Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > best place to sell London-based MBP C2D?

best place to sell London-based MBP C2D?
chasg
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2007, 07:05 AM

Hi All,

I find myself in the curious position of having to sell my laptop, something I've never done before (I tend to use my Macs until they die a peaceful death, or hand them down to friend's and family).

I'm not going to list the specs here, as I much prefer to sell face-to-face (or at least have the potential to meet a buyer), so I'm hoping that someone here can give me some advice on where to advertise it (I'm afraid that eBay is out of the question, personal experience has been poor, to say the least).

I've mentioned it to my local Mac store, and put the word out otherwise ("say, do you know anyone who wants a...?"), but no joy. I'm very much hoping to convert it into a nice big iMac.

Any pointers would be very appreciated.

Chas

marsbt
Sep 18, 2007, 09:04 AM

We have a local newsgroup which gets posts for people wanting to buy/sell anything. People contact by phone and deal goes through if they like the price. See if you have a London Buy/Sell newsgroup. Posting an advert in a Uni or College might be a good idea too.
Firefox: Add Of The Week

chasg  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2007, 09:36 AM

Good suggestion, thanks!

Chas

Forum Links
Forum Rules