji!
Salty
Professional Poster
May 30, 2014, 01:14 AM

So I've had an insane amount of luck on Kijiji this year. I managed to find someone selling a Herman Miller Mira chair for 200 (we use them at work they start at around 500 American but getting them to Canada you're more looking at 700+) as well I recently found someone selling a Thunderbolt monitor on Kijiji for 650! (I got him down to 600)

Anyway, most people in my life can't appreciate why I would want a second ridiculously expensive monitor, but i figured at least a few people here would understand. The plan is to mount them both both with VESA mount adapters (which surprisingly you can't find on ebay for cheaper, and then mount them on an Arctic Cooling Z2 set of monitor arms.

That said anyone running integrated graphics on a Sandybridge MacBook Pro, you will notice some graphics lag. I think for my next Mac I'll have to spring for something with something more beefy than integrated graphics.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
May 30, 2014, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Salty View Post
That said
It IS you!

berkIeestudent84
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 1, 2014, 01:40 AM

Welcome back salty!
If you need to send me a private message, please send it to brassplayersrock²

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jun 1, 2014, 02:31 AM

Uhm, in the US, Kijiji = eBay Classifieds (Kijiji) ?!?!

Do not want.

-t

reader50
Administrator
Jun 1, 2014, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Anyway, most people in my life can't appreciate why I would want a second ridiculously expensive monitor, but i figured at least a few people here would understand.
Multiple monitors are the way to go. I've gone as high as 3, but found I was hardly using the 3rd. Two is best in my experience.

andi*pandi
Jun 2, 2014, 10:22 AM

at work I have two and love it. I can leave one monitor for code, and the other for browser preview.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Jun 2, 2014, 01:25 PM

I used to be a big proponent of dual screens, but with a 27" iMac and BetterTouchTool window management, I find a second display would be superfluous.

P
Jun 2, 2014, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
I used to be a big proponent of dual screens, but with a 27" iMac and BetterTouchTool window management, I find a second display would be superfluous.
Yes, I'm in the same camp. 27" iMac is way big. I use a 22" 1080p display at work, and there I occasionally open the laptop to have a second screen, but at home, I've never felt the need.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jun 2, 2014, 04:50 PM

At home, I run 2x 27" monitors. At work I have 3x 23" monitors.

I prefer the 2x 27"

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Jun 4, 2014, 03:14 AM

Right now I'm finding the two 2560/1440 resolutions to be a little over kill. Though I'm still proud of my babies. I bought an Arctic Cooling Z2 monitor mount, plus I've ordered 2 VESA mounts for the displays and they'll be floating above my desk soon.

Then plan is after that to eventually get a new MacBook that can support more monitors (currently 13 inch Sandybridge 2.7Ghz i7) and ad a 13 or 22 inch Wacom Cintiq into the mix.

Forum Links
Forum Rules