Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Batch convert Word (or RTF) files to PDF?

Batch convert Word (or RTF) files to PDF?
HamSandwich
Sep 7, 2012, 11:26 AM

Hello,

I have many Word files, a few hundred, which I'd like to convert to PDF. Is there a way, free? Alternatively, I have the same files as RTF (long story). So maybe, I could convert from RTF to PDF...?

I'have found this, so apparently Office 2011 has some Automator scripts you may be able to use, but I don't know, I never tried, and I can't try for a while, as my Mac is with my parents. (And I have read, on a sideline, that this is not available with the Home&Student version of Office 2011, although I did find some Automator scripts there, dunno.)

Any idea? There are really many files, so any help (other than doing it manually) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Pete

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Sep 7, 2012, 01:16 PM

Here are the instructions if you have the Office Automator Workflows:

http://aseriesoftubes.com/articles/how-to-batch-convert-doc-files-to-pdf-format-using-mac-osx-automator/

Alternatively you could use Applescript Editor to create a script to do it from rtf:

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20110605113316760
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Curiosity
Senior User
Sep 7, 2012, 09:34 PM

Why not just print to PDF? Use File > Print and choose to print to PDF.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Sep 8, 2012, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Curiosity View Post
Why not just print to PDF? Use File > Print and choose to print to PDF.
That would take ages with a large number of files.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Forum Links
Forum Rules