Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Order Status Thread

Order Status Thread (Page 5)
MrCaN
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2004, 12:31 AM

and the screen looked perfect, untill about an hour into using it, I have a pixel stuck at bright blue, right in the middle of the screen.
Mr. CaN

bcaslis
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 28, 2004, 01:10 AM

Some stuck pixels can be eliminated, some can't. Take a soft cloth and gently massage around the pixel, it may go away. My experience is that a stuck green or blue can often be eliminated. Stuck reds usually stay stuck.

Originally posted by MrCaN:
and the screen looked perfect, untill about an hour into using it, I have a pixel stuck at bright blue, right in the middle of the screen.
MacBook Pro 17" 2.4 Ghz, 4GB ram, 200GB 7200rpm HD

t.hill
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2004, 01:19 AM

I'm getting very angry with Apple. I want to hulk smash something.

yongfook
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2004, 01:52 AM

The most annoying thing for me now is that a lot of the Apple retailers have now got them in stock which means if I didn't already have one on order (and already paid) I could just walk into a frigging shop and pick one up that same day. Grrr.

Estimated ship date at Apple store = May 12th.

Effing ridiculous!!!
http://www.yongfook.com

AgBlue
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2004, 03:15 AM

Kinda weird.. but um.. My powerbook reached Indianpolis and for some reason FedEx gave the status "Released for delivery" at 1:43am. This wouldn't be a problem except I live in Baton Rouge Louisiana. Hmm.. Let's just hope they aren't going to give it to some one else whose getting a powerbook up there. Hehe, sorry , but It's mine.. all mine! Ahh well, expected delivery date is the 29th, Thursday.

Agblue

neoTony
Apr 28, 2004, 04:03 AM

Originally posted by spathi:
Ordered my 12" Powerbook, with 80 gig drive on the 22nd of April, my On or before date is the 10 of May, my order is still open.

Any other Aussies out there order a new powerbook? would be interested in hearing your order times.

As long as i don't go through the 'Great 17" (Rev A) Order Wait of 2003' I'll be happy
I ordered a Rev B 17" PB about 4 weeks ago through a local retailer - I still have absolutely no idea when the (now Rev C) PB will get here. I've had some quite heated conversations with the manager of the store, who (as of today) still cannot give me *anything* to go on! Apparently, everything is listed as "constrained" again...

gostan
Apr 28, 2004, 05:08 AM

My PB also shows as being released for delivery in Indianapolis, IN at 1:42 AM. on 4-28. I live in Boston. Expected delivery is still before 10:30 AM on April 29. Be better to get it in PM on April 28th (today) since I paid for expedited delivery.

To all awaiting delivery of BTO's who are concerned that PB's are readily available in Apple Stores and CompUsa, remember that PB's with upgraded 5400 HD's and 128 vram are not available in stores.
24" Intel Core 2 Duo IMac 2.4 Ghz
15.4"/2.4 GHZ MacBook Pro

rm199
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2004, 06:13 AM

anyone in the UK receive their 15 BTOs?

JayTay
Apr 28, 2004, 06:33 AM

Originally posted by rm199:
Not yet, mine left Luxembourg yesterday afternoon, although the tracking page didn't show it when I looked last night (around midnight).

Fingers crossed that it'll arrive tomorrow!

vinster
Senior User
Apr 28, 2004, 07:02 AM

Originally posted by rm199:
Not yet. Probably another update on the order status page today and delivery on Thursday (hopeful) or Friday (more likely).

Will update this thread as soon as I've got it!

Phil the Fish
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2004, 07:12 AM

Originally posted by JayTay:
Not yet, mine left Luxembourg yesterday afternoon, although the tracking page didn't show it when I looked last night (around midnight).

Fingers crossed that it'll arrive tomorrow!
Am I being thick ....... I can't figure out what digit code I'm suppost to use to track my PB (plus goodies).

on the Order Status Summary page from Apple I have a Tracking Number from TNT Nederland B.V. of 20 digits with a click-link .....
this takes me to the shipment status page that tells me that _TNT EXPRESS WORLDWIDE have it, with a different 16 digit tracking code number (in fact each item has its own)....

None of the codes seem to be recognised by TNT Worldwide ..... am I missing something ..... am I using the wrong codes.... Am I being too keen, and in fact its not reached a point where it would be entered onto the system .... should I be seeing this information , in terms of where it is and when its going to be delivered on the Apple shipment status page .... or could some kind soul point me in the right direction???

Phil
Phil the Fish
15" PowerBook 1.5GHz, SuperDrive, 5400rpm 80GB, IGB RAM/128MB VRAM
PM G4 D500 1.25GB RAM, 40GB HD

CambAngst
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2004, 07:24 AM

Ordered my 12" 1.33 GHz with 512MB, 80GB 5400 RPM Drive, & Combo Drive on 4/19 right after the online store came back up, received it yesterday. So far, so good. No dead pixels. All keys work. I installed a bunch of software from CD's and didn't notive any inordinated amount of heat.

I also bought the $99 Kensington AC/car/air power adapter. I'm really looking forward to being able to watch movies on my flight to Phoenix in a couple of weeks without having to worry about the battery level.

mrwalker
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 28, 2004, 08:14 AM

Originally posted by Phil the Fish:
Am I being thick ....... I can't figure out what digit code I'm suppost to use to track my PB (plus goodies).

on the Order Status Summary page from Apple I have a Tracking Number from TNT Nederland B.V. of 20 digits with a click-link .....
this takes me to the shipment status page that tells me that _TNT EXPRESS WORLDWIDE have it, with a different 16 digit tracking code number (in fact each item has its own)....

None of the codes seem to be recognised by TNT Worldwide ..... am I missing something ..... am I using the wrong codes.... Am I being too keen, and in fact its not reached a point where it would be entered onto the system .... should I be seeing this information , in terms of where it is and when its going to be delivered on the Apple shipment status page .... or could some kind soul point me in the right direction???

Phil
The tracking doesn't seem to work until your package gets to TNT in the Netherlands. Until then you need to give Apple UK a call. It's a toll free number, and if enough of us hassle them, maybe they'll fix the web tracking

Apple UK: 0800-039-1010

-mrwalker

invaderzim
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2004, 08:16 AM

I ordered a 15" 1.5/128/5400rpm on 4/22 and should be getting it today! I cannot wait! It should be quite an improvement over the 600MHz iBook (late 2001) that I'm using now.

JayTay
Apr 28, 2004, 08:17 AM

Originally posted by Phil the Fish:

I believe the TNT tracking number is the one under Tracking Number on the Shipment Status page, however it won't be on TNT's system until they've picked it up from Kuehne & Nagel.

jmelrose
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2004, 08:45 AM

Hey fellow waiters!

If your Powerbook showed this earlier:
4:23 am Held at Sort Facility_INDIANAPOLIS IN

like mine did, there may be cause for rejoicing. Mine currently says:

7:25 am Arrived at FedEx Destination Location_ ORLANDO FL_

Which means it may be delivered within hours. Especially if it's local and you call and ask them to get it out (mine's in town a day early, but it's released for delivery.)
So hopefully I'll see that it's headed out for delivery around 9:00 this morning!

Pax,
Melrose
“A man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.” -Mark Twain

Current rig: 15" MBP i7 2.6Ghz 16GB RAM 1TB Flash Drive

mrwalker
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 28, 2004, 09:03 AM

Originally posted by mrwalker:
The tracking doesn't seem to work until your package gets to TNT in the Netherlands. Until then you need to give Apple UK a call. It's a toll free number, and if enough of us hassle them, maybe they'll fix the web tracking

Apple UK: 0800-039-1010
Oh no! I just called them and they said that the estimated delivery date is now next Tuesday (from Friday). They must have read my post! I hate waiting for stuff

-mrwalker
( Last edited by mrwalker; Apr 28, 2004 at 09:14 AM. )

claughery  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 28, 2004, 09:30 AM

Originally posted by jmelrose:
Hey fellow waiters!

If your Powerbook showed this earlier:
4:23 am Held at Sort Facility_INDIANAPOLIS IN

like mine did, there may be cause for rejoicing. Mine currently says:

7:25 am Arrived at FedEx Destination Location_ ORLANDO FL_

Which means it may be delivered within hours. Especially if it's local and you call and ask them to get it out (mine's in town a day early, but it's released for delivery.)
So hopefully I'll see that it's headed out for delivery around 9:00 this morning!

Pax,
Melrose
So you are saying that if my PB was "Held at Sort Facility" as of 3:30 am today... I might get it today??? Was your PB held in Indiana today???

JayTay
Apr 28, 2004, 09:32 AM

Oh no! I just called them and they said that the estimated delivery date is now next Tuesday (from Friday). They must have read my post! I hate waiting for stuff

-mrwalker
Erk, what status is your order at now? Has it left Luxembourg yet?

dwishbone
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 28, 2004, 09:37 AM

kind of a weird chain of events here. it appears to have left shanghai...went to anchorage...that back to shanghai...then ends up in indianpolis. it got help up an extra day in shangahi...ETA has already slipped from 4/28 to 4/29.
so now its in indy. says it was out for delivery...now its held up. id hope so. it live in north west florida. thats a helluva truck drive to deliver it to me from Indy
i payed for two day shipping dammit...why do i do that? its never on time. ordered this on the 20th. shipped on the 26th. arrived on the 29th (maybe). i just want my new PB

Apr 28, 2004 3:30 am
Held at Sort Facility
INDIANAPOLIS IN
1:18 am
Release for delivery
INDIANAPOLIS IN
12:27 am
Arrived at Sort Facility
INDIANAPOLIS IN

Apr 27, 2004 9:17 pm
Left FedEx Ramp
SHANGHAI CN
4:59 pm
Left FedEx Sort Facility
ANCHORAGE AK
3:11 pm
Arrived at Sort Facility
ANCHORAGE AK
12:13 am
Pickup status
SHANGHAI CN
Package received after FedEx cutoff time

Apr 26, 2004 3:39 pm
Pickup status
SHANGHAI CN
3:39 pm
Left FedEx Origin Location
SHANGHAI CN
24" iMac 2.13ghz C2D | 15" MBP 2ghz CD | "Soundwave" 60GB 5G iPod

t.hill
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2004, 09:38 AM

My powerbook left Taiwan early this morning, I should be getting it sometime in the next 2 days.

I'm so excited...but still upset that it took so long.

jmelrose
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2004, 09:54 AM

Originally posted by claughery:
So you are saying that if my PB was "Held at Sort Facility" as of 3:30 am today... I might get it today??? Was your PB held in Indiana today???
That is what I am saying. Mine is out for delivery. And, ues it was held in Indy.
“A man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.” -Mark Twain

MrCaN
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2004, 10:23 AM

Originally posted by dwishbone:
kind of a weird chain of events here. it appears to have left shanghai...went to anchorage...that back to shanghai...then ends up in indianpolis. it got help up an extra day in shangahi...ETA has already slipped from 4/28 to 4/29.
so now its in indy. says it was out for delivery...now its held up. id hope so. it live in north west florida. thats a helluva truck drive to deliver it to me from Indy
i payed for two day shipping dammit...why do i do that? its never on time. ordered this on the 20th. shipped on the 26th. arrived on the 29th (maybe). i just want my new PB

Held at Sort Facility
INDIANAPOLIS IN
Release for delivery
INDIANAPOLIS IN
Arrived at Sort Facility
INDIANAPOLIS IN

Left FedEx Ramp
SHANGHAI CN
Left FedEx Sort Facility
ANCHORAGE AK
Arrived at Sort Facility
ANCHORAGE AK
Pickup status
SHANGHAI CN

Pickup status
SHANGHAI CN
SHANGHAI CN
The reason it shows Shanghai, then Alaska, then Shanghai, is because of the weakness of Fedex tracking, all times are local times for that location, so it arrived in Alaska, before it left Shanghai, because of the time difference, but the web app, doesn't know enough to show it in the correct order.
Mr. CaN

jimcpherson
Apr 28, 2004, 10:44 AM

Mine was shipped from Shanghai to Alaska. Then shipped to Indiana last night. Was sent to New York overnight and was out for delivery at 8 AM. Got it delivered at 9:30 AM. Around the world in 1 1/2 days. Not bad. And came a day earlier than FedEx estimated delivery time! (This is on a BTO 15" with 128VRAM, 1 GB RAM, 5400rpm HD, with expediated shipping.)

Phil the Fish
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2004, 10:50 AM

-mrwalker
Firstly ... thanks to both mrwalker and JayTay .... so I was just being too keen, and looking back over your posts, I now understand what you were getting at in previous ones on this thread ......

Sorry to hear about your further delay mrwalker .. not helped by the bank holiday this weekend I'm sure .......

Does anyone else get this sort of manic depression whilst waiting for their new baby to arrive ... one minute all exited about when it will arrive, pulling back the curtain and imagining the delivery van pulling up outside the house, or visualising the good news on the tracking page that its only hours away ......
followed by those down and dark thoughts of what if .... they have lost it ..... dropped it ..... it doesn't work when I first plug it in ..... there are dead pixels ...... and you console yourself with the knowledge that its under warranty etc, but that they would have to take away your baby ... for weeks
but before you know it, your dreaming again of shipping and delivery times, how sweet that lid is going to open and pleasent the chimes of start up will sound ........ and so it goes on...

Well at least it has for me since I pressed that return key and sent the order in to Apple ...... am I the only one suffering this mental anguish and torture ????

Phil
Phil the Fish
15" PowerBook 1.5GHz, SuperDrive, 5400rpm 80GB, IGB RAM/128MB VRAM
PM G4 D500 1.25GB RAM, 40GB HD

jmelrose
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2004, 10:53 AM

Originally posted by jimcpherson:
Mine was shipped from Shanghai to Alaska. Then shipped to Indiana last night. Was sent to New York overnight and was out for delivery at 8 AM. Got it delivered at 9:30 AM. Around the world in 1 1/2 days. Not bad. And came a day earlier than FedEx estimated delivery time! (This is on a BTO 15" with 128VRAM, 1 GB RAM, 5400rpm HD, with expediated shipping.)
Same with me. Mine was delivered from Shanghai to Podunk Florida in about 48 hours. Very impressive.

Oh, and the machine is great too! Except the screws to get the panel off for the RAM upgrade. Those are wicked tight on. I'm afraid to really crank them for fear of stripping, but no screwdriver seems to fit well. Oh silly Apple...

mrwalker
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 28, 2004, 11:02 AM

Erk, what status is your order at now? Has it left Luxembourg yet?
The Apple order status page still has nothing on it for my order, other than 'Shipped 23/04/2004'. The guy on the phone said it was in the Netherlands though, so maybe

I think the problem might be affected by Monday being a bank holiday here

-mrwalker

JayTay
Apr 28, 2004, 11:14 AM

The Apple order status page still has nothing on it for my order, other than 'Shipped 23/04/2004'. The guy on the phone said it was in the Netherlands though, so maybe
What does the other tracking page show, the one when you click on the tracking number?

0s and 1s
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2004, 11:21 AM

Originally posted by yongfook:
The most annoying thing for me now is that a lot of the Apple retailers have now got them in stock which means if I didn't already have one on order (and already paid) I could just walk into a frigging shop and pick one up that same day. Grrr.

Estimated ship date at Apple store = May 12th.

Effing ridiculous!!!
Can't you cancel it? That IS ridiculous.

azt33
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 28, 2004, 12:03 PM

I think the problem might be affected by Monday being a bank holiday here

-mrwalker
Just a note, it's a bank holiday on Friday here too. I really hope they'll deliver mine tomorrow, otherwise I need to wait the whole weekend
MacBook Pro 15.4/ i7 2.2 / 8.0/ 750/ DL SD/ APX
iPhone 4 16GB (black)

gostan
Apr 28, 2004, 12:04 PM

My new PB left Shanghai was delivered by FedEx at 10 AM today April 28. Very happy with Apple's delivery service. Now if I can only find the time to break away from work and open up the box and play.....
24" Intel Core 2 Duo IMac 2.4 Ghz
15.4"/2.4 GHZ MacBook Pro

Mel Dada
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2004, 12:04 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MrCaN:
[B]The reason it shows Shanghai, then Alaska, then Shanghai, is because of the weakness of Fedex tracking, all times are local times for that location, so it arrived in Alaska, before it left Shanghai, because of the time difference...

I get it. I was wondering that myself.We must have been on the same flight. This was supposed to be delivered Friday but here it is Wednesday and it is going to be delivered today. A BTO 12 inch with superdrive and a 80 gig drive. i'm flabbergasted that it is arriving so soon after i ordered it-5 days ago! Will report on condition later.

Apr 28, 2004 8:04 am

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

EMERYVILLE CA

5:57 am

Arrived at FedEx Destination Location

EMERYVILLE CA

5:31 am

Arrived at Sort Facility

OAKLAND CA

4:06 am

Left FedEx Sort Facility

INDIANAPOLIS IN

1:32 am

Release for delivery

INDIANAPOLIS IN

12:22 am

Arrived at Sort Facility

INDIANAPOLIS IN

Apr 27, 2004 8:11 pm

Left FedEx Ramp

C.K.S. INTL AIRPORT TW

3:56 pm

Arrived at FedEx Ramp

TA YUAN HSIANG TW

3:01 pm

Left FedEx Sort Facility

ANCHORAGE AK

2:50 pm

TAOYUAN CITY TW

1:24 pm

Pickup status

TAOYUAN CITY TW

make love not war
mel

adam1185
Apr 28, 2004, 12:40 PM

Ordered Saturday 04/24/20040 7:21 PM PST
Shipped Apr 28, 2004

Apr 28, 2004 8:08 pm

Left FedEx Ramp

C.K.S. INTL AIRPORT TW

7:15 pm

Arrived at FedEx Ramp

TA YUAN HSIANG TW

4:53 pm

TAOYUAN CITY TW

3:27 pm

Pickup status

TAOYUAN CITY TW

Estimated delivery date May 3, 2004 by 12:00 pm

I hope that estimated delivery date is accurate!

Keiretsu
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 28, 2004, 12:59 PM

Ordered Apr-26 ... it said "on or before May-10" it shipped "Apr-28 07:01 GMT"! What a pleasant surprise!

... and a few hours later I get an Email:

"
Sehr geehrte Apple Kundin, sehr geehrter Apple Kunde,

vielen Dank, dass Sie sich f�r den Kauf eines 17" PowerBook G4 entschieden haben.

Wir freuen uns, Ihnen mitteilen zu k�nnen, dass das 17" PowerBook G4 jetzt 100,00 - Euro
weniger kostet, als urspr�nglich angegeben.

Grund daf�r ist eine Preissenkung f�r die Festplatte in Europa. Wir freuen uns, Ihnen den
Differenzbetrag zum neuen Preis erstatten zu k�nnen.
"

Which means I get it for EUR100 less! What else do you want, early shippment and a unexpected rebate!
( Last edited by Keiretsu; Apr 28, 2004 at 02:24 PM. )

mrwalker
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 28, 2004, 01:14 PM

What does the other tracking page show, the one when you click on the tracking number?
It gives the details of the items I've ordered, but all of the 'Activity', 'Location' and 'Date & Time' rows are blank

This sucks, I'm getting a dell! (not in this life)

-mrwalker

rm199
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2004, 02:06 PM

what others are saying re: delays in europe looks scary, if mine is not delivered tomorrow I'll cancel it and buy a stock unit at the physical apple store in NYC.

forumid
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2004, 03:03 PM

I ordered a BTO PowerBook 15-inch (256MB VR/5400 RPM HD/512MB single memory module options) on April 20 and received my order this morning. I chose the 2 Day shipping option, and my Fed Ex tracking information indicated tomorrow as the scheduled delivery date....
( Last edited by forumid; Apr 28, 2004 at 03:10 PM. )

jguidroz
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2004, 03:09 PM

I ordered a BTO 15" last week. I received confirmation of shipping on Tuesday, 4/27, with delivery of 4/29. Funny thing is, I didn't pay for 2 day shipping, said i wanted the Free Ground Shipping. My PB has taken the same route as yours and is sitting in Indianapolis. The Held at Sort Facility means it got held up by customs and got to the Fed Ex facility too late to ship out. It should ship out later today. Mine is supposed to be here by 10:30 tomorrow morning. May have to get to work late so I can pick it up .

Originally posted by dwishbone:

Held at Sort Facility
INDIANAPOLIS IN
Release for delivery
INDIANAPOLIS IN
Arrived at Sort Facility
INDIANAPOLIS IN

Left FedEx Ramp
SHANGHAI CN
Left FedEx Sort Facility
ANCHORAGE AK
Arrived at Sort Facility
ANCHORAGE AK
Pickup status
SHANGHAI CN

Pickup status
SHANGHAI CN
SHANGHAI CN
B&W G3/300 OS X 10.3 Server
AL G4/1.5 OS X 10.3
Next computer G5/3.X Ghz OS X 10.x.x

RussGJohnson
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2004, 03:37 PM

My 15" is stuck in Indianapolis, what's up with that? Ordered 4/21, shipped 4/26

Apr 28, 2004

3:32 am
Held at Sort Facility_
INDIANAPOLIS IN_

1:52 am
Release for delivery_
INDIANAPOLIS IN_

Arrived at Sort Facility_
INDIANAPOLIS IN_

Apr 27, 2004

9:20 pm
Left FedEx Ramp_
SHANGHAI CN_

Left FedEx Sort Facility_
ANCHORAGE AK_

Arrived at Sort Facility_
ANCHORAGE AK_

9:47 am
Left FedEx Origin Location_
SHANGHAI CN_

9:23 am
Picked up by FedEx_
SHANGHAI CN_
15" Macbook Pro 2.16, 2GB, 7200rpm HD (on order)
15" Powerbook 1.67, 1GB, HR Screen (looking for a buyer)

azt33
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 28, 2004, 04:12 PM

My PB is in Eindhoven right now (Netherlands), it was picked up from Luxembourg today, so I should have it tomorrow
iPhone 4 16GB (black)

GILBERT948
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2004, 04:30 PM

Originally posted by 0s and 1s:
I just ordered a 15" PB 1.5, 80gb 5400, 128 vram, 1 so-dimm 512mb, combo, and overnight shipping for 2180 with tax/shipping. It should be here by 5/1/04. I hope!

How did you get that configuration for $2180? The best I could do on that is $2299 before taxes and that was using the education discount.

Joe
iBook 800 G4 640MB 10.3
iBook 600 G3 256MB 10.2.8

15" 1.5 ghz 1gig mem, 80 gig 5400 HD, 128 vram POWERBOOK.

GILBERT948
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2004, 04:37 PM

Originally posted by CambAngst:

I also bought the $99 Kensington AC/car/air power adapter. I'm really looking forward to being able to watch movies on my flight to Phoenix in a couple of weeks without having to worry about the battery level. [/B]
Hopefully, the plane you are on will have the power outlets in the seats. I haven't done much flying, but I haven't seen an outlet on a seat I've been in.

Joe
iBook 800 G4 640MB 10.3
iBook 600 G3 256MB 10.2.8

15" 1.5 ghz 1gig mem, 80 gig 5400 HD, 128 vram POWERBOOK.

AgBlue
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2004, 05:34 PM

Originally posted by GILBERT948:
How did you get that configuration for $2180? The best I could do on that is $2299 before taxes and that was using the education discount.

Joe

Hey Joe,

I used the Apple Student Developer Membership discount. This discount dropped the price of the top 15.2in model to $1,999 (double that of education).

Plus I upgraded the hard drive and vram for $40 each. This totals to $2,079. Then depending on where you live, tax would alter the rest of the price. I paid about $180 in tax, for a total of $2258. Somewhere around that ball park.

The discount is a once in a life time thing for Student members. Oh and it costs $99 to join it for a year.

AgBlue

0s and 1s
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2004, 06:02 PM

Originally posted by GILBERT948:

Joe
Basically what AgBlue said! I signed up for the ADC, and within a day or two I ordered the PB with "overnight" shipping for 2180 with tax, 128 vram, 5400 80gb, and 1 so-dimm 512ram. The discount is great, but you're only able to use it once no matter how long you're an ADC member.

mrwalker
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 29, 2004, 04:09 AM

Originally posted by azt33:
My PB is in Eindhoven right now (Netherlands), it was picked up from Luxembourg today, so I should have it tomorrow
Mine is still nowhere according to the order status page. Looks like I'm a day behind you, so maybe I'll have some news later

-mrwalker

azt33
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 29, 2004, 05:18 AM

I'm very happy, my PB is out for delivery
iPhone 4 16GB (black)

JayTay
Apr 29, 2004, 06:46 AM

My order is still showing as having left Luxembourg on the 27th with no updates since then. How long can it take to get to the UK anyway?

rm199
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2004, 06:59 AM

with Apple, it appears that it will take an inordinate amount of time. I love the story the apple store call centre have been given "significant backlog"... well hello yes a blind man could have seen that was going to happen - how about putting measures in place to handle it?

JayTay
Apr 29, 2004, 07:58 AM

"Significant backlog"? That doesn't explain how come my PowerBook left Luxembourg two days ago and still hasn't arrived in the UK. Apple can be quite useless sometimes.

vinster
Senior User
Apr 29, 2004, 08:31 AM

I just got off the phone with the Applestore and was told the powerbooks are still in the warehouse in Luxembourg (as of 5:30 am). I did notice that my status page had been updated with a 'signed for' code (probably someone in the warehouse).

The employee told me that it's about 20% chance that I'd see the powerbook tomorrow and most likely delivered after the bank holiday on Tuesday.

Needless to say, I'm a bit unhappy with TNT for sitting on the consignment for so long.

People in the US and mainland Europe who ordered on the same day are already getting their computers. Why does it seem that we in the UK always get screwed over?

Forum Links
Forum Rules