Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > OS 9 questions

OS 9 questions
juliageek
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 12, 2007, 02:59 PM

I Have set up a new thread from OSx to OS 9 what an upgrade because there is a large image in that thread, but my questions are related.

I have an old graphite clamshell which I have given to my son. He loves playing club penguin. I have downgraded the OSX on the clamshell to OS9, as the processor wasn't really up to running flash in safari and I've got lots of great games my older kids used to play when they were his age. So now I have IE5 5.1.6 running flash player 7.0 r61 on OS 9.0.4. But, although the internet generally zips along, of course club penguin (the thing we really need) creeps. Can anyone suggest a more efficient combination of OS/browser/flash player, with urls if possible for downloads, as tracking down these ancient artefacts has taken me the best part of a day!

Thanks in advance, mac people.

webb3201
Senior User
Jan 13, 2007, 07:05 PM

Julia,
Take a look at iCab as an alternative to IE. I believe Flash performance to be better, and that browser is still supported. See if that helps.

k
Read my MacWebb column and other great Mac articles at Lowendmac.com

Owner of a MacBook Pro and various other Macs.

Blasphemy
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 13, 2007, 08:15 PM

icab seconded.

TheoCryst
Mac Elite
Jan 13, 2007, 09:08 PM

Either iCab or this unofficial Mozilla build, which I've found to be quite stable and relatively modern.

Any ramblings are entirely my own, and do not represent those of my employers, coworkers, friends, or species

Forum Links
Forum Rules