Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Brushed 3 released!

Brushed 3 released! (Page 2)
wagmedia
Forum Regular
May 28, 2003, 03:53 PM

Originally posted by exa:
Hm just noticed a bug, iTunes still displays the 'stoplights' instead of the blue buttons under the brushed theme and blue appearance. Or is it just me?

It's hard-coded into iTunes. It's not something that will change with a system-wide theme change.

iRebound
Mac Enthusiast
May 28, 2003, 04:20 PM

Originally posted by exa:
Hm just noticed a bug, iTunes still displays the 'stoplights' instead of the blue buttons under the brushed theme and blue appearance. Or is it just me?
go download iFix 2.1.1

iconizer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 28, 2003, 06:39 PM

Looks great!

Great job.

ae86_16v
Mac Elite
Jun 15, 2003, 07:14 PM

Max,

I got a question, I am using Metalizer and everything seems fine except for the menu bar.

The menu bar right next to the clock still has taht one part of the menu as a different shade, like I didn't use Metallizer at all.

Any tips?

Thanks.

bOOzo  (op)
Addicted to Themes
Jun 16, 2003, 07:23 AM

Originally posted by ae86_16v:
Max,

I got a question, I am using Metalizer and everything seems fine except for the menu bar.

The menu bar right next to the clock still has taht one part of the menu as a different shade, like I didn't use Metallizer at all.

Any tips?

Thanks.
The menubar is not metalifized, it's changed by the theme. If the gradient in the menubar looks bad, you need to reapply the theme. Return to aqua and then apply it again. If that does not help, try applying it with ThemeChanger.

ae86_16v
Mac Elite
Jun 16, 2003, 05:42 PM

Originally posted by bOOzo:
The menubar is not metalifized, it's changed by the theme. If the gradient in the menubar looks bad, you need to reapply the theme. Return to aqua and then apply it again. If that does not help, try applying it with ThemeChanger.
Yeah, I was using Duality.

And then I tried applying it with ThemeChanger and worked as a charm.

Thanks for the tip.

KidRed
Professional Poster
Jun 18, 2003, 03:06 PM

Originally posted by digitaljames:
What's the wierd edge where the blend stops and tiles on the title bar for About this mac and Safari? That looks awful.
All Your Signature Are Belong To Us!

intastella
Forum Regular
Jun 18, 2003, 03:51 PM

"What's the wierd edge where the blend stops and tiles on the title bar for About this mac and Safari? That looks awful."

That's because you have Metalifizer set to Demetalifize rather than Metalifize. That problem isn't present in Cocoa/Metalifized UI's.

Don

bbxstudio
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 18, 2003, 04:22 PM

Originally posted by intastella:
"What's the wierd edge where the blend stops and tiles on the title bar for About this mac and Safari? That looks awful."

That's because you have Metalifizer set to Demetalifize rather than Metalifize. That problem isn't present in Cocoa/Metalifized UI's.

Don
This happens because Cocoa titlebars tile and Carbon titlebars stretch - Max's titlebar endcap is designed to but up nicely to the right side of the stretching Carbon titlebar, so like instaslla said, it's best to Metalfize all Cocoa apps (Safari, iChat, etc) when using the new Brushed.

tyson.r
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 20, 2003, 09:57 AM

any chance of a squared off edge version? Safari looks so nice with smoothstripes squared...i would love my whole system to look like that

bOOzo  (op)
Addicted to Themes
Jun 20, 2003, 12:31 PM

Originally posted by tyson.r:
any chance of a squared off edge version? Safari looks so nice with smoothstripes squared...i would love my whole system to look like that
There is an edit on the dmg if you want to have square edges.

And you have to use Metallifizer to get a somewhat consistent look with the Brushed theme,as it clearly states in the read me..

The about box is not metallifized though, so it will always look bad..

Forum Links
Forum Rules