Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > 20% of Liberals support Bush

20% of Liberals support Bush
LoganCharles
Banned
Sep 17, 2004, 09:14 PM

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in644205.shtml

Granted it's a small number in the scheme of things however it's very telling that the country is not nearly as divided as the media tries to portray.

Bush has his failings but people, Americans overall understand that Bush is the stronger of the two.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Sep 17, 2004, 09:21 PM

20% of 20%. Hmmm. 4%?
Weak.

mikellanes
Mac Elite
Sep 18, 2004, 12:31 AM

and 15% of conservatives support Kerry what's the point?

Reading comprehension anyone?

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Sep 18, 2004, 12:35 AM

You should have Karl Rove's babies.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Sep 18, 2004, 05:02 AM

Kerry's just coming off as weak, no confidence. He can smell that his campaign is in the middle of a complete meltdown, he's hemorrhaging support and votes and he doesn't know how to stop it. I feel kinda sorry for him, it's bordering on pathetic... no, actually, it is pathetic.

Oh well, don't be upset with me, it's just the fax ma'am, just the fax. *chuckle*
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

coolmacdude
Senior User
Sep 18, 2004, 02:58 PM

I'll tell you why liberals support Bush. It's because HE IS A FREAKING LIBERAL.

Conservatives support small government, reduced discretionary spending, avoiding unnecessary foreign entanglements, and protection of personal freedom and property.

Bush supports greatly expanded government regulation, fiscal irresponsibility, nation building, erosion of personal liberty, and catering to special interests.

I am a conservative, but I won't be voting for Bush in Nov. for these reasons. He is trying to redefine what it means to be conservative.
2.16 Ghz Core 2 Macbook, 3GB Ram, 120 GB

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Sep 18, 2004, 03:10 PM

Originally posted by coolmacdude:
I'll tell you why liberals support Bush. It's because HE IS A FREAKING LIBERAL.

Conservatives support small government, reduced discretionary spending, avoiding unnecessary foreign entanglements, and protection of personal freedom and property.

Bush supports greatly expanded government regulation, fiscal irresponsibility, nation building, erosion of personal liberty, and catering to special interests.

I am a conservative, but I won't be voting for Bush in Nov. for these reasons. He is trying to redefine what it means to be conservative.
I don't care about the nation building part, and the civil liberties stuff is bs, but you're right. I might be the most conservative person on this board (possibly), but if the alternative is to put someone in worse than Bush, than there's no real choice until 2008.

Forum Links
Forum Rules