Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > New 15" PowerBook prediction thread. (NOT PPC 970)

New 15" PowerBook prediction thread. (NOT PPC 970) (Page 7)
Simon
Posting Junkie
Aug 27, 2003, 09:47 AM

Originally posted by Eug:
OK feel free to believe that if it makes you feel better. In the meantime I've been using my Ti 1 GHz for 9 months.
I've been waiting to buy my own personal 12" PowerBook for three months now. And it looks as if it will take another month until it will be introduced at least. It will take more than your comment above to make me feel better.

Na, just kidding.

Actually, I probably won't buy another 15" until the architecture is updated to properly support DDR, unless there is some other uber-cool addition in the meantime. I don't have an Airport Extreme base station yet (although that would be nice), and I don't have a BlueTooth phone (although I was thinking about getting one in 2004). And 1.25 GHz isn't enough for me to upgrade over my current 1 GHz.

Announce a 1.8 GHz G4 with true DDR, and I'll upgrade in a heartbeat.
I agree 100%. Until such hardware comes out a 1GHz Ti should be quite fine. Going from Ti to Al and from 1GHz to 1.25GHz is not that a great step. Especially not if the step costs $2000.

How long do you believe you'll have to hold out to get a G5 in a 15" PowerBook? 9 months? 12 months? 18 months?

Or do you rather believe the MOSR space-talk about dual G4's?

echosphere
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 27, 2003, 10:13 AM

I�m w/ crispinwilliams on this one. This is strange and annoying regarding the updates.

First Jobs says that this is the year of the laptop, then, in comments, Apple says that the G5 will not be going into the Powerbook any time soon.

So is Apple pushing back PB updates to give all the spotlight to the G5s? This seems silly, but it also seems Apples style�

OR, could it be that they are pushing back PB updates, just like they did for the PowerMacs before the G5s release. Could it be that we could get G5s sooner than we thought? PBs ARE part of Apples Pro line, speed bumps of 1.25ghz G4s seem pretty damn weak to me.

G5s raise the bar for all Apple products. This is my theory. Upgrade the PBs to G5s (even if they are just �suped� up G4s). Knock up the iBooks to G4s shortly thereafter and add level 3 caches to the iMac/eMacs (possibly even put in dual processors). This should be done ASAP!

Also, new monitors and Bluetooth peripherals would create a line up that Apple is famous for.
I'm from the government and I'm here to help

crispinwilliams
Aug 27, 2003, 10:42 AM

This is the latest rumour to appear on the bidouille site (sorry for the translation by altavista).. but what is suggests is that there will NOT be 7457 processors in the updated powerbooks.. if so - this is some kind of disaster since powerbooks already have a cooling problem...

As to those waiting for a G5 in a powerbook - why? What does one need 64 bits for? I would prefer a fast (low power) G4 in a powerbook..

From bidouille:

Motorola would not ensure as envisaged the production of PPC 7457 intended for the AluBooks futures. Consequently, the next ones will embark PPC 7455 B It will result from it from the falls of performances compared to those envisaged (in particular because of 256 KB of mask instead of 512 and lower frequencies), a hot summer days to be dissipated and a reduced autonomy of some pourcents. The PPC 7457 should nevertheless be available during the last quarter of this year. One can deduce from it that it will be integrated in AluBooks for January. In addition, of the keyboards and mice without wire could be revealed in September (for APPLE Expo?).

MattiMattMatt
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 27, 2003, 11:34 AM

OK.

Enough of this blarmy.

Someone please post when the new powerbooks will be announced so that I can incorporate one into my buying plans.

TIA,

MattiMattMatt

echosphere
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 27, 2003, 11:38 AM

Checking with the magic 8 Ball, just a sec....

echosphere
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 27, 2003, 11:40 AM

Answer:

"Outlook not so good"

Eug
Clinically Insane
Aug 27, 2003, 11:48 AM

How long do you believe you'll have to hold out to get a G5 in a 15" PowerBook? 9 months? 12 months? 18 months?

Or do you rather believe the MOSR space-talk about dual G4's?
I'm not holding out just for the G5. I'd like the G5 (assuming it was more than 1.2-1.4 GHz), but I'd also take a fast G4 with DDR support. Unfortunately, neither a fast G5 nor a fast G4 with DDR support will happen any time soon for laptops. My guess is 12 months at the earliest. Perhaps 18 months - 2005. BTW, the G5 is due for a die shrink in early to mid 2004, to 90 nm. Maybe sometime after that is when we'll see laptop G5s:

Jan. 2004: 2.5 GHz G5 is out (0.13 um)
August 2004: 3.0 GHz G5 is out (0.09 um).
Xmas 2004: 1.8 GHz G5 is out (0.09 um) for laptops and iMacs.

As for the dual G4s, strangely enough, that is now actually a possibility, at least in the 17" where there might be enough room. I don't think it will happen, but there is now a 7457 variant on the Motorola website that does 1 GHz at ultra-low power. Two of these chips together use barely more power than a single normal 1.3 GHz 7457. The only problem is that apparently these low power chips are designed for use with only up to a 133 MHz bus for whatever reason. The normal power chips can use up to a 167 MHz (which the 17" currently has).

But like I said, I don't expect this to happen. I expect the new 15" and the new 17" to use 1.25 GHz chips, with a 167 MHz bus.
( Last edited by Eug; Aug 27, 2003 at 11:56 AM. )

kennedy
Mac Elite
Aug 27, 2003, 12:27 PM

Originally posted by echosphere:
Answer:

"Outlook not so good"
Hey, the 8-ball is right! MS Outlook is NOT so good... actually, its a POS... but little kids use magic 8-balls, so it couldn't say that.

xroja
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 27, 2003, 05:18 PM

I ordered a 15" powerbook two weeks ago. The order page said it was supposed to ship by or on 8/27 (today). I look today and it's been pushed back 3 weeks to 9/18.

Have they let their supplies dwindle? Is this a sign that their current powerbook supply is not be replenished in anticipation for the new version? Am I just being too hopeful?

kennedy
Mac Elite
Aug 27, 2003, 08:16 PM

I am sorry... but do people read these threads? Or do they just write to them? I've been reading them, but I think I've just realized that's where I have been going wrong.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 27, 2003, 09:39 PM

Originally posted by xroja:
I ordered a 15" powerbook two weeks ago. The order page said it was supposed to ship by or on 8/27 (today). I look today and it's been pushed back 3 weeks to 9/18.

Have they let their supplies dwindle? Is this a sign that their current powerbook supply is not be replenished in anticipation for the new version? Am I just being too hopeful?
If pushed back shipping dates meant anything, there would've been new PowerBooks months ago.

hasapi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 28, 2003, 12:54 AM

Im thinking Apple kept the PB G5 pre production project and designs up their sleeve in case Moto tripped up over the 7457. Um Duh!, so instead of PB's getting their usual update - apple delays for SJ to present at MWParis. Just a thought?

kennedy
Mac Elite
Aug 28, 2003, 03:28 AM

Originally posted by hasapi:
Im thinking Apple kept the PB G5 pre production project and designs up their sleeve in case Moto tripped up over the 7457. Um Duh!, so instead of PB's getting their usual update - apple delays for SJ to present at MWParis. Just a thought?
Well, even without any potential issue with Moto, they would have
kept the G5 hush-hush because they want to be able to claim to
be the "world's fastest PC" (contrary to recent years) for as long
as possible.

I certainly would! Now they need to focus on some good benchmark
software while they get some key apps taking advantage of the arch,
then when others can match it architecturally, they'll have the
app benchmarks to point to to claim "fastest". Played right, Macs
can remain the fastest computers for some time to come.

And I like that!!

Simon
Posting Junkie
Aug 28, 2003, 04:08 AM

Originally posted by Eug:
The only problem is that apparently these low power chips are designed for use with only up to a 133 MHz bus for whatever reason. The normal power chips can use up to a 167 MHz (which the 17" currently has).
That is indeed a problem, but by far not the only one.

Putting in two 7457's in a 17" PowerBook would also make it about $500 more expensive. Apple should decrease the price by $500 to stay competitive, not increase it.

labt
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 28, 2003, 10:10 AM

I ordered the 15" Ti from my university reseller last week. I am now #40 the the waiting list. I received an email today that acknowledges a severe backlog at universities across the US, and that Apple "expects to fill all our backorders in the month of September." Our university had 5 shipped in last week, but none since. It's very odd that Apple is pushing the 15" Ti at back-to-school specials at several universities, yet has none in stock to sell. I have heard of numerous lost sales here, with many purchasing Windows laptops instead. Clearly, this was not Apple's plan, but now they are either going to resume old 15" Ti production or expect new PB's to be delivered in the month of September.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 28, 2003, 05:10 PM

Oops, double post because of slow server.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 28, 2003, 05:10 PM

Man, I guess I'm wrong. I've been guessing new PowerBooks will appear during Seybold on 9/9 for the past 2 months. It seems most likely that new PowerBooks were appear during Apple Expo Paris 9/16.

Man, I'm sticking with Seybold.

tgrundke
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 28, 2003, 10:11 PM

I'm getting the distinct impression that Apple dropped the ball on the PowerBook updates. It seems as though someone may have made a mistake in forecasting (a old Apple problem that they've done a good job of solving), believing that PowerBook stocks would be sufficient through (what appears to be) a product release in mid-September at Apple Expo Paris.

But from reports that I'm hearing from across the net, it seems that stocks are entirely dry across the board. I've been to a local CompUsa and Microcenter and both have signs saying "Currently out of Stock" on all 15" PowerBooks.

So right now, I'm thinking that Apple made a boo-boo in forecasting.

Of course, I could be wrong and Apple will surprise us with G5s in the new PowerBooks. Yeah, riiiiiiight.
;-)
Travis L. Grundke
Sapere Aude

Naz
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 28, 2003, 10:47 PM

I can't wait for my 17" PB to ship so I stop reading these stuff

good luck to all who are still waiting enjoy your G5 PB
Nazaire's Art - -- iMac 500 DV SE --- 17" PB

LfGrdMike
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 28, 2003, 10:49 PM

Same here cant wait for my new 12 inch powerbook maxed out. Nice price on EDU discount. Dont forget the nice 15GB ipod i got pratically for free. Good luck to all of you who are still waiting.
MacBook Pro 15" Rev B | 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2GB Mem | 160GB HD | Display 15 Glossy Widescreen Display
iPod Mini Green | 35 gigs of music :-)
HP DV1040us Laptop | 1.6 Pentium M | 1GB RAM | Centrino

Liquidity X
Mac Elite
Aug 28, 2003, 11:36 PM

I just got my 17' PB for $2500.00

Naz
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 28, 2003, 11:56 PM

Originally posted by Liquidity X:
I just got my 17' PB for $2500.00
great deal!

mines is for free since I'm not the one paying for it

Yet I did pay for an extra battery and a brenthaven backpack from 1800MYAPPLE today

I CANT WAIT!!!

I wish I never waited this long
Nazaire's Art - -- iMac 500 DV SE --- 17" PB

LfGrdMike
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 29, 2003, 01:37 AM

I think this proves that the rumor sites are full of garbage. Apple has sealed leaks if their were any. I for one think at this point the rumor sites are using knowledge of apple that many of us know. Example update period every 6 months.
MacBook Pro 15" Rev B | 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2GB Mem | 160GB HD | Display 15 Glossy Widescreen Display

lvarini
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 29, 2003, 03:30 AM

Originally posted by LfGrdMike:
I think this proves that the rumor sites are full of garbage. Apple has sealed leaks if their were any. I for one think at this point the rumor sites are using knowledge of apple that many of us know. Example update period every 6 months.

sure, why not? it wouldn't be a bad marketing strategy at all... let the word out that a new and improved 15" G4 Powerbook is about to come out so that ppl (like us) start talking about it non-stop, and we all start saving money to buy one cause everyone's saying it's going to be awesome!! and then once we all really have the money for it... VOILA`, there it is on the store shelves for us to spend 3 grand on it and be happy (after wating two months). I mean... i fell for it! i went into the Apple Store at Lennox Mall in ATL to buy a 15 inch G3 Ibook, then found out that for the same price i could buy the 12" G4 PB... then i heard from an employee that the new 15" was about to come out (he said two weeks ago...), and for the last month i've been saving up an extra thousand dollars to blow on the best laptop ever!! do i NEED it? no... but do i want it now that i've been wating so long and reading these threads? OOOOHHHH YYYEEEEAAAAHHH!!!

god i hope i'm wrong and it comes out tomorrow!

neutrino23
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 29, 2003, 05:33 AM

Originally posted by tgrundke:
I'm getting the distinct impression that Apple dropped the ball on the PowerBook updates. It seems as though someone may have made a mistake in forecasting (a old Apple problem that they've done a good job of solving), believing that PowerBook stocks would be sufficient through (what appears to be) a product release in mid-September at Apple Expo Paris.

But from reports that I'm hearing from across the net, it seems that stocks are entirely dry across the board. I've been to a local CompUsa and Microcenter and both have signs saying "Currently out of Stock" on all 15" PowerBooks.

So right now, I'm thinking that Apple made a boo-boo in forecasting.

Of course, I could be wrong and Apple will surprise us with G5s in the new PowerBooks. Yeah, riiiiiiight.
;-)
I think it was the other side of the equation that was wrong. I think Apple expected to ship the newer PB some time ago and started clearing the channel in preparation for a release. The problem was the new product didn't arrive on time. Just my guess.
Happy owner of a new 15" Al PB.

neutrino23
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 29, 2003, 05:43 AM

Originally posted by LfGrdMike:
Two thoughts.

First, it is really difficult to forecast this kind of stuff. It is not like Apple has a secret internal calendar that has the release dates for new products for the next 12 months taped to the bottom of Steve's desk drawer. They wish. Ship dates are notoriously difficult to manage. I think that rumor sites get a bit of information that is true for the moment but later things change and dates slip.

Second, there are probably people reading these boards who have heard reliable information but to protect their friends and loved ones they refrain from posting.

Which brings me to my rant. Apple should update most of their main products on a predictable schedule. They don't have to pre-announce any specifics about features but they should announce the "announcement dates". For example, they could say that PowerBooks will get really major changes announced in January and smaller speedbumps and such in May and September. That lets Apple keep their secrets and it lets customers budget and plan their lives. Some people simply walk into an Apple store and buy whatever is available when they need it. Others buy on a two or three or four year cycle. For them it would be really good to know when new product is coming. They can save in anticipation of a purchase. Apple could put these model change times in the middle of a quarter so that people who delay a purchase a month or so to get new product won't affect quarterly sales. It's a win-win situation.

I suspect the biggest problem with this is that Apple doesn't have the discipline to adhere to this kind of schedule. It is extremely difficult to orchestrate something like this, but if you can do it the rewards are great.
Happy owner of a new 15" Al PB.

LfGrdMike
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 29, 2003, 11:01 AM

This would be bad for them economicallly because they wouldnt sell as much of their current lineup. For you, I, and everyone else it would be wonderful, but think about it from Apples standpoint. Not as many people care about the next best thing like people who browse the mac boards do.

davidpgreen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 29, 2003, 02:41 PM

I've been following this thread with some anticipation, as I await the date I can upgrade my own two-year-old 400MHz 15" Ti.

Here is a crazy proposition: Is it possible that the new Powerbooks are ready, but Apple doesn't want to ship them before the new dual -proc G5s ship? It might be considered bad form to ship a newly announced product before a previously announced product was ready.

At this point, I'm guessing the Expo in Paris is the soonest we'll see the new PBs.

Also, if Apple updates the Web site on a Monday, as they have been doing recently, I'd say that is a bad sign, as they rarely change the site in less than a week. I've been waiting for a Monday to pass with the previous week's headline item.... Now THAT might be a good sign!

Deal
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 29, 2003, 02:53 PM

No no no...

We have to check our periodic table. It will be nickel with built in iSight and...

tonewheel
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 29, 2003, 03:20 PM

close this thread. no one knows anything....

spotze23
Aug 29, 2003, 04:05 PM

perhaps steve jobs said "the year of THIS notebook"...
( Last edited by spotze23; Aug 29, 2003 at 04:15 PM. )

nek
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 29, 2003, 05:25 PM

Originally posted by crispinwilliams:
As to those waiting for a G5 in a powerbook - why? What does one need 64 bits for? I would prefer a fast (low power) G4 in a powerbook..
Since the 1.2GHz G5 uses less power than the 1.0GHz G4, I don't see any reason for Apple to wait any longer to announce the PowerBook G5. They will likely have to remain at 1.2GHz until the middle of next year, but the 15" PowerBook has been unchanged for about 10 months so I see no problem.

It is not an issue of 64 bits vs. 32 bits, the G5 is simply faster than the G4.

iSilver
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 30, 2003, 10:16 AM

just do it soon Apple, for god's sake you lazy bastards ... maybe they are waiting on new OLED screens ...

JHromadka
Mac Elite
Aug 30, 2003, 11:37 AM

Since Jobs is doing Apple Expo, he'll need something to announce, so it will probably be the updated Powerbooks in addition to whatever other goodies he will bring.

Being the eternal optimist that I am, i predict that he will also announce a date for Panther, and that all new Mac purchases get it free.

aapljack
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 30, 2003, 01:30 PM

For the Apple Expo, I think we will see..

1. New and updated PowerBooks
2. Release date for Panther
3. A release or release date for iTunes for Windows

Possibly..

4. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse
5. Speedbumped iMacs

-b

photoflow
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 30, 2003, 02:13 PM

I'd like to see new Powerbooks with a more advanced, better looking screen. Has anybody seen the new Fujitsu laptops with the new MVA screen.........this is by far the best LCD screen that I've ever seen on a laptop!! The colors just jump out at you and the screen is much brighter than anything seen before!!

iSilver
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 31, 2003, 10:49 PM

I'm gonna sell some shares late in September to by a new PB, so instead of waiting, waiting, waiting it might be just in time!!

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2003, 02:33 PM

Originally posted by JHromadka:
Since Jobs is doing Apple Expo, he'll need something to announce, so it will probably be the updated Powerbooks in addition to whatever other goodies he will bring.

Being the eternal optimist that I am, i predict that he will also announce a date for Panther, and that all new Mac purchases get it free.

For a second there I thought you said "all new Mac purchases are free." Just wishful thinking on my part I guess.

ledmirage
Sep 2, 2003, 02:18 AM

I just ordered 12" and dropped out from the Al 15" insanity. No more javascript:smilie('') for me. javascript:smilie('')

It finally dawned on me that any G4 PB will only be a transitional model until the G5 models are released in an year or so and that I only need a Mac for learning the music softwares (Max/MSP, Reaktor, Metasynth, etc.) at the tutorial and elementary levels at this point. Al 15" would've been a real overkill for me.

I picked up a 15G iPod with few dollars saved from downgrading from 15", so it all worked out for me.
I feel so dumb for not realizing something so obvious earlier, but sometime things work out in weird ways, I suppose. Wish you all luck with Godot. javascript:smilie('') Cheers!!

chrisutley
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 2, 2003, 05:54 AM

I say updated PowerBooks any day now, and new iBooks in Paris along with whatever other surprises he has.

A new 15" PB really isn't that big a deal since it will more or less be a smaller 17" in all likelyhood, nor are speed bumps to current models.
MacBook and iMac Core 2 Duo 24"

GENERAL_SMILEY
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 2, 2003, 06:26 AM

Originally posted by Deal:
No no no...

We have to check our periodic table. It will be nickel with built in iSight and...
Hehehe...

Eug Wanker  (op)
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Sep 2, 2003, 10:31 PM

More rumours in this thread.
iBook
900 Mhz G4
(100 Mhz Bus)
256K L2
128 MB
30 GB Ultra ATA
ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 (32 MB)
CD-ROM

$999

iBook
900 Mhz G4
(100 Mhz Bus)
256K L2
256 MB RAM
40 GB Ultra ATA
ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 (32 MB RAM)
Combo

$1399

Powerbook G4 12"
1 Ghz G4
256K L2
1 MB L3
256 MB RAM
40 GB Ultra ATA
ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 (64 MB)
Combo
USB 2

$1799

(w/ Superdrive $1999)

Powerbook G4 15"
1.25 Ghz G4
256 K L2
1 MB L3
512 MB
60 GB Ultra ATA
ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 (64 MB)
Superdrive
USB 2
FW 800
Backlit Keyboard

$2799

Powerbook G4 17"

1.25 Ghz G4
256 K L2
1 MB L3
512 MB
80 GB Ultra ATA
ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 (128 MB)
Superdrive
USB 2
FW 800
Airport Extreme
Backlit Keyboard

$3299
iBook G4? That would be a surprise. The rest of it seems reasonable to me, though.

EDIT: Why I think this is fake:

1) iBook G4
2) 64 MB Radeon 9000 in 12"
3) Lack of 512 KB L2 cache in 1.25 GHz machines. (7457 has 512 KB, unlike 7455)
4) My university doesn't seem to get advance info. And it's a very big university.
( Last edited by Eug Wanker; Sep 2, 2003 at 11:31 PM. )

crispinwilliams
Sep 3, 2003, 02:24 AM

Sorry to spoil the party but here is another rumour from the French Macbidouille site..

************From Macbidouille***********

Attention, the following is a rumour, not information. The source is however extremely reliable. Motorola still does not manage to manufacture PPC 7457 in sufficient volumes. The rates of processors passing the qualifications are dramatically low. Moreover, it seems that APPLE gives up has to use the 7455B in the portables. Beyond 1 GHz autonomy (what are they saying here?) is too weak and there is terrible heating. Without a miracle, there will be no portables before mid-October.
To compensate for this bad information, here is good. IBM does not record any delay on its forecasts of G5 to 0,09 Microns. The first samples will be at the end of November. The CPU will be ready February as envisaged. Project PPC 980 progresses also satisfactorily.

Macbidouille was fairly correct on the G5 powermac story so I fear that there may be some basis to this rumour.. but it still just a rumour. I still hope for the low power 7457 running at 1 GHz and putting 2 of these in the 17 inch..

DrBoar
Senior User
Sep 3, 2003, 06:51 AM

Anyone not thinking that the G4 to G5 transition will be way faster than the G3 to G4 transition?

I can not imagine that there will be a single Apple product with a Motorola CPU next summer

Pierre B.
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 3, 2003, 07:14 AM

Originally posted by DrBoar:
I can not imagine that there will be a single Apple product with a Motorola CPU next summer
Well, if Motorola continues to have such production issues as it has for now, then I think you are correct (at least close to that).

lvarini
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 5, 2003, 04:02 PM

Is there anyone out there that is actually going to go to the EXPO in Paris on the 16th?? I would love to know what they presented and how they presented from someone who was actually there.

crispinwilliams
Sep 5, 2003, 05:02 PM

If anyone cares for rumours.. MacBidouille are now reporting that several of their sources reccommend watching the Apple site on Monday.. and that a rumour that they published in the last couple of days was false..

tritonus
Senior User
Sep 5, 2003, 06:02 PM

Originally posted by crispinwilliams:
If anyone cares for rumours.. MacBidouille are now reporting that several of their sources reccommend watching the Apple site on Monday.. and that a rumour that they published in the last couple of days was false..
That only seems to make sense applied to PowerBook G4 updates coming.
SwitCHerland, Europe
17" PowerBook 1GHz | WaterField SleeveCase | LaCie d2 250GB | AirPort Extreme BS, AirPort Express | iPod photo 60GB

Sakino
Senior User
Sep 5, 2003, 08:38 PM

Originally posted by tritonus:
That only seems to make sense applied to PowerBook G4 updates coming.
I HIGHLY DOUBT its the powebook
if apple hasnt released it yet, they are going to wait till the expo. And if there is no pb at the expo your going to have a hell of a lot of pissed off people. Plus all these rumors flying around about october release? Thats not suitable to me. It should be immediate shipping.

David Hagan
Forum Regular
Sep 5, 2003, 09:13 PM

This was posted as a news blurb on Apple Insider's front page only hours ago. Basically, after all this time, and all these rumors, I'll believe it when I see it!

Forum Links
Forum Rules