Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > uneven touchpad 15" ai

uneven touchpad 15" ai
spotze23
Mar 4, 2004, 03:11 PM

anyone got an uneven touchpad, too? i sent my 15" ai to apple because of white spots, hdd-noise, fan-noise, lid and the uneven touchpad. in two weeks they did not have a look at the touchpad.

on the upper half there are two bumby areas:
http://members.fortunecity.de/spotze23/

should i send it in again? why are there no repairing dealers in germany? again 30 gb backup and two weeks without powerbook.

Mobile Mod
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 4, 2004, 11:46 PM

You're trackpad looks fine... I dont see any problem at all there.

Justin
AlPB 15" Rev. C (1.5GHz) | 30GB 5G Apple iPod Video | SE S710a

Apple Certified Portable Technician, Apple Certified Desktop Technician, Apple Certified Help Desk Agent

naderby
Mar 5, 2004, 08:21 AM

Mine looks like that but its not lumpy, bumpy or raised at all, it just has a slight variation in the silver coating.

Incidentally my Return key is very varied in textured, in some lights it looks almost marbled.

MSME
Mar 6, 2004, 08:29 AM

I sent mine in to have most of the casing replaced (apple initially damaged it when they replaced my loose keyboard) and the LCD replaced (white spot). When it came back, the trackpad was coming up on the right side -- it looks like yours is too, judging by the photo. For a while, if I pushed it back down it would stay that way for a couple of days. Now it just pops back up. I took it back to the store, and the genius said I could bring it in at any point during my warranty and they would fix it.

I would definitely have it fixed, if I were you. I'm not sure exactly how these trackpads are attached, but it seems like mine is getting worse. I don't know if it could become completely detached or not.
Black MacBook C2D 2.0 Ghz, stock, Powerbook 15" 1Ghz (Al), iPhone 8 GB

spotze23  (op)
Mar 7, 2004, 06:41 AM

thanks for your replies. the technical service at apple told me the same. they will repair it the whole first year. fine. but i have to send it in. thats another 2 weeks without my pb.

Forum Links
Forum Rules