Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Creating video/audio files... Quicktime Pro best option?

Creating video/audio files... Quicktime Pro best option?
dustrho
Forum Regular
Dec 29, 2007, 05:57 PM

I purchased a brand new Macbook Pro with 256mb of video RAM, and I'm interested in recording video/audio files using the built-in iSight. I might be interested in uploading these videos to YouTube, but only if the quality turns out to be okay. Do I need to purchase Quicktime Pro in order to record video and audio, or is there another application that would work just as well and be FREE? I tried the iMovie but that doesn't record audio directly with the video (at least that's what I'm finding out), and since I'm a Mac noob I'm not sure if there's something already installed that would work as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Chris Rhoads / Forum Admin & Webmaster of Sandtroopers.com

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 29, 2007, 06:27 PM

iMovie '08 is your best option since it does everything you want to do and it came free with your Mac.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "it doesn't record audio directly with video". iMovie definitely records audio with video.

dustrho  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 29, 2007, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by TETENAL View Post
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "it doesn't record audio directly with video". iMovie definitely records audio with video.
Everytime I try videotaping myself with iMovie it does not record sound. When I play back what I recorded in iMovie there's no audio, same when I export it to a movie file. So, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Chris Rhoads / Forum Admin & Webmaster of Sandtroopers.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules