Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPod classic bugs & inconveniences

iPod classic bugs & inconveniences
Thilo Ettelt
Senior User
Oct 17, 2007, 06:10 AM

Hey, I'm a new iPod classic owner, but I'm dissatisfied with the quality of the product. So I thought I'd list the issues I've encountered to spread the word and eventually make Apple aware of these issues.

So here we go:

- Cover flow often has multiple covers of the same album and is only represented by one big list with all your music, sublists would be nicer (i.e. for a specific genre for example).
- Find bug, I had it yesterday that it would show me hundreds of songs when I actually clicked on a specific album search result, tried it again today and it worked.
- iPod hifi bug: I put the iPod on the hifi and after some minutes of random playback it just pauses. It hit play and it pauses again at some point of time or it plays fine. Very random issue.
- Video out scandal: It's not possible to connect a regular video out cable anymore You have to buy the 50 dollar Apple cable to simply connect your iPod to the TV. This is ridiculous.
- Alert clock doesn't work; at least when it's connected to my iPod hifi, wtf?

Can anyone confirm these bugs and limitations?

- Thilo
( Last edited by Thilo Ettelt; Oct 18, 2007 at 04:21 AM. )

klb5090
Mac Elite
Oct 17, 2007, 11:23 AM

i definitely have the multiple album covers for one album in coverflow, i've tried everything with no results

about the video out, its a built in limitation and its just part of the business i guess.

marsbt
Oct 25, 2007, 04:00 PM

Another problem I noticed in addition to the multiple album covers in cover flow is that even descriptions for the calender are not wrapped. If I have a long description of an even, it goes goes to the right and I can only see the first few words.

About the multiple album covers: That annoyance only came up with the second album I added. The first album had only one singer and it showed only one cover. But the second album was movie sound track and hence had multiple singers. Its artwork appeared as many different entries. Could artist tag be the cause of the bug?
Firefox: Add Of The Week

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Oct 25, 2007, 04:45 PM

Does this coverflow problem occur on the touch as well?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

marsbt
Oct 25, 2007, 06:11 PM

From my searches on apple's discussions: someone wrote that coverflow works with artist names and not album names. If that is the case, the behaviour is as expected. However, I still don't like the way it works. Someone also said that it was working fine before the 1.0.2 update.
Firefox: Add Of The Week

Forum Links
Forum Rules